Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ANTHEM - failed Destiny clone from BioWare

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The current vision of futuristic armor is so ugly. Bulky edgy stuff.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
These fukin console UIs are punishment from hell, we need 2nd Jesus to free us from the penalty for our sins to stop this abomination.

It all looks so generic, the overall design, the UI design, the world design - everything I've seen so far from this game, is so generic I can't describe what I've seen without the word generic.

It looks like twenty other games blended together in the most boring and unsatisfying way, like when taking 20 flavors of ice-cream and mix them all together. This game probably ticks all the boxes, every bit of popular design for the last 10 years is found in this game. It's part Battlefield, part CoD, part Halo, part Destiny and even part Elex.

This is the blandest thing I've seen.

sullynathan

Arcane
No AAA game is looking for influence from Elex, nor does this futuristic third person iron man flying mmo style shooter look like COD or Battlefield.

Clink

Educated
These fukin console UIs are punishment from hell, we need 2nd Jesus to free us from the penalty for our sins to stop this abomination.

It all looks so generic, the overall design, the UI design, the world design - everything I've seen so far from this game, is so generic I can't describe what I've seen without the word generic.

It looks like twenty other games blended together in the most boring and unsatisfying way, like when taking 20 flavors of ice-cream and mix them all together. This game probably ticks all the boxes, every bit of popular design for the last 10 years is found in this game. It's part Battlefield, part CoD, part Halo, part Destiny and even part Elex.

This is the blandest thing I've seen.

Who cares anyway? The life is not enough to evaluate any possible kind of bullshit flying around.
Bioware is probably well dead for some time already, so it doesn't make any sense to expect anything worthy of attention from them.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Closed alpha on December 8-9: https://help.ea.com/en/help/anthem/anthem/anthem-closed-alpha-info/

http://blog.bioware.com/2018/11/29/november-update/

November Update
by Author -Casey Hudson
General Manager of BioWare

Things are always busy at a game development studio, especially when we’re finishing a game. A few years back, I toured a friend around the office as we were finalizing a game, and he said it was like being on a submarine – the tangible energy of professionals doing their jobs with intensity and purpose. As we approach the release of Anthem, it’s starting to feel like that again…

The Crew of the USS BioWare

First, Anthem. Now that we’re past our Alpha milestone, we’re at the part of the project where we’re doing final tasks and changes, and doing a ton of testing and bug-fixing. And we’re able to do one of my favorite parts of game development: the Play From Home build.

It’s a tradition at BioWare. Late in a project, when the game is good enough and finished enough to really enjoy it as a complete experience, we enable it to be played at home by our developers. It’s an incredibly important step, because it allows us to get out of the mindset of being at the office, and just be at home experiencing the game like a player instead of a developer. Everything that prevents you from loving the game becomes a task or a bug, so we know that when we finish that work, we’ll have something really special.

As creative people, we have a need to try new things. And while Anthem is definitely something new and different, my first Play From Home session with Anthem started with some things I expect from a BioWare game: discovering a vast new universe to explore, being drawn into a compelling story, and meeting characters that I want to learn more about. But for me, it also quickly started to deliver its own magic: superheroic gameplay that makes me want to come back just for the feel of it, and being able to have friends join with me on my adventure so we can explore and fight as a team. Seeing Game Director Jon Warner arrive in my game, resplendent in his white-and-red Ranger Javelin, was particularly inspiring – especially when he led me to a secret location with Legendary treasure.

Jon Warner, tour guide

There is of course a lot of work ahead to get things ready for Anthem’s Feb 22 launch date. And, since what you get with Anthem isn’t just the launch game but the ongoing story, features and content that will follow in live service, there are teams already working on entire seasons of post-launch content. It’s scary and exciting to work on something on this scale and complexity, but we’re doing everything we can to make sure it’s an amazing experience for you.

index.php

Arcane

2rzymi0.png

The comments are all negative. This game is gonna flop hard :lol: :lol:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

2rzymi0.png

LoL that choppiness,the game looks like shit. I felt like vomiting while watching this clip,by the looks of it,it will run in 15fps with 50 fov. 75% of those people in the "fort" are diversity colours :). It doesn't help that people that played the game and talked are retarded.

Last edited:

Gerrard

Arcane
Firefall was a mess of a game, but even in that mess there was fun to be had. Popping turret mode + explosive rounds and unleashing a storm of bullets from your minigun at a mass of enemies felt awesome. There's nothing like that in Destiny, or, from what we've seen so far of combat in the E3 demo, in this train wreck ether. Just slow and boring small scale engagements.

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
Firefall was a mess of a game, but even in that mess there was fun to be had. Popping turret mode + explosive rounds and unleashing a storm of bullets from your minigun at a mass of enemies felt awesome. There's nothing like that in Destiny, or, from what we've seen so far of combat in the E3 demo, in this train wreck ether. Just slow and boring small scale engagements.

Or Tigerclaw/Firecat with the two mods that kept you airborne forever in the early days, raining plasma down onto shit

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

2rzymi0.png

I honestly do not understand who thought that trailer was a good idea.
24 minutes of nothing, absolutely nothing, happening - in combination with those creepy ass uncanny valley faces. For a Destiny-like game that is 99% about combat and did not really have a (non-staged) gameplay trailer.
If it was at least titled "non-combat gameplay" or "quest hub looks" or something along those lines to clear things up or something.
Nope - there's even a big fat "Gameplay" in the thumbnail. They make people sit through it all, getting frustrated and then downvoting.

It really feels like the big ones try to outdo each other in their bullshit recently.
A constant "hold my beer" parade of disconnection.

Squid

Arbiter
The idea of flying around a huge planet like an Iron Man all suped up sounds kick ass and fun. Too bad it's Bioware/EA copying Destiny because that statement alone means it's gonna be shit and jammed packed with extra monetizations that weren't needed.

typical user

Arbiter
I have a feeling this game is going to be an interactive movie. Like sure you can fly around like an Iron-Man but probably it is going to be scripted and limited so you will we move forward no matter what and only in hand-picked areas. Also the RPG is more like The Division with fluctuating numbers which mean nothing, fancy names and enigmatic statistics which won't explain what they do. Like you do 300k damage, sounds huge? No, because enemies will have 2 milions of health. The game won't have a PvP mode so it will quickly die out. The Division has a PvP and is stable although barren, Ghost Recon: Wildlands became destitute of players so Ubi slapped poor PvP mode to keep their players attached to have their "games as service" running (because you can't provide service to a game dead after a year, since CO-OP gets stale, with Wildlands little over a year of debut).

This game will probably be better than Destiny 2, worse than Destiny 1 / Warframe. Mediocre, done correctly but with no personality. Typical AAA product to snatch money from looter-shooter branch.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Anyone lucky enough to get into the alpha AND connected? Been trying to get on a sever for half an hour but it's the Error 37 shit all over again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom