Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Any chance of seeing darghul before christmas?

Igor

Novice
Well? Is there? Because christmas break is coming up and i wanna play darghul. If it won't be finished in time for christmas, how about you release a beta version or a demo or something to keep us occupied?

Anonymous

Haha, yeah that would be SWEET! Although I don't think it will be anywhere near ready for christmas. It hasn't sounded like it anyway Nice to see another fellow Swede enjoying this great game! :)

Igor

Novice
I got the opposite impression. To me it sounds like the game is very near completion, because he first said he would be releasing it in december of LAST year (2004), and then 2 months ago he said it would be done in about 6-8 weeks. So i'm hoping it's really close to completion.

Wolf Mittag

Wolf Mittag Software Development
Developer
Hello Igor, hi Cedric,

well, it's both almost complete (in all major aspects) and still more or less incomplete (in countless small aspects).

My original plan had been to simply move the old MSDOS version's dialogues to the Teudogar engine, and recreate the basic game world. However, I'd finally decided to do a huge deal more. It's really become more a less a completely new game with countless new features.

All of the basics are complete, engine as well as most of the game world, dialogs, etc, and you can actually already play through the plot from start til end.
However, the whole thing is horribly complex, with lots and lots of details. So there remain many small things that still need to be finished, finalized, fixed, cleaned up etc, as well as a few still-empty dungeons, some not-yet-implemented spells, and so on.

Nothing major; but lots of small stuff. Too much work still to be done, and I have far too little time to do all of it quickly enough. Consequently, it won't be Xmas 2005, but rather something like first half of 2006 (sigh). (I recently updated the website).

On the positive site, it's becoming quite a good game. Apart from the main features, you can now actually use nearly every object you can see within the game world, you can produce lots of things, plus you can also do up houses (cleaning up garbage, placing wall hangings, rugs etc), e.g., take possession of some old ruin and turn it into your luxurious headquarters. I've also done quite a lot regarding magic and other fantasy stuff. And of course the user interface has gotten a great deal more convenient.

But I still need some time to finish it. (As to pre-releasing a beta, well, not yet, but I definitely will do this as soon as I can; after all, I urgently need your feedback.) (For a notification service, go to http://www.teudogar.com/email.htm, enter something like "notify me when darghul/darghul beta version is released", plus your email address.)

Sorry for those delays, and thank you for your continued interest in this project!

Anonymous

I would prefer a completely finished and polished game over an unfinshed buggy game anyday. Thanks for all your work, I know that this will end up as a wonderful game that I'll enjoy for months.

Anonymous

This might have been answered before but was there any combat improvements? I think the only weak area of Teudogar was the combat.

Of course, I like creating my own parties but that doesn't seem to be what your games are about, so combat might be the only thing i can ask for.

Anonymous

I read that thread, I can't believe I forgot all ready. I'm more retarded than I get credit for I guess

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom