Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie Anority. Isometric Sci-Fi rpg with turn-based combat (in development)

Unwanted

YanBG

Unwanted
Isometric 2d is prettier but more limiting if you want a super-interactive game i guess. Still i prefer it because of nostalgia maybe, all 3d games look similar to me and the early hybrids that have 2d environment and 3d characters are ugly.

agama_games

Faeton
Developer
Finally you have created here topic! Welcome!
Thanks a lot, very pleasantly!

As I understand from your last post you don't want to use 3d models cause it performance hit for mobile devices.
In the absence of a good modeller - it indeed, will affect productivity or quality of sprites

Do you have any plans to release modding tools too?.
In the beginning editors for change will definitely not enter a game. Further, at the request of players, perhaps, I will add. Editors now only for the internal purposes, are not present documentation.

agama_games

Faeton
Developer
Isometric 2d is prettier but more limiting if you want a super-interactive game i guess.
Hi! I realize the considerable interactivity of objects. Now it is possible to receive the description of all objects, and to interact not with all. Further the quantity of objects for interaction will be more.
First of all, many objects will participate in assembly - disassembly.

Piotrovitz

Savant
Don't want to be a party pooper, but the colours look really fucking atrocious on those screenshots.

There are obvious similarities to Underrail's style, but the palette there was much more refined and shown idk, some kind of visual taste.

Here it's just ugly.

image.png

What's the difference between practice and theory?

Unwanted

YanBG

Unwanted
There are obvious similarities to Underrail's style, but the palette there was much more refined and shown idk, some kind of visual taste.
I was going to say it reminds me more of Fallout 1/2 but just figured the walls and houses there have different angle/perspective.

agama_games you bought the character models, right? What about making a kickstarter and then hiring an artist full-time to improve the graphics?

agama_games

Faeton
Developer
image.png

When you receive a level given parameter points and skill points. Skill points are spent on increasing the potential of the skill (theory). Practice is enhanced by the use of the skill.
All calculations (damage, repairs, and the rest) use the value of the skill practice. Practice increases to the value of theory.

agama_games

Faeton
Developer
I was going to say it reminds me more of Fallout 1/2 but just figured the walls and houses there have different angle/perspective.
In Fallout 1,2 6 directions and developers specifically made a distortion for asymmetry. In JA2 there are 8 directions, but all large objects are located on two virtual lines. I have until 4 direction. I like the symmetrical projection, like in JA2.

agama_games you bought the character models, right? What about making a kickstarter and then hiring an artist full-time to improve the graphics?
I do not plan to go to kickstarter, it is difficult and a positive result is unlikely. If the project will generate income, then improve it visually and make 8 directions.

Unwanted

YanBG

Unwanted
You can go for 5k goal, still better than nothing i guess. People use the campaign to build up a fanbase. But you should also work on a small demo to gather feedback.

image.png

When you receive a level given parameter points and skill points. Skill points are spent on increasing the potential of the skill (theory). Practice is enhanced by the use of the skill.
All calculations (damage, repairs, and the rest) use the value of the skill practice. Practice increases to the value of theory.

That's pretty interesting.

agama_games

Faeton
Developer
You can go for 5k goal, still better than nothing i guess. People use the campaign to build up a fanbase. But you should also work on a small demo to gather feedback.
To interest players demo location released April 1, 2018 in Googleplay, on other sites. There are very few people interested yet. On Android similar games a little. I probably made a mistake in choosing the target audience.

agama_games

Faeton
Developer
image.png

That's pretty interesting.
Thank you!

agama_games

Faeton
Developer
Hi! Today released a beta 0.5 update. The location is the previous because the mechanics require testing. The changes are:
1. When you start the game you will see the parameters window , in which you need to use the reserve of the neural network, to set the desired initial value of the theory and practice of possession of various skills
2. Added the window of parameters and skills
3. Improved pathfinding algorithm
4. In the inventory added a button "Take all"
5. Changed the highlighting of objects that can be interacted with.
You may download the test location from these links:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.AGAMA.Anority

Last edited:

agama_games

Faeton
Developer
What does this mean?

-12 types of different impacts
Hi! Types of impacts that give different effects - damage, recovery. Impacts may cause damage , or may recovery. In the future, probably leave only damage and change the name then. It would be cool if potential players offered their ideas. I will be happy to consider these ideas and apply them whenever possible. I want to make a game that would be interesting.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Android?

:d1p: :takemyjewgold:

As long as there are no microtransactions or ads of course. If that's the case get rekt.

agama_games

Faeton
Developer
Hi! Now while Android and Windows, then - if I like the number of players on Android, I will build for IOS. If I like the number of players on Windows-I will build for MacOS and Linux.
As long as there are no microtransactions or ads of course. If that's the case get rekt
Advertising will be no earlier than two or three months. Microtransactions are not planned.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom