Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Amiga, Commodore and creativity

Luzur

Good Sir
https://dmzarkivet.se/

Also Gustav Almström have updated his Datormagazin archive and now all the magazines that came out in total should be online for your viewing pleasure!

take my hand and lets go back to my 80's childhood bros

Luzur

Good Sir
84324915_2649734038591937_8350006216923021312_o.jpg

actual working first version aswell

Luzur

Good Sir
artcabduction.PNG

Some games sit out there quite openly for decades and yet still remain un-crackable, they are made of protection's that have been deemed impassable even by the best, the things that don't get spoken about only via myths and in legends.

Over the years, few have been brave enough to try and battle the evil. While some getting close, all those who have stood in its path have ended up falling short of the victory.

Today FairLight are proud to announce after a long and hard 6 month battle lead by the gallant Bacchus, that finally the 35 year old protection has been defeated once and for all and the evil has been banished forever.

Enjoy
1f609.png

https://csdb.dk/release/?id=187773&...9bDHRYYlk0D3nsASmzMrbqIYOFbZBzpHJSL-Wphso1w8w

Gerrard

Arcane

I know there have been RMC posts here, but I don't think this one was posted. Soldering all that by hand is some dedication.

Luzur

Good Sir
Legacy - PDA Dungeon Crawler will be released on the Amiga by Inked Pixel Software!

First Person Dungeon Crawlers have a huge fan base on Indie Retro News, so many of us love games such as Dungeon Master, Eye of the Beholder, Ishar and even ones just released on the Amiga such as the great Black Dawn Rebirth published through Double Sided Games. So it's thanks to a great heads up by Solo, we now know that this great game of Legacy will be released on the Amiga and requiring a minimum 1200 + 4MB Fast + HDD or an ECS Amiga + 020 CPU + 6 of RAM + Kick 3.1 + HDD and is sure to be a great game indeed!

It was only last week that we announced on Indie Retro News that a demo was made available of a Dungeon Crawler called 'Legacy'; a game that appeared on the PDA by Redshift in the mid 2000's featuring a huge world, dungeons, towns, NPC's and pretty much everything you could want in an old school Dungeon Crawler. Well after telling people it was never going to be released as a full version due to rights issues(?), it looks as if Inked Pixel Software has taken up the task, and will be releasing the full version of 'Legacy' this year on the Amiga!
Facebook

http://www.indieretronews.com/2020/02/legacy-pda-dungeon-crawler-will-be.html

Luzur

Good Sir
2020-03-04T20%3A06%3A17.486Z-Sixtyclone_Collage.jpg

These are replica Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs) derived from the Commodore 64 8-bit computer.

The boards were created to allow Commodore 64 computers that had damaged or faulty PCBs to be successfully repaired. This can be achieved by moving all components from an original board to the replica board, or even replace some parts with more modern alternatives.

We currently have 2 x replica board models available:

• Assembly #250407
  • Assembly #250466
Assembly #250407
This board design was one of the earliest used by Commodore. It requires 8 x 8KB RAM ICs and many logic ICs as well as the commodore custom ICs:

• 6526 CIAs (2)
  • Basic, Kernal and Char ROMs
  • 6510 Processor
  • PLA
  • 6581 SID
  • VIC II Video Controller
Assembly #250466
This board was the last to be produced by Commodore that used the original set of custom ICs:

• 6526 CIAs (2)
  • Basic, Kernal and Char ROMs
  • 6510 Processor
  • PLA
  • 6581 SID
  • VIC II Video Controller
This board tends to be more reliable due to requiring fewer logic ICs, but some parts can be harder or more expensive to obtain (e.g MOS 8701 IC). The board also uses 2 x 32KB RAM ICs as opposed to more common 8 x 8KB ICs.

Other Information
Over the past 30+ years, there have been many boards that have become damaged for various reasons such as poor storage conditions etc.

The replica boards are of the same dimensions of the originals and can therefore be used as a direct replacement to the original PCBs.

Some improvements/modifications were made:

• Improved silkscreen, adding more descriptive connector labels, IC names and better placed component labels
  • Manufactured using modern PCB manufacturing techniques and materials.
  • Separate holes for R38 and it's accompanying capacitor so they no longer need to be stacked on the 250407 board.
Prototype boards were tested with diagnostic software and harnesses to ensure no issues were encountered.

A "Bill of Materials" community editable spreadsheet has been created to help locating replacements parts: Click here to access.

Optional Extras
Some replacement components can be purchased along with the boards:

• Resistor Packs, containing all required resistors for the specific model of board selected. All resistors are labelled with value and location and are metal film resistors.
  • Electrolytic Capacitor Packs, containing all required Electrolytic capacitors for the specific model of board selected. All Electrolytic Capacitors are high quality branded products.
  • Other available component packs will be added as they become available.
https://www.tindie.com/products/bob...cIGepbw1uxRVk5OjxzxzLyGmZHGfamQ-YXaNhAGfI1R9Q

Luzur

Good Sir
Ziggurat Interactive plans to remaster classic games such as Forbidden Forest (1983)

If you're looking to play some remastered classics in the near future, then you might be interested in this piece of news. As thanks to a heads up from Blues News, we've found that publisher Ziggurat Interactive having acquired several other publishers' back catalogues to gather a portfolio of over 140 titles, dating back as far as the 1980s. Will be remastering, reworking and restoring classic system and PC games from the past for modern systems.

First released in 2001, Deadly Dozen is a World War II tactical squad-based shooter developed by nFusion Interactive. Infiltrate German-occupied territory with your squad of 12 military misfits. Destroy, steal, and kidnap your way out. Battle your way through a campaign spanning six war-torn countries. Each of your 12 death-dealing squadmates specializes in a different skillset such as sniper, demolitions, and more, requiring players to use teamwork if they want to survive.

Super Huey

Classic battlefield helicopter combat simulation Super Huey returns to the skies! This 1985 retro Mega-hit, developed by Cosmi, features four immersive modes: flight training, rescue missions, exploration, and combat. Players must use their multitasking skills to defend brothers in arms or gather critical information about the terrain, all while keeping that bird in the air.

Forbidden Forest

Fantasy action game Forbidden Forest is back, challenging archers to cleanse the woods of evil. Armed with only four arrows per level, players must eliminate monsters that include bees, giant spiders, mutated frogs, snakes, wizards, and dragons. Four levels of difficulty— Innocent, Trooper, Daredevil, and Crazy—are sure to keep brave archers on their toes in this updated version of a 1983 Cosmi classic that used a Demogorgon before it was cool.

Links :1) Website

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
Moving out of my house to a newer, much more refined house. Had a space above my kitchen where i stored about half of my C64 stuff. Kind of left it up there in the 2000's and remodeled my kitchen then didn't want to go up there for fear of messing things up. Pulled everything out this last Sunday. I didn't quite expect to see so much, but since I have it, thought I would post it. Eh, looking at the picture there is some Windows 95 stuff. Most of the Magazines are either Ahoy!, Dragon, or D&D Modules. You can see the dust on everything.

Asked my family to just build a funeral pyre for me out of this stuff when I die. Nobody will appreciate this stuff when I die and will probably throw it out. That supra drive on the pile on the left - think I had that hooked up to an Amiga 500 (not shown.) There is a box in there with about 300 5 1/4 floppies of random crap. Once I settle in to my new digs, I'll start unpacking some stuff.

IMG_1897a.jpg

Things I am light on: C64 power supplies, 1541 power supplies. I have two 1571's without power supplies. That will probably be my next mission.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
I saw a Commodore 64 + 1541 floppy drive + Commodore monitor on Mr. Robot this week being used by a strange little girl to test/interrogate Angela confined to a room by the transvestite Whiterose & the Dark Army. Was cool to see that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom