Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Any decent mainstream gaming web?

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So after Eurogamer revealed itself to be an SJW swamp with their retarded Kingdom Come: Deliverance review I removed it from my prestigious bookmark tab.

Unfortunately it was the only mainstream gaming page I was still following and now I got nothing. Codex is obviously a robust news source but I could do with an alternative source, in a more popamole format. Sometimes I just want to look over the headlines and that's it.

Any good ones out there? I find it hard to find something not reeking of dorritos with glowing reviews of AAA dogvomit full of MTX and lootboxes like IGN or Gamespot on one hand and not being a SJW soul asylum like Giantbomb, RPS, Kotaku or Polygon on the other. Something normal, abundantly updated daily, with reasonably prestigious views on games.

Tips? Thanks.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Is RPS really that bad, tho?

if you're just looking for gaming news, most sites will do, actual reviews? just watch youtube videoes, lots of great reviewers there.

I like Destructoid alot tho

Kitchen Utensil

None that I know of. The problem doesn't just present itself with gaming by the way.
Simply keep in mind that most journalists are complete retards and draw your own conclusions; then you should be fine staying with eurogamer (or pretty much any other site for that matter). Unless it becomes a problem for your blood pressure.

A site with a layout like that is completely worthless. Unusable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ocelot

Learned
None. All reviewers have their own personal opinions and some of them have different opinions than yours. maybe grow a thicker skin instead.

I read the review out of curiosity and the reviewer seems to want more representation etc etc. It's true that not being inclusive enough these days as a developer makes you eligible for crucifixion. Even historical games are expected to be inclusive enough for everyone, something that isn't always possible if you aim for realism. The review isn't bad but her complains about inclusiveness in a medieval game that is supposed to be realistic are wrong in my opinion.

While I disagree with the reviewer's opinion on that topic, I am not going to remove the entire fucking website from my bookmarks because my skin is more than an atom thick.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
No, there's nothing left. :negative:

Hardcoregaming is good but it's far from the general all-purpose site I'm looking for.

I don't like Destructoid either, it's too....bloggy I guess. The Eurogamer format was perfect for me - full interviews, essays, tech comparisons and short reports and heads-ups mixed together. Too bad everyone is a fucking SJW spouting cuck now.

Mark Richard

Arcane
Not really. The gaming press hail from the same places and spout the same opinions using the same mannerisms and terminology, becoming as decadent and homogenised as the industry they're based on. One mainstream news source is as good as another.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I use "https://www.gamepressure.com/" to see what is comming up,they do have pretty good catalogue and their walktroughs are not that bad. The have a news section or something similar,but i don't care about such things,therefore i don't have any idea if it is ok. You can try it out.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
"This guy said something I disagree with, I cannot go on that website anymore, it hurted me a lot and therefore all of their points are invalid.".

Bury yourself into a bunker and never get out. That's one way to solve it.

I read all kind of websites, some of these have pro-sjw views that you can spot in a couple of articles of paragraphs. Who gives a shit ? Shrug it off, and ignore it. The rest of their points might be valid. You don't need to be a liberal or a conservative to appreciate the bugginess of a game and the value of its gameplay.

mastroego

Arcane
"This guy said something I disagree with, I cannot go on that website anymore, it hurted me a lot and therefore all of their points are invalid.".

I read all kind of websites, some of these have pro-sjw views that you can spot in a couple of articles of paragraphs. Who gives a shit ? Shrug it off, and ignore it. The rest of their points might be valid. You don't need to be a liberal or a conservative to appreciate the bugginess of a game and the value of its gameplay.

Dude, we've been subjected to the left-winged loudness for most of our lives, if not the entirety of them.
I used to serenely watch Hollywood movies and read news/reviews sites regardless, filtering things on my own.

I case you haven't noticed though the left winged madness has gone into crazed overdrive recently, along with its desire to censor, vilify and annihilate any and all differing voices.
I'm simply not going to bear their drivel any longer, but feel free to keep enjoying it for as long as you like if you're so inclined.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015

Dude, we've been subjected to the left-winged loudness for most of our lives, if not the entirety of them.
I used to serenely watch Hollywood movies and read news/reviews sites regardless, filtering things on my own.

I case you haven't noticed though the left winged madness has gone into crazed overdrive recently, along with its desire to censor, vilify and annihilate any and all differing voices.
I'm simply not going to bear their drivel any longer, but feel free to keep enjoying it for as long as you like if you're so inclined.

I'm subject to far-right, racist views whenever I log in in this forum. I still post there without crying. Looks like you can't.

Grow balls. Accept contradiction.

mastroego

Arcane
You can't possibly be serious.
I had to go through School, University, all the rest of the Internet and life in general staying silent while leftists kept lecturing everything and everyone along the way.
The Codex is literally the only place I know where one can express right-wing opinions freely.
That's the only reason it attracts more conservative types than progressive ones: those can just talk and rant literally EVERYWHERE ELSE with no fear of being banned, silenced, fired from work and all that shit.

mastroego

Arcane
I'm subject to far-right, racist views whenever I log in in this forum. I still post there without crying. Looks like you can't.

And by the way, I've tried to debate with leftists (VERY CIVILLY) in countless other places.
They just wouldn't let me, I've been banned everywhere.
Never been a matter of my "balls".
It's leftists who fear confrontation (perhaps with a few exceptions such as yourself).

Ocelot

Learned
You can't possibly be serious.
I had to go through School, University, all the rest of the Internet and life in general staying silent while leftists kept lecturing everything and everyone along the way.
The Codex is literally the only place I know where one can express right-wing opinions freely.
That's the only reason it attracts more conservative types than progressive ones: those can just talk and rant literally EVERYWHERE ELSE with no fear of being banned, silenced, fired from work and all that shit.

Boo hoo. You sound exactly like the leftists you dislike so much. Same persecution complex.

And by the way, I've tried to debate with leftists (VERY CIVILLY) in countless other places.
They just wouldn't let me, I've been banned everywhere.
Never been a matter of my "balls".
It's leftists who fear confrontation (perhaps with a few exceptions such as yourself).

Are you sure it's leftists being afraid of confrontations and not you bringing politics to the wrong place like you do at this very moment?

mastroego

Arcane
It's literally the thread's topic I'm commenting on, genius.
Read the OP again.

And yes I'm sure otherwise.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

A dumb forum vs. a professional media outlet. That's your analogy?

I'm doing what the SJWs are doing - boycotting. I'm sure it's just as futile on my part but hey, at least I feel good. I was reading Eurogamer for years, despite the occasional retardery but you gotta draw the line somewhere. Their KCD review was akin to a mildly centrist outlet suddenly stating that all the fucking nigger monkeys should pack up and gtfo from the US, it was that shocking for me. It was a crazy spike in political dumbfuckery.

They were universally panned by other outlets (which is pretty rare, journos usually don't comment on other journos), developers, vast majority of their readers and personas like TotalBiscuit. So they either epically failed at their editorial professionalism or they decided they're gonna compete with Polygon and Kotaku. Good luck with both.

Walden

Savant
mastroego
Probably you have retarded or unclever alt right opinions supported by nothing more than average logic and cheap tavern Bergamo talks that still stinks of sharecropper's manure.
"Stop the invasions!! SJW!! Salvini/Le Pen etc.."
"You dirty racist, how dare you!!"
You are by a mere chance a whining alt right and not a leftist.

That said, a total coverage on a single website is impossible, I have to rummage for between twitter/codex/reddit/youtube to find some news, but for some decent opinions I prefer the codex by far. I regret only the excessive and redundant sjw crap, just because I have to skip some pages of obviousness and shit to actually read something game related, but it's a good compromise, since either you have right or left wing low IQ shit to spread on the internet, here on codex they're both accepted.

PrettyDeadman

Reddit.
Most of worthwile news about *current_year* events will end up there within 1-2 hours of their initial publication.
For information about more obscure topics you can check rpgcodex.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom