Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Any fans of LBA/Twinsen around?

• Thread starter Deleted member 11480
  • Start date

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
I remember playing LBA2 veeeeery long ago, when I was a kid. I remember the controls were terrible and I had no idea what I was doing, but I had much fun for some reason.

reminds me that I got it on gawg some time ago for refreshment purposes, but still haven't installed it

perhaps it's high time
I have exactly the same memories. I got the game when I was, I don't know, 10? I was out of my depth most of the time and couldn't really pass through any of the action sequences, so I never, for example, managed to rescue the lighthouse keeper. Then again, I kinda broke the game - somehow got to the second island during the storm and then brute-forced through the school of magic to the alien planet. I even managed to return back, but was too creeped out by the alien enemies (and again, the action sequences gave me too much trouble).

I tried to replay the game a couple of years ago, but couldn't get it to run through DosBox properly.

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
These games left a huge impression on my childhood. I played a little of the frist one, without sound, on the school computers when i was 10. I bought LBA2 a year before and it spoiled me forever. At first i didn't like the models because they seemed a bit childish (the giant rats and elephants and so on) but they quickly grew on me.

I want to type more about it but i am at work. Will revisite this thread, soon.

The Decline

Arcane
I remember going to this hole in the wall software store and buying the first game and the cd version of System Shock. Great fucking day.

Dreed

Bremsstrahlunged
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
:necro:

There's currently a kickstarter going on for a symphonic suite based on the soundtrack of the games by the original composer:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom