Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter An excuse of game - In development party-Management

Divinorium

Literate
Hello!

For a some time now i've been working in a party-management game with turn based combat in my free time and i think it already reached a point where it can be shown. So i'm posting it here to gather feedback and maybe support.

At the moment the game is called "An excuse of game" until it take more shape and actually deserve to be called something else.

Also for now i'm using free assets.

HERE IS THE LINK FOR THE GAME.
(It's free, there's a link to go past the donation page)

Goal:
Create an experience that more than focusing in a single group you take control of a camp in hostile lands and eventually grow it into a city. You will have to manage a huge number of characters, sending them to gather resources, work in certain places, slain monster or discover new wonders. all that while managing resources and making sure your town doesn't go bankrupt.

Basic mechanics:
Town - The quests should guide you through what each building do.(That's a part i need to test)

Combat - It's inspired by games like Grandia and Child of light. Where the turns are determined by a bar that fills based on the character's speed. Likewise attacking someone moves the bar.

Characters - there's no class in the game any character can learn any skill. No level - the characters strength is determined by their stats, that can be trained, and by his skills. There's no levels

Skills - skills have "attack types" that decide what weapons can use it. EG: Stab has piercing type and can be used with swords and daggers.
every character has access to a set of basic skills and can learn skills based in their stats.
Skills can be trained to raise it's mastery, incresing it's effectiveness.
At the moment there's 8 skills that can be learned based on the characters stats.

For the future:

Town - Building upgrades, Buldings to generate resources, assigning character to "work" on buildings to increase it's efficiency.
Research - not a tech tree, the game will evolve based on "research" in a subject to improve it. found an unknown object? study it to learn and improve it's uses. Like a weapon? research it to discover how to make better ones. Like a skill? study it to unlock bonuses for it.
Characters - Character will have slots to equip gear like weapons, armour, helmets, etc. He will also have a inventory to carry useful potions and even a different weapon to equip mid fight. The character will also have weight stat that will change his effectiveness in battle.
Skills - skills will be able to "evolve" in better versions. Also characters will be able to develop new skills and versions and teach it to others characters.
Misssions- more types of missions like: patrol, resource gathering, etc.
Quests - random generated quests with a wide variety like hunting monsters, delivering items, capturing monsters, creating an special item.

Known issues:
Animations of the hero reduce the size when attacking/taking hits
No animations to the monsters.

So i wanto to know what you guys think of the game, any feedback is welcomed.
I have a twitter, and i'm trying to be more active on it.
Also i have a patreon up, if you like the concept and have the money to spare please consider supporting me.
both links is in the main menu.

Thanks for the attention.
Divinorium

Mustawd

Wtf is even going on here? I clicked a few times, and now I'm already stuck.

wtf_game.png

Divinorium

Literate
Wtf is even going on here? I clicked a few times, and now I'm already stuck.

wtf_game.png
Hello!

In your screen there's a X button over the moon in the top right corner, just below the red "inf". it should close that window, but nevertheless the background of the window bugged for you. What shouldn't happen.

Can you tell me what browser and SO you are using? I'm making some tests and so far didnt find an answer, so i'm considering it may be browser/OS related.

Mustawd

Windows 8 and Google Chrome. That was at work. Will try my home PC.

EDIT: Ok it's not bugged on my Win 10 PC with Google Chrome.

In your screen there's a X button over the moon in the top right corner, just below the red "inf".

What's the "inf" for?

Also, where is the option to turn off the music?

Last edited by a moderator:

Divinorium

Literate
Windows 8 and Google Chrome. That was at work. Will try my home PC.

EDIT: Ok it's not bugged on my Win 10 PC with Google Chrome.

In your screen there's a X button over the moon in the top right corner, just below the red "inf".

What's the "inf" for?

Also, where is the option to turn off the music?

The "inf" turn on/off the tooltips in the town, the blue text boxes that give information when you hover over things.
At the moment there's no button to turn off the music, but it's one of the priorities in my check list. I may sneak in a new patch to fix it, you think it's worth it? (add a new patch just to add the button to turn on/off the music)

Divinorium

Literate
Hello again!

I just uploaded a new version with the button to turn on/off the sound and some bugfixes. Same link of the first post. (should link you to v 0.41D)
At the moment you can only turn on/off the music from the town menu.(I need to completely rebuild the combat scene)
Also some wierd bugs that made the game get stuck was fixed. It wasn't there when i tested. Strange that no one complained about it, i hope people just didn't get stuck and gave up. seriously if you ever play a indie game and get stuck: report it, generally indies don''t have a big team, in my case i'm a single guy, we don't have the means to test in different systems and brosers and usage order and .... you get the idea. we can't fix what we don't know about.

either way i hope you guys like the new version without, hopefully, any game breaking bug.

Divinorium

Divinorium

Literate
Hello again!

I just uploaded a new version, v041f, no big changes in this one aside from the inclusion of some links and credits. Still the same itchio link but just in case you are lazy like me HERE IS, also if for whatever reason you don't like Itchio here's a link to the game at newgrounds.

The big news is that i have created a Discord community, the link is in the Main menu of the game, if you guys liked,hated or got bugged. you can always contact me through the Discord.
Also i'm looking for beta testers, if you liked the concept of the game, or just want to help in general i would love to get you involved in the project.(seriously you don't have idea how much beta testers help)

Divinorium

Divinorium

Literate
Hello!

Just passing to drop a link to the new version, v0.42.0.
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/710221
Changes in the latest version include a more balanced character generation, game losing conditions and hopefully a better notification system.

Divinorium

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom