Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Any good Rogue-like (Rogue-like) games with good graphics?

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
I want to find games with good graphics and also rogue-likes/rogue-lights.

With "realistic" graphics if possible, but at least none of this "pixel'-type shit i see in most of such games.

925583_99992_front.jpg

220px-ToeJam_%26_Earl.png

:troll:

Last edited:

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Yes, games like Darkest Dungeon.

No "pixel" shit (why almost everyone use it? they think its cool?). Great graphics and great gameplay.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
EDIT : No, must be Tangledeep in fact now that I think about it, I've not played it though'.
I've been playing it a bit recently.
It's sort of grindy and JRPG-ish. There's linear dungeon from where you teleport to starting hub from time to time.
Very limited number of active inventory slots (offhand slot, which may be taken by 2-handed weapon, armour, 2 accessory slots and emblem slot (haven't found any of those yet), but lots of skills and items for active use.
Also side activities such as pet capturing, garden keeping etc.

Still sort of enjoyable game.

Has anyone played Deep Sky Derelicts?
It sort of takes inspiration from Darkest Dungeon and seems to have nice comic book styled graphics.
It's in early access though.

Cael

Arcane
Go to Kongregate and type in rogue-like in the search bar there.

Maelflux

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yeah that second one.

Tangleedeep looks good despite anime (why?) and pixel (why?) things.
I just played it a bit this week, trying to scratch a roguelike itch. I find it extremely boring, unfortunately. Same with Deep Sky Derelicts, which I refunded as that was even worse.
Instead I will check out the games you mentioned above :)

My personal favorite is TOME, though I have played it so much that I need a break from that now.

Slay the Spire might be something you would like, despite it not fitting all your criterias?!

Maelflux

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Addendum:

I also found Dungeonmans to be quite fun! It is somewhat similar to Tangledeep on many points, but just seemed a lot more fun and challenging!

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
There's also Sproggiwood from developers of Caves of Qud.

I usually would recommend CoQ, but that's probably wasted here.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom