Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Apex Legends - F2P Battle Royale set in the Titanfall Universe by Respawn

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
:negative:
My nephew sneak installed this shit on my RPG master race PC. Fuck i could even give it try in the next few days. The worst part is that it comes with that malware origin.

Reinhardt

Arcane
My nephew sneak installed this shit on my RPG master race PC.

5ML.gif

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I installed this game to give it a go. The first match as soon as I land the game crashes. The second match me and my squad are just roaming about randomly but somehow we end up being one of the two surviving squads, two of us are dead and our last guy is heading to the respawn point, but instead he freezes up somehow and gets killed. The other guy in the squad tells me that his game crashed. Two matches later nothing much of significance happened as we get killed right out of the gate. Then during my fourth match the game crashes again during the jumping phase.

Apparently I must be one of the handful of people to have to deal with this shit, because complaints about crashes don't seem to be as global. Basically, screw this game.
:timetoburn:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Funny. Makes me wonder how the office in EPIC looks now, because I'm assuming those people comes from the Fortnite crowd.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
The SJW-nonsense aside, it actually looks pretty fun. Was watching my brother play it, and unlike Fortnite and other BR games out there, mechanically/design-wise there's more than your usual fare to take into consideration, like height, mobility, noise, and situational weapon choice. Mechanically it feels more like an ET-Tribes hybrid than Fortnite and PUBG, with some Overwatch stuff thrown into the mix.

That being said, while I'd like to give it a try, I refuse to install Origin on my PC.

Devoidless

Novice
I tried it the other day after a friend installed it. The mechanics seemed fun and I liked the weapons. But then I entered the actual game.

Holy fuck. Maybe I just had shitty luck but, for three games in a row, my team just scattered to the winds. Each asshole went a different way instead of sticking around to help one another. Without fail I got eliminated within the first five minutes.

I'm just going to throw it on the 'Cool game ruined by forced play with shitty people' pile.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Who cares? It's a free game, most of them will be gone in a month.
Yep, being free means that the players will leave in a month. Because that's how the market works. That's why Fortnite is such a huge flop.

I tried it the other day after a friend installed it. The mechanics seemed fun and I liked the weapons. But then I entered the actual game.

Holy fuck. Maybe I just had shitty luck but, for three games in a row, my team just scattered to the winds. Each asshole went a different way instead of sticking around to help one another. Without fail I got eliminated within the first five minutes.

I'm just going to throw it on the 'Cool game ruined by forced play with shitty people' pile.
Yeah these games are much more fun if you have a few people who you can play with.

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Feedback/No-white-character/td-p/7464603

And so it begins...
Some forum users are complaining that the thread is being censored with posts being deleted. No way! Who would do that?

About the game, played for a bit and had some fun but something seems wrong. It feels like I am in a dream because I can't see squat over 50ft and guns don't work.
I feel that most bullets dissappear mid air.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
I complained about the lack of white characters before the game even released ;)

Crispy actually had a funny comment about this saying I wanted to appropriate his white culture by wanting white characters. That was p. funny.

EDIT: BTW, you guys know that now the "gaming journos" are criticizing Apex Legends for being diverse for "cynical reasons"? Kotaku just put up an article saying they only went woke in order to appease them, that Apex Legends' "wokeness" is too "calculated".

LOL there is literally no winning with SJWs

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
About the distance sight it's a little blurry from a certain distance. I see movement but I can barely tell what i am shooting.

In regards to the shooting sometimes I get lots of floating numbers when shooting from a far and sometimes I get nothing from emptying a shotgun in cqb.
Maybe my aim is slow and rusty and the shotguns have a tight spread or I had some lag issues.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I didn't like Titanfall 1 but really really dug 2. The campaign has this impeccable flow and confident pacing that's unrivaled by any modern AAA shooter singleplayer. It doesn't have the most intricate level or encounter design, but it rarely stops you for nonsense stuffs and let you gunfight like a dancer. Multiplayer definitely shines too.

This game, the map looks pretty good, it has that fantasy millitary edge with nice blending color palettes. My problem is how the hell do you go from this
Phase_Shift_1.jpg
to this
Wraith.jpg

Both characters have phase shift ability, but the first one while unnamed has a more distinct look with robotic limbs sticking out their clothes and equipment giving out "pilot's soul trapped inside machinery" vibe, while the girl (called Wraith I think?) while having a real identity for some reason looks more like generic Lilith-type from Borderlands. And don't get me started on the medic girl.

Seethe

Arbiter
Gunplay is good, too bad it has shitty moba abilities, and it's centered around "teamwork". You can't do that with random strangers, I developed an allergy to every MP that doesn't have a solo mode.

Squid

Arbiter
My problem is how the hell do you go from this to this
Simple. Game is free to play yet needs to generate revenue. If people like that character they will want skins and other cosmetic fun things for her and are more inclined to spend money/time on the game. The more time they spend the more likely they'll spend money anyway too. So you gotta make characters that are visually catching, have their own personality/background, skins that change enough, etc. You like this person? Yeah you do, look at this skin that's super cool and different from everyone else's skin for them.

Game is actually pretty solid now that I've tried it. I've tried other BR games and PUBG was the only I played more than two matches of and I barely even played that game besides randomly joining friends while bored. This is the first one I didn't play for like an hour one night to see how it went and end up uninstalling it.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
My problem is how the hell do you go from this to this
Simple. Game is free to play yet needs to generate revenue. If people like that character they will want skins and other cosmetic fun things for her and are more inclined to spend money/time on the game. The more time they spend the more likely they'll spend money anyway too. So you gotta make characters that are visually catching, have their own personality/background, skins that change enough, etc. You like this person? Yeah you do, look at this skin that's super cool and different from everyone else's skin for them.

What SJWs dont understand is that majority of players, both male and female, prefer playing with good looking characters.

Thats why League of Legends or Fortnite devs, while saying some PC things about female character design, have continued releasing sexy characters and skins.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom