Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

AoD Combat Demo R3 Released

Silellak

Cipher
For those who care, but don't follow the ITS forums, R3 of the AoD Combat Demo has been released. Links are here:

http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic,1259.0.html

Here's at least some of the things that were fixed or changed for this release:

Since Release 2:
Increased the range of 2-handed spear, so noone can get close without triggering interrupt attack.
Fixed the console log description text saying that the character has dodged while knocked down.
Getting attacked by ranged opponent in diagonally adjacent square resulted in player spinning around and turning back on attacker.
Fixed: "Have a skill maxed at 300, for example, swords. Equip a sword that give a bonus, like a gladius, and it will allow you to "add" points to the skill (but in reality those points are wasted, since the skill stays at 300). It shouldn't allow you to do that."
Fixed a crash caused by starting a dialogue again (after the final conversation), then trying to load a game.
Fast and precise shots were available for crossbows with the "help" of shortcuts.
Attacks of opportunity and spear interrupts don't work through the obstacles anymore.
Made town music looping.
Fixed displaced GUI screen switching buttons (alchemy, character, etc) in the inventory screen.
Fixed a nasty TGE's bug when reloading the game could crash if you've interrupted it when particle emitters were working.
Added WASD as alternative camera controls.
Fixed accumulating criticals when a projectile gets retargeted.
Fixed: the line of fire is shown as clear when you aim, but when you fire the projectile hits a wrong target.
Stray arrows do not fly through the building walls anymore.
Fixed a crash at saving/loading screen when some savegame has too long filename (over 27 characters). Buffer overrrun . Give your saves shorter names if you're using R2.
You could escape dialogue anytime using 'I' or 'C' keys.
Changed the "To Hit Chance" formula.
Changed axes' split shields chance.
Changed throwing weapons and daggers' passive trait from "ignore armour" (DR set to 0) to "hit a weak spot" (DR is cut in half).
Aimed attacks' and passive weapon effects' descriptions in textbox do not start with "Critical Strike!" anymore.
Added an effect for critical strike + aimed torso attack combo: ignore armour completely (DR set to 0)
Minimum melee attack speed is now 2AP.
Modified ammo types effects: removed damage modifiers, added CS modifiers, tweaked DR modifiers.
Nets: added penalty to defence, doubled movement cost, changed THC formula.
Lowered Dodge counter-attack chance.
Fixed a bug which allowed you to counter-attack the character, who is normally out of your weapon range.
Fixed a mistake, when missing a knocked down character with your ranged weapon was reported as "dodge".
Now you can block/dodge only 4 attacks per turn without penalties; each subsequent attack in the same turn will be progressively harder (extra 5% bonus to THC) to block/dodge.
Fast/power attacks influence a chance to score a passive weapon effect.
Left-clicking the weapon slot shows a "chance to score a passive weapon effect" info in the textbox.
Taught AI to use nets.
Added cool items that do nothing mechanics-wise, but are still cool
Tweaked spearman AI a bit.
Added more precise collision mesh to character bodies. One of results is that you don't have to point at character's legs to loot his body any more.
Added quicksave (F5) and quickload (F9) functions.
Gave some weapons the ability to split shields.
Counter-attacks are less common with two-handed weapons.
Some weapons increase their passive effect chance.
Shields no longer give increased block, but they reduce the chance of splitting.
Made some minor changes to weapon damage.
Because of the numerous changes to item properties and game mechanics, savegames from R1 and R2 won't work anymore. The game won't let you load them.
Made combat music looping.
Fixed ranged fighters' positioning problem.
Moved configuration file from game's subfolder to My Documents\My Games\Age of Decadence, to avoid problems with filesystem permissions on Vista/Win7.

Black

Arcane
Ctrl + f "added romance options"
Nothing found
Game will flop, haven't you learned anything from da and me2?

Silellak

Cipher
tarkin said:
Vince said:
<distribution temporarily paused>

Bummer.
Yeah, myself and others discovered a fairly major issue where sometimes the AI would just...stop. So you got unlimited turns to finish the fight. It seemed to carry over between fights, too. The developer's already tracked it down with the help of some ITSers, so I imagine a fixed build will be back up shortly.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Black said:
Ctrl + f "added romance options"
Nothing found
Game will flop, haven't you learned anything from da and me2?
I doubt anyone would want a romance option in game where every character is VD.

Subtracting those that will pirate or are just semi-interested in this game I predict ~5,000 will actually buy it; wasn't that enough according to VD or was it 10,000 to regain their expenses?

Melcar

Arcane
I think the number of people buying will be a bit higher. Not as much as 10K though. I for sure won't be buying it if there is no Linux client; won't even bother not removing it from inventories to run it on WINE. I know there was a bunch of Linux users that were interested in the project early on and those people usually buy their games (don't ask me why, only Tux knows), but interest in that segment died out a bit after VD said a client is a "if we got the time" maybe. Most *nix users on ITS are dual booters, so I take it most of them would give a rat's ass about a Linux client anyway.
Maybe will try the demo so I can feel certified to bitch about the game, but that's pretty much it. When is the launch anyway? By year's end? Or did it get pushed back to Thursday?

I have zero interest in AoD's combat. It's a silly relic of the past.

I might play the full game, though, if most of the combat encounters will be optional. But then again, I highly doubt that VD can write an engaging and intriguing story. His writing style is dry as a bone.

The time will tell.

Fucking Quality Poster

Jim Cojones said:
Lebanese Warrior said:
Jim Cojones said:
Lebanese Warrior said:
Melcar said:
Does anyone care anymore?
Moi, and apparently 190,112 other people.
Fail.
Care to elaborate?
The thread informs about a number of visits every month and one person can visit forum multiple times.

Do you understand what the word 'unique' means? Do you understand it when it is used in the context of unique visits?

The only fail here is you.

Mortmal

Arcane
Droog White Smile said:
I have zero interest in AoD's combat. It's a silly relic of the past.

I might play the full game, though, if most of the combat encounters will be optional. But then again, I highly doubt that VD can write an engaging and intriguing story. His writing style is dry as a bone.

The time will tell.

Just played mass effect 2 and notice you do get "achievements" for reading the text : SCHOLAR!
If nowadays that makes me a scholar then i am definitvely a relic of the past as well, thats maybe why i am interested in this game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom