Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

An honest look at Undertale

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I've mentioned this before so I won't go into a lot of detail, but a lot of the charm of the game is how reactive it is to the little things you do. Far from there only being 2 ways to play, the neutral route is probably the most fleshed out by far, with individual bit characters noticing when their friends aren't around, and there are a bunch of variations of the neutral ending depending on who you killed.

Vatnik
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Never played the game but did watch a fair amount on youtube. Sometimes I have some tune going through my head which is very catchy, think ''Where did I hear that, it was a really fucking gay context'' and realise it was Undertale. It really is excellent music that keeps sneaking up on me - posted this because this time it was a remix in the background of one of Ryan Faulk's recent videos and the now familiar feeling of ''why is this music good but also causing me to mentally visualise soyim and tumblrinas?''

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
never could get into Undershit because of the absolutely horrendous combat.

if it had proper JRPG combat the game would be good-to-great, sadly though it is basically unplayable because of the combat.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
never could get into Undershit because of the absolutely horrendous combat.

if it had proper JRPG combat the game would be good-to-great, sadly though it is basically unplayable because of the combat.
God, no. Toby does not seem to be the person who would design thoughtful turn based combat. It's better off as it is.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
It's pretty sweet, just avoid all the fans, including on the Codex. Don't even get into an argument. Just ignore them.

It's weird how many creeps and children this game attracted. But I am still glad it exists!

Falksi

Arcane
It just bored me tbh.

Way too many games get praised because they end with an emotionally weighty or poignant finale. But when so much of that journey is a slog they shouldn't.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I find it hard to think of a six-hour long game as a 'slog' no matter how you slice it. You really must have disliked the writing and the combat!

Falksi

Arcane
I find it hard to think of a six-hour long game as a 'slog' no matter how you slice it. You really must have disliked the writing and the combat!

I just found it boring on the whole. It never really engaged me and, whilst I thought the idea was novel and quite clever, to actually play through it felt choresome regardless of the length.

I can see why folk warmed to it though. It had bags of charm and deserves praise for it's originality & obvious labour of loveness.

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
At least it's short, consider the money spent as a museum ticket. (Or just get it for "free")

On the other hand Outbound is too boring and long for me to give a damn.

Deleted Member 22431

It is a great gaem, guys. The developer rebelled against normal people and their preferences normal narratives. It is refreshing because it makes me feel courageous to make a sex change and become a trans and it treats everything in an unconsequential manner and allows me to laugh about my own choices. Bonus points for having weeboo sensibilities charming art.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Look, I don't think it's explicitly for furries.

Five minutes later, Jasede played 'Deltarune' and one of the first things that happens is that you are introduced to a cute and young 'fluffy boy' (the game's words, not mine).
Ten minutes later, Jasede remembers that the creator is called Toby Fox.

... okay, you win!

d1e5acfdfd9037c30cd635b417a0d9f5.png

Last edited:

PorkBarrellGuy

Look, I don't think it's explicitly for furries.

Five minutes later, Jasede played 'Deltarune' and one of the first things that happens is that you are introduced to a cute and young 'fluffy boy' (the game's words, not mine).
Ten minutes later, Jasede remembers that the creator is called Toby Fox.

... okay, you win!

d1e5acfdfd9037c30cd635b417a0d9f5.png

Well, "explicitly" implies that no one but a furry could play it, and for the time being Toby isn't demanding a picture of your fursona's refsheet or whatever furfags use to establish cred before he lets you download anything.

PorkBarrellGuy

He didn't ask for your ref sheet? I had to upload my purple papers...

Be honest, you furries throw 'sona dickpics at anything that doesn't explicitly demand you do the opposite, and even that's not a hard rule.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
I don't have a reference sheet, or any art of my character, so I wouldn't know about any of that. Imagine furries as an aquarium, filled with all kinds of freaky fish. Now imagine me, as a squid that's next to the aquarium going, 'hey, that's interesting!'. I may talk to some of them through the glass, and I might dip my tentacle in sometimes, but most of the time, I am just watching on, in equal parts amused and horrified.

Normal people are the ones walking past the aquarium (and the squid) going "hey, what the fuck is up with these weird fucking fish?"

PorkBarrellGuy

I don't have a reference sheet, or any art of my character, so I wouldn't know about any of that. Imagine furries as an aquarium, filled with all kinds of freaky fish. Now imagine me, as a squid that's next to the aquarium going, 'hey, that's interesting!'. I may talk to some of them through the glass, and I might dip my tentacle in sometimes, but most of the time, I am just watching on, in equal parts amused and horrified.

Normal people are the ones walking past the aquarium (and the squid) going "hey, what the fuck is up with these weird fucking fish?"

I think the worst part about furries (well, most of them, I guess, giving you the benefit of the doubt) is that they take everything from cute, relatively harmless anthropomorphized things to interesting notions of transhumanism and so on and basically draw dicks on it all so they can whack off to it. I mean, not that the weeaboo subcultures and others are much better about indulging in mindless prurience for mindless prurience's sake, but Undertale isn't really a weeaboo game.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I think it's more fair to say the games just really appeals to furries and weebs (and the Japanese kind) for obvious reasons.

Seriously, having a Japanese translation right from the start for the demo was the smooth kind of marketing technique.

Vatnik
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Trannies are mentally weak, so they like their entertainment to be as cute and nonthreatening as possible. Natural allies of furries because the delusions are about the same.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom