Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[animucodex] BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Alright, so the re-release of Continuum Shift is coming out next month in the US and EU.

Game includes the previous DLC characters, Relius Clover as a new character, revamped story mode with story paths for the new characters, revamped Calamity Trigger story mode, Abyss mode, Unlimited Wars mode, cross-platform network play, team play for network play, and small stuff like new BGMs and such.

For 40 dorraa range, that's a pretty good selection, and it's still one of the best fighting games around to begin with.

PS: King of Fighters XIII is fucking amazing.

Majestic47

Learned
i'm no expert at these but the stylish presentation is probably the main selling point. if it ever gets released on PC - I'd buy it just to enjoy the sound track and animation.
I bought GoG.com GGX :)

MetalCraze

Arcane
There's a usual BlazBlue available for PC
It's quite good - if you'll look past the retarded japfaggotry

MaroonSkein

Augur
PS: King of Fighters XIII is fucking amazing.
On the 25th of November my burning hatred for Russian publishers increased hundredfold because none of the bastards brought KoF XIII, my most anticipated game of 2011, to my country. Made me realize just how imperfect the retail distribution model is. Oh well, we did get XII. It was half a year after the rest of the world, but we did get it. Maybe there's still hope.

At least it shouldn't be a problem for Continuum Shift Extend. There's a Vita version, and all Vita games will have a digital release on the same day they appear in retail stores. PSN will save me should our publishers fail.

Majestic47

Learned
monocled drill bird-san, why do you troll us so?
anyways, the last anime i watched was............................................................................................................................................... hmm. Gundam 00?
just to confirm nothing has changed haha. Still confused why they ditched GG completely though, without milking it with anime feature ;) It was good enough to be one.

Vaarna_Aarne

I guess they considered the series finished. Personally I think BlazBlue is an improvement over Guilty Gear.

MaroonSkein

Augur
Still confused why they ditched GG completely though, without milking it with anime feature ;) It was good enough to be one.
ArcSys temporally lost the rights to Guilty Gear to Sega. That's why they made BlazBlue. They managed to get the rights back after that, but they'll need to completely redraw the sprites to match HD screens if they want to make another GG. It's much cheaper to keep rebalancing BB and adding new characters to it. We'll see a new GG eventually, but only after ArcSys is done with the current BB engine.

Vaarna_Aarne

I'm actually pretty curious which one of the two, SNK or ArcSys, has to come up with the more ghetto solutions with their graphics (= who has the lower budget). It's still hilarious how Capcom's fighting games look like shit despite probably having higher budget for the hype campaign alone than SNK and ArcSys have for the whole thing.

MaroonSkein

Augur
I'm actually pretty curious which one of the two, SNK or ArcSys, has to come up with the more ghetto solutions with their graphics (= who has the lower budget).
Definitely SNK. First, they make 3D models and animate them, then they draw the sprites' outlines over the models, then they paint and shade the sprites by hand. ArcSys uses more traditional animation techniques, AFAIK, but this means they can't produce as many unique frames as SNK can, so their animation tends to be somewhat choppier.

Vaarna_Aarne

Actually, as far as I know they use the largely same method as SNK, with 3D models being made first and then drawn on top of.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom