Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ANTHEM - failed Destiny clone from BioWare

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
FREE to play. Free. As in FREEEEE. C’mon G.
There are no mistakes. Only lies, deceit and incapable developers! :lol:

Meanwhile, the game remains fun to play every now and again.
If all your complaints are as small as the G-Man's, you know you got a pretty solid game on your hands.

Oh.... wait, shouldn't we be talking about Anthem here?
Huh... *shrugs*

Gerrard

Arcane
That video is way too long, you can just read the two posts on the first page of the thread in 5 minutes and get your load of tranny insanity.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Starting to wonder if all devs hire from the same pool of community managers. How can this keep repeating?

I'm going by the assumption that the devs are mostly normal, since they time after time actually fire these crazy people.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Starting to wonder if all devs hire from the same pool of community managers. How can this keep repeating?

I'm going by the assumption that the devs are mostly normal, since they time after time actually fire these crazy people.
Nah,all companies hire from the same pool of retarded cunts for HR and PR. Both of those field are dominated by retarded cunts that couldn't wipe their asses without a guide. In every firm is the same. Man do the important shit,then women kill the customer base,and all ends up in flames in a decade time.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You would think someone looked at these smoldering ruins of other communities and think - maybe we will do it different.

You are probably correct though, since I read that Dana character got hired, and she was the disaster behind the semi-new Mega man community.

Gerrard

Arcane
The same kind of people always go for those positions because it's the only chance they will ever have in their lives to actually have any power over other people. Also because they are actual nazis with no self awareness.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
You would think someone looked at these smoldering ruins of other communities and think - maybe we will do it different.

You are probably correct though, since I read that Dana character got hired, and she was the disaster behind the semi-new Mega man community.
It is mainly women shit mate,they are strange illogical feelz based creatures that can't see reason even when their life depends on it. Women do have strong maternal instinct,and when they reach certain age and are alone without much hope for having a kid......well it turns in in to bile. Most likely they see all those minorities and degenerates as subsidiary for the kid they can't get. Ahhh it is really weird shit,in the end the fault lies with us,men,for not taking care of our women and letting them be too free and become such creatures.

Gerrard

Arcane
This guy actually has some good stuff.

Best dev 2018 by the way.
Oh but don't mind me, I'm clearly just a hater with a bone to pick with them.

Lazing Dirk

Arcane
It does look a lot like Warframe, but there seems to be a certain something missing...

d9igqu2-10f504ed-502a-47bd-a609-963b579d9e45.jpg

warframe_valkyr_by_woodvile_d7bxbs4-pre.jpg

Also EA just fucked its own release in the arse by releasing Apex. Who's gonna give a shit about Anthem now? It was already bland beforehand, let alone with fresh competition.

Gerrard

Arcane
Apex is the most generic game released in the last 12 months. And then you say Anthem is bland?

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Also EA just fucked its own release in the arse by releasing Apex. Who's gonna give a shit about Anthem now? It was already bland beforehand, let alone with fresh competition.
That's also something that I find extremely weird.
It's like they want the game to fail, probably to get rid of the studio I assume?

There's just no other reason to release two so similar games competing for pretty much the same audience at the same time.

Nirvash

Liturgist
Apex is getting pushed VERY hard as a cushion for the bad financial report and anthem bad reception. (they bribed nearly ALL the top streamers)

EA ain't stupid, they know anthem will crash and burn.
Battlefront lootboxes disaster utterly destroyed all their gameplay/monetization model and the market for multi pve fps is saturated and in decline.

Mustawd

From what I hear about Apex is that it’s gaining traction due to:

1.) F2P model that feels fair with regular power ups. And you can also craft some of the items thst you can buy. So it doesn’t feel like a super grind.
2.) Intuitive UI system
3.) No voice chat and instead it uses a ping system to communicate with players

So the game seems like a p. good F2P game. And it shows what happens when EA is not directly involved in development.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Isn't Apex and Anthem kinda different genre though?

Apex is a battle royale with heroes power right? Some sort of TF2/Overwatch and Fortinite combo?

Meanwhile, Anthem is more of Warframe/Destiny experience.

That said, yeah Anthem is not received well even by mainstream gaming so I doubt EA has any hope of it being a success.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Both are still MMO squad+hero based fps, and one is free.
Gameplay is a huge overlap.

Thing is, both are different genres even though they are similar in a nutshell.

I enjoyed Warframe greatly while having 0 interest in Battle Royale genre, hero power or not.

Not saying that Anthem will be successful because of that, but the failing of Anthem will not be caused by Apex being similar to it on the basic level.

Angthoron

Arcane
Both are still MMO squad+hero based fps, and one is free.
Gameplay is a huge overlap.

Thing is, both are different genres even though they are similar in a nutshell.

I enjoyed Warframe greatly while having 0 interest in Battle Royale genre, hero power or not.

Not saying that Anthem will be successful because of that, but the failing of Anthem will not be caused by Apex being similar to it on the basic level.
Genre distinctions are quite blurred these days. It's basically a "Shooty game with friends" for the mass consumer. Yeah, it's not a full overlap, of course, but it's major enough to cause issues. And let's not forget other publishers making the same mistake before - stuff like HL2 and VtM: Bloodlines launching on the same day because lol they're different genres, and how well that reflected on Bloodlines' sales (yes, this was actually in their postmortem).

One's a well-received flavor of the month game, the other was a poorly received beta launch with access table that's apparently gotten memed out, same publisher. Why the fuck would someone buy at launch or preorder when they can play for free for now, and then wait til the price point on Anthem drops to 50% or whatever, and buy in then? As an added bonus, it might actually be fully patched by then!

So yeah, definitely a case of shooting their own sales in the foot right there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom