Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview An Authentic Account of an Embassy from the RPG Codex to Larian Studios

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Fuck you Gragt! That preview made me increase my pledge to get Dragon Commander too. I wonder if my GF will want to play with me using the second copy.

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Fuck you Gragt! That preview made me increase my pledge to get Dragon Commander too. I wonder if my GF will want to play with me using the second copy.
You make it sound like she has a choice in the matter.

She likes racers, platformers (Trine, Vessel, Waking Mars rather than Mario or Rayman) and fighting games, likes original Diablo (except the "talky bits"). So I'm not sure whether she'll want to. Probably will put in at least a couple of hours to humor me.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Well the scope of the game is more than dungeon crawling so there'll be a lot of talking to NPCs, social interactions and the like. That might not be what she wants. Then again if you two play it together in the same room, it could be what's needed to turn her to that sort of thing.

clemens

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2014 Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Hey Gragt : I have a question about Dragon Commander in multiplayer. How does the game manage the time you have for social interactions on the Raven while other players wait for you on the strategy map or to start a RTS battle ? Is there a time limiit, can you make them wait for you indefinetely ? That could become annoying pretty fast...

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hey Gragt : I have a question about Dragon Commander in multiplayer. How does the game manage the time you have for social interactions on the Raven while other players wait for you on the strategy map or to start a RTS battle ? Is there a time limiit, can you make them wait for you indefinetely ? That could become annoying pretty fast...
I think it has been mentioned that the RP stuff is SP only.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

The Raven isn't available in multiplayer. The preview mentions that.

clemens

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2014 Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I think it has been mentioned that the RP stuff is SP only.

Oh, OK I missed that. Would have been cool to be able to play a full campaign in multi, à la CKII...

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
It's different from CKII and as you said that would mean that everyone would need for you to finish the interactions on the Raven (and there can be many) before to start your turn. No idea if there is a time limit on the strategy map in MP though it shouldn't be unreasonable to expect it.

One thing I remember that I didn't put in the preview, mostly because I didn't know where to fit it, is that D:OS and DC use the same engine despite being very different games. They're really pushing their technology to its limits and getting familiar with it.

Arkeus

Arcane
It's different from CKII and as you said that would mean that everyone would need for you to finish the interactions on the Raven (and there can be many) before to start your turn. No idea if there is a time limit on the stategy map in MP though it shouldn't be unreasonable to expect it.

One thing I remember that I didn't put in the preview, mostly because I didn't know where to fit it, is that D:OS and DC use the same engine despite being very different games. They're really pushing their technology to its limits and getting familiar with it.
...We need to ask Forktong if this means that, with the editor from D:OS, we could do a game like DC.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
God damn it Gragt. I came to read about D:OS and now you made me increase my KS pledge to include Dragon commander as well! :P

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Yeah. I was kind of ambivalent about it since the whole genre mix seemed a bit disjointed. But after reading your article I decided that the airship interactions alone would make it worthwhile. Plus I love board games THIS MUCH.So I bumped my KS pledge up to the all-digital tier that ForkTong said would give Larian most money. :P

Only downside is that I can't really justify spending more than 100 jewgoldz on a game, so I'll have to sit out on the codex kickstarter.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Good writeup Gragt, it sounds like the foundation is in place for some great games, let's hope Larian can fulfill the expectations.

tarasis

Novice
Thanks for the write up Gragt, it's getting harder and harder for me to resist backing this. Argh.

catfood

AGAIN
Thanks for the write up Gragt, it's getting harder and harder for me to resist backing this. Argh.
faggot.jpg

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Have a really really short snippet from the entire thing: Why are gay marriage [...] important?

:what:

I instantly lost interest in this title. First Dragon Age, then Skyrim, then this...

Dragon Commander allows you to prohibit gay marriage if you want to. ;)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom