Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Amiga, Commodore and creativity

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Haba, Aug 31, 2009.

1. FeelTheRads Arcane Patron

FeelTheRads
    Any benefits to a Raspberry with amibian over just setting up WinUAE on your PC?

^ Top  
  2. piydek Cipher

piydek
    Never used WinUAE on PC (I've used the Amiga Forever distro on my PC), but I don't think there would be any benefits. For my setup/living habits it just works having RPI in my living room hooked up to a TV set. I also like having a dedicated Amiga setup with amibian on a dedicated SD card (I also have another SD card with retropie for SNES/Megadrive/NeoGeo/PSX/basic Amiga games emulation/Kodi).

• Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Luzur Prestigious Gentleman Good Sir

Luzur

• WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    • what? what? x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Luzur Prestigious Gentleman Good Sir

Luzur

I had one of these in my collection before, a PC-10, but it was dead due to faulty powersupply that i never got to fix, had i fixed it i would prob have kept it as a Retrogaming PC, like the 486 i have now.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Luzur Prestigious Gentleman Good Sir

Luzur
    http://www.indieretronews.com/2019/06/hero-68k-hot-news-as-this-classic-game.html

http://www.indieretronews.com/2019/06/a-work-in-progress-mario-clone-for.html

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • nice nice x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Luzur Prestigious Gentleman Good Sir

Luzur
    http://www.indieretronews.com/2019/06/the-shadows-of-sergoth-superb-work-in.html

• incline incline x 1
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. hitfan Double Sided Games Developer

hitfan
    I'm the creator of Realms of Quest V for the VIC-20. My motivation is a lot of the things that you all mention. I suppose that I could make my games for the PC and have a bigger audience, but I already how the VIC-20 works almost inside and out. I will say this in defense of retrogame programming: the old systems limitations provide a structure to work with. And the games that I make are playable on modern systems with emulation. And since the ESC key on the PC keyboard maps to the RUN/STOP key in the Commodore emulator, I made certain to allow players to use that key to exit menus, etc.

And I really look forward to holding a physical copy of my game in my hands:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

As well as looking at the cloth map of the game world:

[​IMG]

And just the other day, my previous publisher (Pystrronik) re-released one of my old games, Theater of War:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

... I just got it in the mail a few days ago and it's beautiful.

• Prestigious Prestigious x 3
    • Salute Salute x 2
    • nice nice x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Luzur Prestigious Gentleman Good Sir

Luzur

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)