Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anyone playing FFXI?

merry andrew

Erudite
I am. Are you? Either way, please tell me about it.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
I've played FF6. It's the best in the series, but that doesn't say much, does it? FF Tactics was good, but that Ogre Tactics is better.

Edit: Oh, and: no, I don't. Is that the MMO-game?

merry andrew

Erudite
Locue said:
Is that the MMO-game?
Yup.

They pretty much just make you choose a race and then you're able to play every job (class) in the game with that single character... and the party dynamics are neat... and there's a built-in translator so there isn't a total language barrier between English and Japanese players... and the players are pretty heavily involved with the economy, with auction houses as well as the ability to turn your character into a store. Oh and it's cute and everyone is generally very nice and the emotes are fun.

Kupo!

Frau Bishop

Erudite
baby arm said:
I'm embarrassed to admit I'm playing FF7 right now. Please don't laugh at me.

Laugh? I envy you. :evil:
I sold my copy (edit: meaning game.. ehm, not pirated version) together with my PS1 some time ago, and now I hate myself. A lot. And even more after I saw the Final Fantasy 7 movie, Advent Children. If you are a fan of the game, check out the movie, I for my part had a very good time with it. The soundtrack/score also is great.

Jason

chasing a bee
Don't envy me cause so far FF7 sucks ass (I'm still on disc 1). Does it get better later on? I feel obligated to play it because it's the only major pre-PS2 Square game I haven't played and it's always spoken of as if it's a major milestone. FF4, 5, and 6 were much better.
I'm looking forward to Advent Children, however, because I'm a sucker for all that CG shit.

Frau Bishop

Erudite
baby arm said:
Don't envy me cause so far FF7 sucks ass (I'm still on disc 1).

It sucks? Go, check it again.. is it the game or you?
I can´t remember much of the process, playing it nonstop (cooling times for the old ps1 included, sadly) with a friend and lots of coffein and zigs, changing the pad when one was to weak to keep on going and had to catch two hours of sleep. But I remember the whole of it as one of the best vacation times in my life. Maybe my vacations suck.. or my life. But FF7 did not suck back then.

Greatatlantic

Erudite
FF7 was the first 3d FF game, and the first one to use CGI sequences. For whatever reason, the cinematic effects won over a lot of gamers hearts, many them were probably playing their first RPG with FF7, is my impression. Beyond that, its typical JRPG. The fact the narrative has a lot holes and was sloppily translated doesn't help the game. But, if you like JRPGs this is probably one of the better ones.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
I have a hard time understanding why so many FF-fans rank #7 as the best in the series. I bet it's because of that big ass penis envy sword the spiky hair kid is waving around. Don't get me wrong, FF7 wasn't bad, but it sure as hell wasn't as good as FF6 or even that FF-game with the dark paladin dude who turns into some white paladin or something.

I'm not a fan of anime either. Or characters made out of blocks.

merry andrew

Erudite
I stopped playing already, I just couldn't keep up I guess. After my 3rd time farming so I would have enough resources to pay for my own needs as well as help out my friends, I just figured I could be playing other games. Too much of a timesink, or something.

Back to the occassional Guild Wars!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom