Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

ANTHEM - failed Destiny clone from BioWare

Discussion in 'MMO(RP)G / Online Discussion' started by Infinitron, Mar 21, 2016.

Tags:
  1. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    typo, thanks

^ Top  
  2. Myobi Learned

Myobi
    Are there any news on the supposed remake-jesus-path or this thing is really fucking dead ?

• Funny Funny x 2
    ^ Top  
  3. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    Any money spent on Anthem would be a waste. Better off using it on SWTOR at this point, at least it has a huge name backing it.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Morgoth Arcane Patron

Morgoth
    https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...orking-on-a-substantial-reinvention-of-anthem

• Funny x 6
    • meh x 3
    • Fabulously Optimistic x 3
    • honk honk! x 2
    • not sure if serious x 1
    • incline x 1
    • Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Rahdulan Arcane Patron

Rahdulan
    That's great. Except it also reads "game is in maintenance mode until we launch this major update and we're not telling you when".

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. samuraigaiden Learned

samuraigaiden
    The "substantial reinvention" will be called Anthem 2 and will cost 60 dollars.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • gimme dem dolla bills gimme dem dolla bills x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    https://blog.bioware.com/2020/02/10/anthem-update-february-10/

• Funny Funny x 4
    • No No x 1
    • honk honk! honk honk! x 1
    • Nuke it from orbit Nuke it from orbit x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Morgoth Arcane Patron

Morgoth
    Nice way to recoup some of the cost - as Xbox Series/PS5 "Definitive Edition" alongside it's weaker but free "Infinite Loading Edition" upgrade for Xbone/PS4 owners.

But hey, why not. I got to play the Beta, and the gameplay loop was there. If they can refine this and make everything else around it (aka the game) less shit, I'd give it a chance... maybe.

• decline decline x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Alexander DeLarge Learned

Alexander DeLarge
    Looks like my four dollar purchase will pay off... Eventually. I have my doubts whether they'll pull it off but stranger things have happened (No Man's Sky/Sea of Thieves come to mind).

• Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 2
    ^ Top  
  10. Juan_Carlo Arcane

Juan_Carlo
    The core flying and combat really are fun. The player controls well and the game world is beautiful to fly around in. It's just that the game itself sucked. A reboot could potentially be good.

• Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disgusting! Disgusting! x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Assisted Living Godzilla Arbiter

Assisted Living Godzilla
    The flight thing is funny, because that's like the big thing I keep seeing and hearing people point to as a fun aspect of the game...usually the most fun, but it also exist outside of the core gameplay of actually shooting stuff. Hearing it was EA that made BioWare keep the flying in is pretty funny; because while it's seemingly the thing people like most, it also feels like BioWare was resentful about this and just never took the time to work shooting into it. The flying also ended up being a fairly large part of their marketing, which makes it even odder they never worked gameplay into it; it instead just being a way to get around with hovering being what you do when firing.

• retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. abija Liturgist

abija
    Sounds exactly like the shit Bethesda was telling Quake Champions players while firing Saber (the studio working on the game). They didn't release anything meaningful in more than year, just shitty shop skins.
    Or the timelines from Lawlbreakers.

LE: dully noted, this quake is not worth an acronym

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Assisted Living Godzilla Arbiter

Assisted Living Godzilla
    You can't just pull out random acronyms. Was like: QC, what the fuck is QC?

I forgot Quake Champions was even a thing.

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)