Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware AM2R Metroid 2 remake finally released!

Severian Silk

I can't tell from the video, but can you play this game with a gamepad controller?

The Dutch Ghost

Arbiter
Hello all,

Big Metroid fan here so I have been following the development of this project for some time and have been playing it since it came out.
In general, everyone who liked Metroid Zero Mission and Metroid Fusion is going to like this title as well, some classic gameplay elements return and some new interesting ones are introduced as well

Most of the maps and the design is well done and the few nods to the Prime series are nice, and it is really impressive to see how new areas and items have been integrated into the game.

I do recommend taking a break once in a while as otherwise it becomes rather repetitive if you play it for to long.

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
Played for about an hour and a half. This shit is legit. Really crazy good, feels like I'm playing Zero Mission. Also detected my PS3 pad instantly.
:love:

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Playing in very little bursts at a time. Just did the space jump boss and it was excellent, probably one of my favourite Metroid bosses (I've only played Super, Fusion, Zero Mission). Very good game. Can't speak to how good a remake it is as I never played 2.

lightbane

Arcane
Of course Failtendo would take down this fan-project, even though Metroid has been dead and forgotten since Other M, which completely destroyed the character and the setting.
:decline:

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
Of course Failtendo would take down this fan-project, even though Metroid has been dead and forgotten since Other M, which completely destroyed the character and the setting.

What are you talking about, Metroid isn't dead at all. We wouldn't want fan made crap like this taking the spotlight away from the real, upcoming Metroid game.

cPgYjwF.png

Tehdagah

Arcane

What are you talking about, Metroid isn't dead at all. We wouldn't want fan made crap like this taking the spotlight away from the real, upcoming Metroid game.

cPgYjwF.png
The vast majority of people who played it said it's good.

The Dutch Ghost

Arbiter
Frustration with Nintendo's treatment of the Metroid franchise aside (yeah, they never really seemed to know what to do with it despite that sci fi gamers in general love it), I want to give Metroid Prime Federation Force a try.
I always thought that the Metroid universe/franchise was big enough to allow for spin off titles with other characters (the Federation marines were a good choice after having been introduced in MP2 and MP3) and somewhat different gameplay.

I do wish however that it would have been released alongside a main title to the franchise to balance it out.

Regarding AM2R, Nintendo is in the right to protect its IP, but... well again Nintendo has done pis poor at maintaining the franchise, had it been dead after Metroid Other M this would have been the only title Metroid fans would have to look forwards too.
Now MP:FF is to be released soon, but it could have just as well been another eight years after the last Metroid products before Nintendo finally decided to see if there was some interest in the franchise. (the franchise was never really dead, Nintendo and Sakamoto simply made the mistake of trying to make a title that is more focused towards the Japanese audience instead of accepting that the majority of its fans are Westerners. I guess there is still some Japanese bias towards the West)

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Huh, didn't realize it'd be that quick before a takedown. At the very least, I'm glad I snagged a copy - I was keeping tabs on this blog for freaking forever.

What is with companies and taking down some fangames? They're free, it produces an easy way to get the word of mouth going about your series, what's the problem?

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
why are these japanese companies so hard on fan-made games? western devs are generally more supportive, or at least indifferent for these kind of stuff. nintendo also dislike youtubers using their games for lets plays while smart developer actually use them for free marketing. they really are stuck in the 80's

A user named cat

Nintendo have always been grubby selfish assholes, dating all the way back to their nazi licensing rules and disputes with Tengen. Fuck them and their attacks on fan games which do not even affect their business.

Edit: Also just saw these scumbags likely forced a take down of all Nintendo Power magazines from internet archive.

http://archive.is/vzI9C

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom