Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie Anority. Isometric Sci-Fi rpg with turn-based combat (in development)

agama_games

Faeton
Developer
Looks like Underrail—cool!
Some critical comments: trading UI seems tedious. Some QOL shortcut commands there probably would help. The ambient sounds in the beginning are nice, but the generic action-y video game music that comes in when combat starts is atrocious. Death and melee animations in combat are rather slow/boring. Like Taka-Haradin puolipeikko pointed out, some of the skills seem somewhat redundant.
Thanks for the comment! The game is still in development, all the skills needed (in the game the need for some of them has not yet been disclosed). Perhaps will still be added. The speed of movement of the character is determined by its parameter" Mobility", if this parameter is 100, the character walks and runs fast.

agama_games

Faeton
Developer
Hi! Released the latest version 0.801 of prototype. The next version 0.9 will be a pre-alpha of game.

agama_games

Faeton
Developer
Hi! I made an unplanned update, in which, at the request of users, made these additions:
- adjust the transparency of walls
- choice of color scheme (three types)
- output statistics on the cost of action
- change the language without restarting the game
- fixed bugs
41.png
42.png
44.png

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Looks like Underrail (I mean it in a good way) and the UI reminds me a bit of KotOR

I'm totally dowm with this

Unwanted

SlumLord

Unwanted
Edgy
Agreed on it looking like Underrail, which is a compliment any way you slice it.

Just one question for the developer: why did you decide to go with isometric view, instead of cavalier oblique (like in Fallout)?. Cavalier in my opinion looks better since the tilt is steeper and you dont' get that 2x45-degree artificial look. IIRC cavalier is 15 and 45 degrees from a planar offset. Have you tried it, or is there some other reason you're going for pure isometric? If your engine is fully customizable and you're importing 3D assets then you shouldn't have a problem messing with alternate perspectives.

Apart from that tiny detail, I like the work you've shown so far. Good luck with your project! :salute:

agama_games

Faeton
Developer
Agreed on it looking like Underrail, which is a compliment any way you slice it.

Just one question for the developer: why did you decide to go with isometric view, instead of cavalier oblique (like in Fallout)?. Cavalier in my opinion looks better since the tilt is steeper and you dont' get that 2x45-degree artificial look. IIRC cavalier is 15 and 45 degrees from a planar offset. Have you tried it, or is there some other reason you're going for pure isometric? If your engine is fully customizable and you're importing 3D assets then you shouldn't have a problem messing with alternate perspectives.

Apart from that tiny detail, I like the work you've shown so far. Good luck with your project! :salute:
Hi! Thank you! I chose this view, because after a while I plan to change dynamic objects (characters) to 3D models, increase the number of animations and make eight directions.

Unwanted

YanBG

Unwanted
Checked the demo.
- Can you hide the Unity splash screen and add your game's icon on the exe?
- Main menu is too small for pc, is it because of the mobile version?
- In the Parameteres, the main icons aren't named(i can guess the strength but still)
- Not sure if i like the up and down arrows to spend points, + and - might be easier on the eye. Now everthing is blue.
- Can you add stats roll or even a premade character for lazy casuals like me? :D
- No skill for Pistols?
- Is there a screenshot hotkey?
- When i hover the mouse over UI icons there are no tooltips.
- "Esc" should open and close the main menu.

MAJOR BUG: can't move with neither arrow keys nor WASD on my keyboard. Win8.1 64bit

Loading save game gives me error:
Mf3W9E1.png

What's acumulator? I guess wrong translation:
2FpDGR1.png

This sentence "To set values?" needs fixing i think:
wSSw80Y.png

agama_games

Faeton
Developer
- Can you hide the Unity splash screen and add your game's icon on the exe?
In two or three days I will release a prototype version 0.82 for PC (now for Android 0.82, for PC 0.801 ). And the next release will add an icon for the PC. Target platform - Android, additional platform -PC (very few PC players)
- Main menu is too small for pc, is it because of the mobile version?
Yes, I have not yet adapted the game for PC
- In the Parameteres, the main icons aren't named(i can guess the strength but still)
If you click on the parameter icon or skill name, its description appears in the window
- Not sure if i like the up and down arrows to spend points, + and - might be easier on the eye.
Good idea
- Can you add stats roll or even a premade character for lazy casuals like me?
Yes, I think it needs to be implemented.
- No skill for Pistols?
After I make characters in 3D, there will be more animations and types of weapons.
- Is there a screenshot hotkey?
Not yet:)
- When i hover the mouse over UI icons there are no tooltips.
- "Esc" should open and close the main menu.

MAJOR BUG: can't move with neither arrow keys nor WASD on my keyboard. Win8.1 64bit
In the next two to three months, I don't plan to do adaptation for PC, I focus on the Android version
What's acumulator? I guess wrong translation:
Accumulator for energy assault rifle.
But, of course, after a while I will order the translation. Thank you for the detailed comment.

Unwanted

YanBG

Unwanted
very few PC players
But are you selling the game on Google Play or whatever? I thought it's mostly free there. Steam could generate you some bucks!
If you click on the parameter icon or skill name, its description appears in the window
There are still no names.
In the next two to three months, I don't plan to do adaptation for PC, I focus on the Android version
Well you listed the download for Windows version and i thought it's playable. But fair enough, you have focus on something first before the other.

agama_games

Faeton
Developer
But are you selling the game on Google Play or whatever?
The game is free.
Steam could generate you some bucks!
Alpha version is unlikely to be popular
Well you listed the download for Windows version and i thought it's playable. But fair enough, you have focus on something first before the other.
You're right. I suggested playing the Windows version- maybe someone will like the game.

Unwanted

YanBG

Unwanted
Hey man, where are the updates? I even forgot the name of the game, it was buried a few pages back.

agama_games

Faeton
Developer
Hey man, where are the updates? I even forgot the name of the game, it was buried a few pages back.
Hello! How nice that you brought me back to reality.:) I was make a lot of changes, so divided the parts of the update (so that there was no big pause). I think that in a few days will be able to release the version 0.85.

agama_games

Faeton
Developer
Hello! Congratulations to all the upcoming New Year! I wish you all happiness, good luck! And I'm decided to make a cute little thing - released update 0.85:
-global map
-lighting system
-indication of the protagonist's hearing
-location added
-sounds added
-fixed bugs

agama_games

Faeton
Developer
Hey, friend! Why you don't post any screenshots? Game looks amazing btw!

Thanks friend! Waiting for news from you on the project Sands of Space

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom