Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ANTHEM - failed Destiny clone from BioWare

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
He got banned for using exploits

How is that an exploit?
Do you seriously think he got banned for farming? He got banned for using an exploit that allowed you to respawn chests in an instance dungeon. And he was doing it on stream. He's a fucking idiot and got what he deserved.

Looks like all the streams where he played Anthem are gone from his Twitch in "Past broadcasts".
How convenient.
You are a bona fide retard,that is like taking someone's sandwich midway eating because you put an extra salami. It is a fucking retarded single player with friends kind of game. You must be retarded for thinking that people should be banned for doing something in the game! Go and jump off a cliff and stop wasting resources!

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
He got banned for using exploits, and like every cheater he's crying that he didnu nuffin and uses his retarded fanboys to stir up shit. Good fucking riddance.
He REPORTED that glitch and biowholres were too busy to fix it.

Now, let's remember how other companies handled similar situation
Dying Light - zombie famring - devs fixed grotto exploit and made zombies earn yuo 0 exp. PLUS added an achievement for killing 100 zombies there and addded a weapon that stated that you are a dirty cheater.
Destiny - devs fixed it and aaded an easter egg
D0t6d0PX4AASnTg.jpg:large

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Witcher 3. If you used exploits then there will be a tax collector annoying you about your suspicious income. And if you answer that you got it legally he'll give you "lawful taxpayer" award

Heretic

Cipher
:lol::lol::lol:
The retards banned an authistic streamer for grinding in the game.
He got banned for using exploits, and like every cheater he's crying that he didnu nuffin and uses his retarded fanboys to stir up shit. Good fucking riddance.

60 dorra down the toilet for taking advantage of Bioware's own glitch.

Triple A gaming, lmao.
>b-b-but big bad bioware forced me into using the exploit it's their fault
I see we have one of those retards here.
The crying cheater harming poor Boiware PVE economy by exploiting their own bugs and incompetency...

Oh, what's this?

He's going to get unbanned?
Biware, don't unban this cheater

You are all retards here, I will not play with you anymore
1y1b3y.jpg

Gerrard

Arcane
He REPORTED that glitch and biowholres were too busy to fix it.
And then he kept doing it. Indeed there is no cure for being retarded.

Now, let's remember how other companies handled similar situation
Dying Light - zombie famring - devs fixed grotto exploit and made zombies earn yuo 0 exp. PLUS added an achievement for killing 100 zombies there and addded a weapon that stated that you are a dirty cheater.
Destiny - devs fixed it and aaded an easter egg
Other devs are a bunch of cucks afraid to enforce their own rules so everyone else should be too. Since when is Dying Light an online game?

He got banned for using an exploit that allowed you to respawn chests in an instance dungeon.
But you have limit on carried loot and don't even know what you got until end of the mission?
I don't know what the limit is, but they didn't pick up everything.

Freddie

Savant
What kind of idiot decided to remove this.
The slime that killed ME games and biowaste as a whole.

mass-effect-3-casey-hudson.jpg
Don't forget Mac Walters. Scribbled the me3 ending on a napkin and shoved it into the game. What a pro!
Don't insult napkin writings,one of the best literature is written on napkins. Mac Walters is far beneath napkins,most likely he saw a three colours of shit and decided this to be the ending. And to be honest here,the whole mass effect 3 was shit. I was super hyped for it,even was thinking of buying it while refreshing the torrent sites. Once i begun playing it,i was praying to end faster,it is colossal shit!
That is why i really hate those two faggots,the man behind the first two game was Drew Karpyshyn. Those two decided to lick some exect's ass and get rid of him so they could get all the laurels. I really hate such conniving pieces of shit like those two! I am really happy that he managed to fuck anthem that much,for fuck sake the game would have come out better without a biowaste director :).
Do you know, I mean really know it was those two? Walters appears to be very clear case, but I don't know what was Hudson's role and how much he did have real power to make decisions.

Because what I read was that during ME2 (pre?) prodution nobody in the team felt Karpyshyn dark energy plot was strong enough for end game (though it got used in the end, haha.). Mac Walters become lead writer for ME2. In ME2 some Karpyshyn's work related to that is remained, think of quest with Quarian.. Tali, where she explains about her mission to collect data of dark energy.

It's quite interesting because E'Toile who were in team since ME1 and had Geth menacing and his vision regarding AI in general was quite mature. He also run into wall but it happened during ME2. Some may say his contributions were no longer appreciated. So for what comes to world building and design two strong writers were out before ME3 went to production.

I think it might have happened that Hudson become total sell out after EA bought BW, but I'm not really in the know.

I'm sure Frostbite 3 is not the most fun platform to create for, but it's a stretch to blame it in any way, shape or form, for the situation Bioware finds itself in.

Braindrain, diversity hires, nepotism, corporate goals, general incompetence and lack of leadership are things which actually cause such a massive decline. Frostbite 3 is an issue which can be overcome, if it is an issue at all.
Yeah... BW graphics department weren't their strongest suite even when they were using Unreal.

- There were lot of junk on ME1 disc left behind because graphics guys didn't knew how to delete asset files. Decision to use the same structures over and over may stem from that they couldn't figure out where all their media (disc space) budget was going
- ME1 statues were actually original design for Protheans. Javik was something different because graphics guys couldn't figure out how to animate tentacles of original design
- Short corridors in ME2 were blamed for console limitations, though some may say poor optimisation
- There were supposed to be another Reaper unit (shown in ME3 CE prequel comic). Didn't happen because graphics department couldn't animate it
- Many quite empty sequences through ME3 because of...

They were pretty good creating environments and really good at making cut scenes though.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Do you know, I mean really know it was those two? Walters appears to be very clear case, but I don't know what was Hudson's role and how much he did have real power to make decisions.

Because what I read was that during ME2 (pre?) prodution nobody in the team felt Karpyshyn dark energy plot was strong enough for end game (though it got used in the end, haha.). Mac Walters become lead writer for ME2. In ME2 some Karpyshyn's work related to that is remained, think of quest with Quarian.. Tali, where she explains about her mission to collect data of dark energy.

It's quite interesting because E'Toile who were in team since ME1 and had Geth menacing and his vision regarding AI in general was quite mature. He also run into wall but it happened during ME2. Some may say his contributions were no longer appreciated. So for what comes to world building and design two strong writers were out before ME3 went to production.

I think it might have happened that Hudson become total sell out after EA bought BW, but I'm not really in the know.
Ohhh i know nothing for certainty,it is just educated assumptions. I am not saying that those people were not responsible for me2 being good,i am arguing that hudson and walters are incompetent ass lickers that managed to kill the franchise. It is natural for incompetent slimes like hudson to usurp power trough fake drama,pitting bosses against their creative people. It always ends the same way,they are good for nothing and when they get the position they burn everything to the ground. The faggot hasn't made a good game in his whole life,same with walters.

Vatnik Wumao
Bioware has been dead for a long time. They have just been kept shambling about by EA since DAI made a fuck ton of money because of fanbois and before everyone realized that it was a shitty product. EA has been trying to repeat the "success" but everyone has looked behind the curtain and seen Bioware for the charade that it is.

Artyoan

Arbiter
Apparently Anthem has been causing a sudden shutdown of some people's consoles ever since the beta. Like the power is yanked out. Seems to happen when turning the game off usually but sometimes while playing.

It's actually bricking some PS4's. Sony is aware and is issuing refunds for the game. Bioware hasn't said anything as far as I know.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
so this game is bricking consoles now
https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGame/comments/ax246k/psa_to_playstation_anthem_players/

PSA to any Anthem players on Playstation that experience complete shut downs of their consoles: STOP PLAYING! Before I start I want to say that I love Anthem (I have criticized the game before but I genuinely enjoy playing it). I also own Anthem on both Xbox one and playstation 4 (Colossus main on Xbox and Interceptor on Playstation). No other game causes my playstation to randomly turn off while playing.

My playstation has been completely bricked to the point of not even turning on because of Anthem. I'm not looking for any sympathy or anything. This post is mainly being made to warn people that this could potentially damage your console to the dreaded point of no return. I've been talking on the phone with Playstation support for a little over 2 hours now,but unfortunately theres nothing they can do (or nothing they're willing to do). At this point I dont know if I'm going to continue playing on Xbox one (haven't had any problems with the console shutting down while playing but problems may arrive in the future) or to stop playing all together until Bioware addresses this issue.
:lol::lol:

Angthoron

Arcane
Mass effect 2 was the last truly great game bioware developed, and I suspect the last.

LOL ME2 was average at (very) best and somehow worse than the generic DA1. Its better than the stuff that came after but that's not much praise.
Hot take: I liked ME2 more than DA: O. DA: O managed to disappoint me in the first half an hour of playing it and never really made up for it. How did it do that?

Well, it did it by promising exploration. Because it did that, and because the game lied to me about rogue being able to access unique/hidden/locked areas, the stupid me made a rogue. I recall there were a few other reasons I made one, like no recruitable NPCs being rogues? And I also like playing rogues, so whatever. Anyway! I start picking locks left and right, oh, here's a locked door in my family keep (btw, I'm the heir to this keep, and I don't have keys to every door? As a rogue? Well okay), oh, wow, it's a 2x2 closet, and what's in it? A chest! Which is also locked. Mmm, maybe it's got a cool dagger to reward my thirst for exploration, cool, let's pick that lock too.

Oh fuck you, 3 gold and a fucking carrot? Shove that carrot up your ass, BioWare.

Pedestrian writing, purely BioWarian character motivations, dumb plot, dumb everything, absolutely formulaic side-characters (Hi Karth/Anomen...) AND an introduction of wave-based combat. Adds spawning in randomly instead of visibly standing there, which also fucks with party formations. I could go on. It's a pretty mediocre game masquerading as a good game by virtue of no other similar game coming out at the time.

At least ME2 pretty much stopped pretending to be an RPG and went for being an action-adventure with stats and did it in a relatively entertaining way.

Angthoron

Arcane
PSA to any Anthem players on Playstation that experience complete shut downs of their consoles: STOP PLAYING! Before I start I want to say that I love Anthem (I have criticized the game before but I genuinely enjoy playing it). I also own Anthem on both Xbox one and playstation 4 (Colossus main on Xbox and Interceptor on Playstation). No other game causes my playstation to randomly turn off while playing.

Why the fuck tho

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
God damn, but I hate reddit. On here or on /v/ if I want to call the developers, the game or anything I wish shit or gay, I can do that. On reddit? Unless I want downvotes and no one to see my post I have to remark 10 times how much I love the game, love the devs, love what they have made and how long I have played it. If I don't remark how much I love it with the mildest negative comment, you will get called a hater or a troll, get banned and downvoted. You can see this in the same post in the first fucking line.
Before I start I want to say that I love Anthem (I have criticized the game before but I genuinely enjoy playing it).

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Why the fuck tho
because

Codex Year of the Donut
God damn, but I hate reddit. On here or on /v/ if I want to call the developers, the game or anything I wish shit or gay, I can do that. On reddit? Unless I want downvotes and no one to see my post I have to remark 10 times how much I love the game, love the devs, love what they have made and how long I have played it. If I don't remark how much I love it with the mildest negative comment, you will get called a hater or a troll, get banned and downvoted. You can see this in the same post in the first fucking line.
Before I start I want to say that I love Anthem (I have criticized the game before but I genuinely enjoy playing it).
reddit made widespread censorship acceptable

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So...

Not only are you at risk of getting banned from your 60 euro purchase, it will eventually destroy your console.

:shredder:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom