Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Apex Legends - F2P Battle Royale set in the Titanfall Universe by Respawn

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Durandal, Feb 4, 2019.

1. gongal Novice

gongal
    I love how the only white male character in the game is literally toxic and hidden behind a paywall.

Also two characters already confirmed as gay/bi/pan something

10/10 game

:hero:

• Brofist Brofist x 7
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Devoidless Literate

Devoidless
    Ha! That's fucking hilarious! The toxic one is even named 'Caustic'. Both of the ones behind paywalls could be arguably white since Mirage is riding the line between CIS White Male and Acceptably Hispanic. There is no way that is a coincidence.

Also! I didn't realize that it was only on Origin for PC. I was going to give it a shake because, fuck it, I'm bored. EA can keep it's launcher exclusive fuckfest.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. you know what time it is Arcane

you know what time it is
    Getting butthurt about such things in online shooters of all places is so 2018. It's just marketing people doing marketing people things (trying to justify their useless diplomas and life choices). Has absolutely nothing to do with gameplay or anything really.

Game's pretty good tho, but they ought to add leaderboards and ranking systems, fix useless weapons like mozambique / p2020, clear up some of the tooltips (wraith's passive, air strike ults friendly fire etc.) and balance some of the skills, like the stupid fucking Gibraltar's dome that tanks everything including multiple ults and nades.

Caustic is pretty great btw and you can get him in three days of casual playing, as far as f2p goes this one actually has almost nothing to waste money on.

• retadred retadred x 2
    • cuck cuck x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    • popamole popamole x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Nirvash Learned

Nirvash
    Very solid gameplay.

Very ugly/sjw pg. (but is 1 person, so not really a big problem)

But really, really need a solo mode, going with randoms will make you quit in 2 days.

^ Top  
  5. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014

• decline decline x 1
    • FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Perkel Arcane

Perkel
    In other news Epic to close their digital store in order to cut costs after all of their fornite people went to apex.

/s

• Funny Funny x 2
    • nice nice x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Tehdagah Arcane

Tehdagah
    10 millions is a joke to Fortnite.

• rolleyes rolleyes x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Perkel Arcane

Perkel
    10mln in first day.
    By the end of the week Sweeney will have to sell his socks to stay afloat

• incline incline x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. fantadomat Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Edgy

fantadomat
    Or those 10 millions are a lie to bump up the EA stocks. Even if they are real,doesn't mean they will stay that high. Also it doesn't mean they bring shekels.

^ Top  
  10. Perkel Arcane

Perkel
    Don't think so, i see it everywhere now. Shit even my 12 year old cousin installed it today and he only plays fornite.

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. J_C One Bit Studio Patron Developer

J_C
    Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    I hate these kind of games, but even I considered trying it. But since I have a weak rig right now, I can't.

• cuck cuck x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Dexter Arcane

Dexter
    Anyone wanna bet how many weeks it'll take till nobody talks about/even remembers this one anymore?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • "It was Aliens" "It was Aliens" x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Steezus Learned Patron

Steezus
    I don't think that 10 millions is a lie, but that's just individual players. Active playerbase right now is certainly much smaller. I played the game for like 3, 4 rounds and while I think it's pretty good I have no real desire to go back to it and I imagine that many feel the same. Casuals are going back to Fortnite and people who want realistic gunplay continue to suffer through PUBG.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. fantadomat Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Edgy

fantadomat
    Such internet games do tend to have a short life span if they don't grab the attention of players with something new,dumb and sparkly. It is natural to have a lot of accounts being a F2P,player retention is a different story. Still it could succeed.

^ Top  
  15. 2menLeefs Unwanted

Unwanted
    Are there any popular casual shooters with high time-to-kill?
    All modern shooters are designed with enough randomness so that zero skill casuals wont get roflstomped 10 out of 10 times by a slightly better player...
    If Apex is high TTK than it wont last long.

^ Top  
  16. Dexter Arcane

Dexter

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
    • cuck cuck x 2
    ^ Top  
  17. Alienman Arcane Patron

Alienman
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Oh boy. EA have also released a statement that two characters are gay or non-binary or some such.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    ^ Top  
  18. Melcar Arcane

Melcar
    That's a very multi-cultured cast.

• decline decline x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. fantadomat Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Edgy

fantadomat
    [​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Durandal Arcane

Durandal
    "No marketing"

Bitch please, they knew that marketing a Battle Royale game would be more effective through streamers than game journalism outlets because the target audience is more likely to play the BR game their favourite streamer is playing than whatever IGN is playing. In fact, you can already see several popular YouTubers disclosing that they are part of some kind of EA Partnership Program, and for the Anthem demo they had some YouTubers shipped over to Japan for an exclusive hands-on with the game. Obviously none of the outright critical personalities got an invite. EA only needs to make a "deal" with the most popular streamers to play their game, and all minor streamers flock to the new game after sensing the change of fads. Like moons orbiting a planet.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  21. Trithne Augur

Trithne
    That's very true, but even so that is marketing where you let the game speak for itself. And continuing to let the game speak for itself would've been fine, because the game is the relevant part here.

Then they had to go and "oh btw the gays are here" and now people are complaining and other people are being smug and all this means is that instead of talking about the game, people are talking about the politics surrounding the game. That doesn't actually get people playing it, it does the opposite.

Saying EA did no marketing is dumb. The direction EA has decided to take their marketing is dumber.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Ed123 Arcane Patron

Ed123
    Serpent in the Staglands Wasteland 2

Everyone go home, $$manlives has spoken

• Brofist x 2
    • gimme dem dolla bills x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • not sure if serious x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. GrainWetski Arcane

GrainWetski
    I'll sum it up so you don't have to watch a Gggmanlives video.

He loves the cast of characters. It's very realistic and reminds him of home. The biggest negative is that he was forced to use mouse to be competitive. He recommends you pick it up on console for that reason.

He obviously wasn't paid to do it, he just decided to put this in the description for no reason at all.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. fantadomat Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Edgy

fantadomat
    Another commercial.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Black Arcane

Black
    You're looking at it wrong, it just means that only white characters are not worthless. Just like irl.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)