Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie Anority. Isometric Sci-Fi rpg with turn-based combat (in development)

agama_games

Faeton
Developer
Hi! I`m indie developer. Anority is my first project on which I work alone. Target platform - Android, Windows. Further the list of platforms will be expanded. Now I'm testing all the created mechanics in the test location. Until the end of the work there are about two months. Next, I will complement the game with questions, dialogs, that will give an possibility to feel life in the game.
A short plot: in the near future, the Council of Corporations began to manage humanity. There was still a struggle between corporations in an implicit form - espionage, local conflicts.
At the suggestion of the corporation "Ragon", the corporation "S4" began its expansion into the star system of Tau Ceti in order to extract expensive resources from the planets. One of the planets, later named Anority, with conditions suitable for human habitation, was decided to be used as a springboard for further expansion. However, in the process of settling, traces of, at first glance, primitive ancient civilization were discovered. "S4" under the contract allowed the corporation "Ragon" to do research on one of the temple complexes, having built a base in the immediate vicinity. After some time, the corporation “S4” suddenly announced the introduction of quarantine mode on the planet due to the outbreak of neuroinfection, causing significant mutations. According to the regulation of the Council of Corporations on the introduction of quarantine, "Ragon" was ordered to cease operations and leave the planet.
You are a special agent of the division of the corporation “Ragon”, which is looking for traces of alien civilizations in order to obtain new technologies. Your mission is to arrive at the “Condirriens” base and urgently explore the temple complex.
Explore the world to find out who you really are, as well as the backstory to the origin of humanity and its original role.
Feature of game:
- turn-based battles
- volumetric vision
- vision horizon
- cellular inventory, in which each object occupies a different number of cells
- a large number of parameters and skills
- non-linear dialogues and quests
- item crafting and repair system
- different types of resistance and vulnerability
- a large number of objects with which you can interact in various ways
- damage to the object leads to wear parts (as part of the object) at the position
-a system of penalties and bonuses from wounds, and ingestion of stimulants and drugs
-highlighting the move in battle
- mode of obtaining information about objects
- hearing system-objects react to sound sources
Set of parameters of the character: strength, endurance, hearing, sight, intelligence, agility, mobility, health.
Types of influences and resistance to them: prick, cut, blow, electricity, fire, cold, radiation, acid, poison, psi (questionable), power influence, explosion.
Types of weapon: power and shooting. The small arms in basic option cause a smaller loss, than power. Ammunition to small arms can possess the combined action, that is in addition to the main influence (damage of integuments and soft fabrics) causes also secondary in case ammunition remained in the purpose. As a result of the correct selection like ammunition of the enemy it is possible to put out of action much quicker. Power of primary defeat should be selected taking into account protective properties of the purpose.
Skills: mechanics (assembly - repair), the electrician (assembly - repair), electronics (assembly - repair), a rifle shooting, the automatic machine shooting, a rifle power, the automatic machine power, unarmed fight, carrying power armor.

Changes in alpha ver. 0.941

It adds the following:
-a system of random encounters on a global map (according to the time of day and habitat of the creatures)
-new storage system - up to 10 slots (use of bed)
-added characters selling tools and parts for armour and weapons
-added doctors - they sell medicines and treat for money (a doctor at the Condirriens base treats for free)
-several new locations
-a new enemy
-a new type of weapon
-slightly improved graphics
-bug fixing

Note: the game is at the initial stage of implementation, in the future in a large number of locations and quests will be added.

GooglePlay https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.AGAMA.Anority
Indiedb https://www.indiedb.com/games/anority

Screenshot-2019-07-18-10-27-09.png

123.png

131.png

Screenshot-2020-11-15-18-59-38.png

333.png

Last edited:

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I'm interested in this part:

-volume vision system

Something akin to Nox-style TrueSight aka where obstacles tangibly limit what you can see or something different entirely?

10904-nox-windows-screenshot-exploring-the-mage-temple-with-a-de.jpg

agama_games

Faeton
Developer
Hey, I recognized some of those icons, especially the running guy, the eye, the flexing arm, and some other from Tales of Maj'Eyal. Interesting how you adjusted the coloring to fit more thematically.

Other than that, keep us updated good sir.
Hi! Thank you for your interest!
Icons are taken from the site with free content https://game-icons.net. I looked at the screenshots of this game, did not find similar ones ;)

agama_games

Faeton
Developer
Looks promising. The walking speed is so slow though but I understand that this is a very early build
Hi! Yes, this is early build 0.3. There is a run mode. A beta version of 0.5 will be released within two weeks. In this version the speed of all modes will be increased: stealth, go, run

Last edited:

agama_games

Faeton
Developer
Good luck with the game, it always makes me glad when devs post on Codex.

Thank you!

A suggestion: when you interact with containers (such as the lockers in the video), it would save the player some time if you skipped the interactive menus and went straight to the "item" interface when you click on them.

Good note! It was realized in version 0.4.

The Fish

Arcane
agama_games why do you use pre-rendered sprites for the character and not just go with a 3D model? I do like pre-rendered sprites, like those in factorio, but I'm always surprised when I see developers choose to do it.

agama_games

Faeton
Developer
agama_games why do you use pre-rendered sprites for the character and not just go with a 3D model? I do like pre-rendered sprites, like those in factorio, but I'm always surprised when I see developers choose to do it.
The target platform - Android smartphones, including feeble.
I have no modeller. Therefore I am stimulated to buy models on AssetStore. For sprites the quantity of polygons in model does not matter. Therefore I can buy any pleasant model.
The sprite is two triangles. I in a visible part of the stage can have 15 - 20 characters (on a plot) if it is model - that is 30,000-60,000 triangles.
These are expenditures of resources of the processor which potential is necessary for implementation of mechanics. Additional expenditures of productivity on rendering mode switching - between 2d and 3d, rendering of model in a texture, positioning of a texture to the stage. Obviously,
that rendering of a 3D model allows to avoid a set of problems. It is 2d-animation and high requirements to the sizes of atlases.
If I had a good modeller, then to the stage of a game would draw 3D models.

dmonin

Arcane
Patron
Developer
Make the Codex Great Again!
Finally you have created here topic! Welcome!

As I understand from your last post you don't want to use 3d models cause it performance hit for mobile devices.

Do you have any plans to release modding tools too?

I have already posted this video in Abu Antar topic of incoming games but maybe someone missed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom