Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Any good Rogue-like (Rogue-like) games with good graphics?

vonAchdorf

Arcane
The Elder Scrolls: Blades

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Yeah that second one.

Tangleedeep looks good despite anime (why?) and pixel (why?) things.
I just played it a bit this week, trying to scratch a roguelike itch. I find it extremely boring, unfortunately. Same with Deep Sky Derelicts, which I refunded as that was even worse.
Instead I will check out the games you mentioned above :)

My personal favorite is TOME, though I have played it so much that I need a break from that now.

Slay the Spire might be something you would like, despite it not fitting all your criterias?!

TOME is good game?

I watched vid and dozens of enemies on screen and video effects confuse me.

Maelflux

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yeah that second one.

Tangleedeep looks good despite anime (why?) and pixel (why?) things.
I just played it a bit this week, trying to scratch a roguelike itch. I find it extremely boring, unfortunately. Same with Deep Sky Derelicts, which I refunded as that was even worse.
Instead I will check out the games you mentioned above :)

My personal favorite is TOME, though I have played it so much that I need a break from that now.

Slay the Spire might be something you would like, despite it not fitting all your criterias?!

TOME is good game?

I watched vid and dozens of enemies on screen and video effects confuse me.

The vids make it look way more confusing than it is (and also to show off the new content thats recently been released, etc). That's because they are showing battles with chars that have 20+ hours on them, and being used by people who have played it a lot, so everything triggers fast.

It really starts off very slow, so you can get to know your race/class and the couple of abilities you start with. And then you slowly build up, and get more and more skills/spells and fancy gear.

I have 120+ hours on it, and thats from when it went on Steam and not counting what I used on it before he moved it there.

And it is till dirtcheap for the basic game I see.

Just try a Dwarven Bulwark or Berserker, and things will progress nice and steady to let you see what is happening, and you can overcome most things to begin with :)

Alkarl

Learned
TOME is great. Has decent progression and loads of options. Doesn't ask the moral and ethical questions of "There is a hobbit corpse here, eat it? [y/n]" though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom