Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Aod News Main Thread

likaq

Arcane
Vince was kindly to share with us some stats from AoD greenlight:

Steam posted more stats (our data/avg top 50 games on Greenlight)

Unique visitors: 158,141 / 90,521
Favorites: 5,164 / 3,155
Followers: 4,980 / 2,950
Yes Votes: 59,385 / 37,822

60,000 yes votes. Jesus... If I had to guess, I would have said 5-8k. Thank you so much, guys.

Fucking sweet!!!

:yeah:

:excellent:

likaq

Arcane
AoD won "Game of the Year Awards 2012" in category "Most Promising Indie RPG".
Second Place Winner: Dead State.
The Contest was organized by RPGWatch.

Gamers' Choice: The Age of Decadence

This is another year in which The Age of Decadence could be released. Like the previous years there is again the hope it will.

The Age of Decadence is a 3D isometric turn based game with quite some promises for a rich RPG experience with different solutions to quests, deep factions, action point based combat, crafting and alchemy and combat that is thrilling and requires tactics in order to survive. If it will live up to its expectations it is bound to be a great game and if released in 2013 will be a contender for next year's GOTY award for best indie RPG.

Incline of rpgwatch. :)

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Wow. Those Steam greenlight stats are very impressive.
2013 is looking to become a helluva year for kvlt RPG gaming.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Yeah those steam stats are impressive. I just fear for VD's sanity when people from STEAM start to play The Age of Decadence and ask questions on the forums.

Boris

Educated
Queued
Yeah, when they got on Steam, I lost all my hope for a bunch of bawww and drama after a failed release.

Modron

Arcane
So does that mean most of that other 100k voted no or just didnt bother to vote at all?

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
From ITS forum, 46,219 no votes.

So that leaves about 53k abstainers.

Modron

Arcane
Voting NO is such a dick move, unless the developer is known to lie or the game a unplayable bugfest...

From what I'm told, a "no" vote doesn't actually do anything.

I have voted no on 700 hundred things, there are a ton of trash entries in greenlight and I felt that I was pretty fair in my evaluations. Admittedly, I might have been a bit hypercritical towards the umpteenth or so super meatboy clone around the 500-600 mark in the process of voting on all the games. Oh and I voted no on a ton of free 2 play mmos because I don't see why those need to be on steam in the first place.

deuxhero

Arcane
Voting NO is such a dick move, unless the developer is known to lie or the game a unplayable bugfest...

From what I'm told, a "no" vote doesn't actually do anything.

I have voted no on 700 hundred things, there are a ton of trash entries in greenlight and I felt that I was pretty fair in my evaluations. Admittedly, I might have been a bit hypercritical towards the umpteenth or so super meatboy clone around the 500-600 mark in the process of voting on all the games. Oh and I voted no on a ton of free 2 play mmos because I don't see why those need to be on steam in the first place.

Yeah, but there isn't a count taken or have any effect on what happens, only the number of "yes" matter.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Yep. Valve doesn't care how many don't want to play it, as long as enough people do.

KidBoogie

Learned
my greenlight rule: if its indy i vote it up
images

fuck aaa corporate assholes well show them how its done from grassroots

likaq

Arcane
GoG impressions with AoD demo:

"... And this is one ambitious project. In one sentence, “The Age of Decadence” is a post-apocalyptic hardcore RPG game when your choices have very serious consequences.

I did not write the “hardcore” world by accident - this is a big strength and at the same time weakness of this title. It’s a real CRPG game with huge number of numbers, statistics and build that matters, that you can play with, but also break them until the game becomes almost unplayable because of the difficulty of situation you will be put in. For example I can choose to make a mercenary who is a very good trader - but when it comes to combat he can be beaten by normal thief.

So you need to think smart and think like an RPG gamer would. This is good because of the simple truth that this is a very solid RPG game, and a bad thing because it’s a niche and very demanding RPG game.

What am I trying to say is that this is not the game that I would recommend even to RPG gamers (after Skyrim and new Fallouts they became a little more simple minded). This is an old-school RPG, when you need to have a passion for this kind of gameplay, or you will be bored after first couple of hours. (...)

Pros:
- Great RPG mechanic.
- Nice graphics, not revolutionary but there is a big attention to detail.
- Focus on choices and their consequences.
- Scale of the game - it looks like a huge adventure.
- Original setting - post-apocalypse meets roman empire.

Cons:
- Hard and unforgiving mechanics. (Which actually might appeal to hardcore gamers)
- Poor tutorial and generally not friendly for new gamers.
- Combat can be very long and boring.
- The story is not special in the beginning.

Questions:
- Is it possible to release some kind of adventure editor or maybe even game editor for this title?

(...)

This is the game for hardcore RPG gamers who will invest the patience and time to get to know it very good and only then draw a huge amount of fun from it. (...)"

http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic,3228.0.html

How about newspost about this?

Calling Infinitron Crooked Bee VentilatorOfDoom

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm on it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom