Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Any other good sniper simulator beside sniper elite ?

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
i bought 4 in this sale. always loved the series, especially if you play on harder difficulty.

4 is even more autistic. it have 5 firing mode with appropriate distance, so aside from approximating gravity and wind, you have calculate distance as set the scope mode to that distance so it fire as close as it can to the center of the crosshair.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Sniper Elite isn't a simulator. Dialing in scopes is something so basic that I am amazed it took them 4 games to add that in. Frankly none of the games except 4 are any good.
Arma has proper ballistics simulation, but the feedback and feel of the gun isn't satisfying. Still, you have 3 trillion mods to fuck around with.
Sniper Ghost Warrior games are a thing. Haven't the faintest of how good they are. Apparently the first and second are just linear Call of Duty campaign esque shitfests and the third is some open world thing, but apparently the enemies stop loading in after 200 metres in the third which kinda ruins the point of a sniper game.
If multiplayer is fine, almost any of the modern "realistic" multiplayer shooters like Squad, Rising Storm 2 or Post Scriptum have acceptable ballistics.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
it's less of a simulator than arma true, but it's really the only thing like that. the games have flaws but i like them. sniper ghost warrior are kinda crappy if i heard right. i just want sniping campaign. either this or the sniper level in hitman games. but hitman games dont really have ballistic simulation

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare's "All Ghillied Up" mission. But that's it. Don't play the rest of the game.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
The sniper ghost warrior games have pretty "realistic-ish" mechanics on high difficulties, but be warned everything else about them sucks.

Black Angel

Arcane
New Vegas lul, since I can't stand using any of the automatic weapons so I got so used to using scoped weapons like Varmint Rifle and using it like sniper rifles, and also actual sniper rifles most of the time.

Konjad

⛏
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
ArmA 3 (but you might also want to give a try ArmA 2 and OFP).

There isn't really anything else. However, ArmA series with its bazillion mods has everything you need, except polish and decent AI.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Just finished the first level of sniper elite 4.

That was pretty good. Playing on authentic is really incline. There is no UI. No radar, minimap or display objective. The map is just a plain map. Not even your character is displayed. There are multiple objectives including side goals.

The map is pretty big and each sub areas have several different way to approach, the enemy AI is decent. Like they actually take cover while approaching me. On the bridge, they would just crouch and crouch walk slowly towards me. They duck fast when i throw grenades and would scurry away if they are in groups. They would prone in bushes too. I don't think the previous games are this detailed with the AI.

The shooting feels good, especially when you already familiar with the feel and have good approximate of how the wind and falling affect bullets combined with different firing modes.

I guess my only complaint is they buffed the enemy HP, which the rifle is fine. Headshots or organ shots are always result in death. Smg and pistol is where it gets ridiculous. One enemy need 3 headshots to go down. Granted, they showed that i hit the helmet and it fly off after that 2 shot, ans got his head rhe third time.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Just finished the first level of sniper elite 4.
It gets better, yet it also gets worse. The first level in the game is one of the strongest.

This type of very open and liberating level design works great though; I wish that MGS:V was more like it instead of open world.
That was pretty good. Playing on authentic is really incline.
It gets more annoying later down the line, you don't have many good ways to measure distance and wind can get really random.

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
This game is really good. I never played the previous games, but this is really unlike any other stealth games I played. Even without ballistic this would get a recommendation from me. I'd argue that ballistics are unnecessary realism, and its exclusion doesn't really affect the experience as a whole. Generally,in other stealth-based games you're encouraged to avoid killing. This would be the only one I could think of where you're encouraged to kill every hostiles on sight. (Hitman doesn't, by the way, killing generic hostiles in that series is generally undesirable) In a way it's like the Ubisoft Far Cry games, but for non-stupid people. You explore a map and massacre the enemies while keeping yourself out of sight. Unlike in Far Cry, you die quick even on normal.
Playing on authentic is really incline.
Frankly, while the AI on authentic mode is how this game should be played, and authentic gears are nice, I can live without headache 'features' like 'throwaway clip' and total lack of UI. I'd rather just set a custom mode with AI on all hardcore but turn on the quality of life features available on lower difficulties. Oh, and set the toughness a bit lower too, so the enemies die quicker.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom