Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ANTHEM - failed Destiny clone from BioWare

J1M

Arcane
There's a real disconnect between flying robot suits and the weapons casting frost nova.

Frozen

Arcane
That "ash titan" is literally copy-pasted giant from Inquisition lmfao

Good old BioWare...boss fight =bullet sponge bonanza.

Loostreaks

Learned
+ Flying and animation are excellent, smooth and responsive, but suit really feels like it has weight to it
+ World/visuals are gorgeous and encourages clever use of it for traversal

+/- Shooting is...ok? Not the worst, but lack real 'punch' to it
+/- Too flashy, visual effects are over the top and distract instead ( similar to Inquisition)

- Art is all over the place..like modern sci fi+medieval+cyberpunk mashed together. No real sense of identity.
- Weak AI/bullet sponges
- MMO design/icons really ruin immersion here. It's somehow even worse than cartoonish Borderlands/Destiny
- Music is completely bland/unrecognizable
- Facial animations, dialogue and NPCs is Andromeda quality, sidequests are bare bones, AI companion ( voice) is annoying
- Hub is lifeless with static NPCs

Space Nugget

Can't wait for this game to...

...crash and burn like the rusty, unreliable and defective Javellin exosuit that BioWare is.
:incline:

Big Wrangle

Huh, the hub is probably the most interesting part of the game.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Huh, the hub is probably the most interesting part of the game.

Which is very telling. Sure, you could make an argument Bioware hasn't really revealed much about it to keep spoilers under wraps, but I kinda doubt that. Makes no sense when you consider Anthem is not really aimed at what is perceived as Bioware's "traditional audience". Whether you subscribe to old CRPG fans or "how does Tali's sweat taste?" degeneracy.

tritosine2k

Erudite
Low effort, order 1886 looks worlds better, hub vs. hub even Rage looks worlds better. It's so low effort they nicked borderlands knoxx dlc radio chatter 1:1 , no less. Ugh.

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
On one hand, Anthem is a sensible choice by neo-Bioware, as the co-op multiplayer components of their recent popamole games have been consistently enjoyable. On the other, I'm not sure BioWare jumped into this fully aware that making a full-blown game in this vein (as opposed to a multiplayer component of an eminently single player experience) means competing with Destiny, The Division 2 etc. The scale is not the same, nor are the measures of success. Even years after the reveal it's obvious Anthem has nothing to differentiate it from the big games in this space. It'll release to positive reviews, mild success and kill Bioware off for good. Looking forward to it.

Frusciante

Cipher
Project: Eternity
I hate that mention of ''alpha'' gameplay. Game is releasing in 4 weeks, yeah right that this is still in alpha.

User was nabbed fit

I bought one of NVIDIA's latest RTX cards, because fuck you I can use my shekels for whatever I want.

Now I get to choose between a free copy of Genderfield 5 or Anthem.

Which shit sandwich would you go for, Codex?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I bought one of NVIDIA's latest RTX cards, because fuck you I can use my shekels for whatever I want.

Now I get to choose between a free copy of Genderfield 5 or Anthem.

Which shit sandwich would you go for, Codex?
Geneforge 5 :obviously:.

If it was me,i wouldn't have taken either one. Both of them are total shit! Just leave them as a change to the guy that sold/deliver you the card.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Battlefield is already having a fire sale, Anthem should be full-price at least for 1 week or so after launch.

User was nabbed fit

Anthem and sell the code asap.

I'd love to but apparently NVIDIA's redemption site detects whether you have an RTX card or not. It won't redeem it to your Origin account (which you need to link) unless you have one.

Jew level: 100

Reinhardt

Arcane
Say you will take Grimoire. I doubt they will give it to you but at least they will see you have good taste.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom