Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Arcanum LP [Tech/Evil][Fortified with memes][Finished]

Egosphere

Arcane
Isle of Despair always reminded me of The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress. I wish it had better quests, like helping Thorvald judge someone, or a long quest for improving the life quality in the island, maybe using materials from the sub..
Yeah, they could have done much more with that little island. You could probably even make a whole game in itself out of that setting.

Edit: On the other hand I'll miss out on a shitload of content. Will he stay where he left the party indefinitely? I might eventually return and recruit him once I'm back at negative alignment.

If I remember correctly, companions eventually fuck off to the places where you originally found them but I could be completely wrong.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Isle of Despair always reminded me of The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress. I wish it had better quests, like helping Thorvald judge someone, or a long quest for improving the life quality in the island, maybe using materials from the sub..
Yeah, they could have done much more with that little island. You could probably even make a whole game in itself out of that setting.
Path_of_Exile_Logo.png

:smug:
I have no idea how the "story" is in PoE, I just know it's using this basic setup.

Egosphere

Arcane
PART XIV: THE INCLINE IN MY MORALS IS BEGINNING TO ALARM ME

HMnJTYS.jpg

So we kick off in the abode of the wheel clan. These guys blow the lid off of Black Mountaineers' place.
pHOuEW6.png

The dungeons are broken up into 4 levels ( or so I presume ): the 'main' level that leads to the underground fortress that houses the dwarven king; general housing and trading area; the 'Dredge'; the abandoned mines inhabited by some mysterious monster. We'll visit the 2nd of these to reap some side quests and brush up on the gossip.

tZDXNMp.png

FbZDbfH.png

wF72861.png

AQZR8Gv.png

Nah, mate, I just saw him.

H1RIR1N.png

ai1PcFX.png

In the housing area we find a few notable dwarfs:

2lprupW.png

HInBdTd.png

Tell me of the wheel clan

LDFmn66.png

What happened to Loghaire, the King?

RVRtVYm.png

You can trust me

bn6evye.png

What else can you tell me

c1yzEaV.png

Who are you?

EN52WyZ.png

g82luZg.png

ejpskbZ.png

What did you lose?

5gvZNCO.png

Should I retrieve it?

Q0C7edc.png

Done.

Erick Obsidian is the dwarf in the adjacent room.

yLvh6Zc.png

Dc4DUNo.png

KussoCD.png

He goes off on a tangent, here, I think, and we steer him back to our original question

zoVVUOP.png

TCjppXT.png

oAv66kE.png

Pay or no pay, I'm going on this adventure!

P4plF9i.png

The schematic that we got is for an iron key. You don't need skills in smithy to craft the item, which is a nondescript key

L9xeMA3.png

There was that giant box in Tarant, where they kept the dragon skull replica. I wonder..

Last up is Ironheart

zPnNbHC.png

zHX4bCR.png

Tell me of the Wheel clan

WghJm2S.png

Clan wars?

qfn7xSK.png

Where are your women?

FAPTFAe.png

Why do you live in such secluded conditions?

sflFwRz.png

I think you're being harsh

NZO8ToU.png

Are there any jobs you have for me?

BRgwvaT.png

I1OEEMN.png

Before we visit the king, let's take a look at their wares

BrQXyw8.png

Some nice, minor dialogue c&c

We pick up a schematic for an explosive decoy..

h0LArVH.png

..and leave. They have cultivated a nice garden despite the harsh limits imposed by the dingy surroundings. You can find olive branches there, for the ancient gods quest.

ve42APe.png

The Alberich altar is up in the 'main' area

hBELOr2.png

SyVIGt8.png

And finally, we reach the underground fortress. Impressive.

z0hNgZX.png

SoRbeJv.png

1n9EHrt.png

Where is the King?

Df7q9I5.png

*tell him your story about the Black Mountain clan being exiled*

vLhBk1Y.png

No sign of them

Vj8UYqc.png

Blast who? The elves?

659sOgV.png

E5taM4m.png

Clan wars?

WrlXdOM.png

Lorek?

KLNXagm.png

VISxiJH.png

4jVjRen.png

PIMHg3k.png

g9RDK1M.png

Any connection to Bates?

7EgWGnJ.png

What was the role of the elves?

ddinlPg.png

What had BMC done?

8JAMaZ6.png

Who were these elves?

uof2PAt.png

What did the other clans say?

ytdOVWR.png

eyeEzpr.png

What is the Dredge?

Ooz5ZA1.png

b7TSDIQ.png

I'm confused. Why was your father so ashamed?

sJMpE7x.png

Don't worry. I have 165 IQ.

(steel thyself for enduring this soporific, philosophical discussion)

OLThI8O.png

Do you disagree with his choice?

M1D53O2.png

(What is even the point of including that in the dialogue option then, lol )

r6GIyx4.png

What, exactly, are you referring to?

Sfhckek.png

Please, continue..

ngniO3n.png

Explain a bit further, plz..

sRf86ZD.png

sQy0VUm.png

6CWfa8U.png

But what of the shape?

lClg1jE.png

Elaborate plz

XlNLBIr.png

So 'quartz' would be the shape of the stone?

mZ3ySVh.png

ZFPS84a.png

hOFQZ7B.png

So in terms of your father..

qLFA6HM.png

And what of Lorek?

x3n7xYp.png

V9920zx.png

5THYwAI.png

tX9rjaM.png

We redirect the conversation to this guy's connection to his own father and try to suss out some more info out of him. We call his bluff and openly challenge the notion that he hasn't seen his father

2FTg8gl.png

You'd have gone looking for him

OL5bmEw.png

Your anger is hollow

sOZSGiY.png

zr8vX7M.png

wmLVcBw.png

Armed with our new found knowledge on dwarven ways, we descend the ladder to Loghaire's little retreat

Ap0sCij.png

ZA1YgCB.png

sUTAAzv.png

I come him with the blessing of your son

wSOMRlp.png

I come with news of the BMC

WqD0ltp.png

[tell him]

8mUmaM1.png

MYSdgyG.png

8eGzG7H.png

What had technology done to the elves?

OM3asie.png

Why did humanity adopt tech so fast?

dfYQQj6.png

VF9uf8S.png

BonMGuQ.png

Were there elves in the forests of Mobihan?

eYXZnrP.png

ZAbpTAb.png

And she was angered?

BWEQ6Kw.png

Have you ever spoken to her?

SCLWZmN.png

frNjBJX.png

What's the difference between you and the elves?

1qhd7Dk.png

ydBaxZ2.png

Lt28xvv.png

FrG7DFm.png

KmDoTn1.png

vSxmvjW.png

wTBN3Hh.png

Being a King isn't easy..

Fv63luX.png

And here we pull out our ace of spades

ATaQor4.jpg

pJCZczl.png

8c3GvRf.png

lBeuK1C.png

What do you see as the nature of that betrayal?

ddKVOFM.png

That was Lorek's flaw, yours is of Shape..

5VhcopZ.png

No. You must pay the price. I cannot do that for you..

DnKsPSc.png

You must return to your people. Be true to Stone AND Shape.

kTdawj9.png

AZnlF3i.png

xFDzcsX.png

kRZvD2S.png

VIUpFAD.png

Zz8sYRJ.png

Alright, I'm off then..

XE7AVE3.png

jn6ZxxY.png

Te5N3dx.png

I foolishly hand the axe to Torian

Nv2BEFP.png

We took the shortcut to get to Loghaire, but we can still explore the rest of the Dredge. Moltenflow or whatever his name wanted us to retrieve his heirloom here.

tgVjkmG.png

the battles come thick and fast

QdYwnz8.png

and some exotic nasties pop up down here

IlPPxix.png

mMpQbjD.png

VfJzGch.png

0HPUfnU.png

U0pK1il.png

Seething mass on steroids

3JH6ToR.png

d8ArLHV.png

I'm blue daboodee, dabooday

CTXjdNN.png

We find the 'heirloom' in a locked room

bZNUPB4.png

I1qJELH.png

does it ever end?

XUqPLCX.png

7Z2bpcp.png

zOS4VwM.png

BXP8GMV.png

Oh yeah, here's Min Gorad's letter

6fEeKFG.png

f0JZpe1.png

We get the sheet of metal that we'll need for crafting the ancient key

kUsppyL.png

This spider doesn't want to attack us. My companions don't want to attack it either. I guess it's tame.

xGswkoP.png

xLDdKCd.png

And finally we climb back out of that god forsaken hellhole

Loghaire has taken his son's place in the throne room

VCW7t5P.png

hCQvmYB.png

But just as I thought I was out, they pull me back in. There's a SECOND mine full of savage monstrosities that we need to clear.

0f0Y3Pz.png

DsiVEYA.png

pr0G7Cw.png

OgfQzwe.png

Need help?

XsXEo37.png

I'll do it

qvvJxV7.png

Respect is all I need

kBk49Er.png

I'll return when I've killed him.

It's an absolute unit, this one

m0EP0eA.png

A4rqpBV.png

'Dread Crystal Spider' is the name

we get another schematic in one of the chests in the spider room

gfoAx3Y.png

KdjakmM.png

ewPNfha.png

Ah, you have to clear the whole damn mine for this quest to complete.

mulHBFn.png

kB6LB81.png

j1YHnMz.png

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUCCKKKCKCKCKCCCKCKC

What's my alignment? THIRTY FUCKING EIGHT is what it is, ffs. How did it get so high so quickly? I was at -1 or so when I stepped into Tarant. I killed people in Ashbury to steal their shit! I gave the Shrouded Hills mine back to the swine and not the daughter! I killed Arbalah! I destroyed the steam engine! And yet here I am, illuminating the caves with the faint, oily glow of the inchoate halo that is shimmering above my scalp.

Well that's just brilliant. Torian has the good armour, the dwarven axe, some stat boosting rings and is a superb swordmaster to boot.

LOMRQIt.png

<<I do not follow one who travels the path of righteousness>>

Aye, we're righteous alright.

Here's your damn heirloom Veganrad or whatever your name is

d4CabzF.png

DXvZRQX.png

GLeOtER.png

9qZ2wPN.png

I'm leaving. I really am.

CTZqzUV.png

We sullenly trudge to he Stone Cutter clan to tell some guy that his brother is waiting for him in the .. ah. what's the name of this clan again? Ah fuck it.

It's abandoned and full of zombies anyways.

1kkPHbY.png

evrlzYq.png

I am so pissed with what had transpired that I don't even bother with this place: I simply turn around and walk away.

The trip to Stillwater is mired with kite ambushes, but we pull through and eventually reach the quaint little village. The artwork is great,

n8zLw4a.png

and the music is simply sublime. Easily my favourite track in the game:

We're down, but not yet out. It will a long, brutal journey to bring our alignment back to the right (left) side of the karmameter. I had hoped to temper my morals with a potential murder spree in Tarant, but the sheer snowballing inertia of my positive actions on the Isle of Despair and the Dwarven clan had caught up to me when I least expected it. We're between a rock and a hard place when it comes to keeping our party: as we slaughter and pillage, it is very likely ( almost certain, really ) that Gar will leave us. And he's the only other guy in our group who's nifty with a blade.​

Last edited:

Black

Arcane
Will you be going back to the dredge? There's stuff there.

Egosphere

Arcane
Will you be going back to the dredge? There's stuff there.

Yes.

Also i glanced at the map on the wikia and apparently there's some 'grey king' which i completely missed down there.

Ill get torian and geoffrey back in the team as well.

Black

Arcane
Agreed, it works with tech/magick aptitude but bad/evil in Arcanum is just pants on head.

Egosphere

Arcane
And this is why moral systems in games are like hella dumb, yo.

I went back to the stone cutter clan, told the dwarf to go home. Brought the statue of geshtianna back to the altar at stillwater (killed the guy who stole it). Killed all the inebriated cultists after the orgy. Killed the elf who wouldn't locate Qintarra for me. Alignment of +53 right now. :negative:

I'm off to shrouded hills and will systematically start exterminating select populations to see how my alignment goes. Vagabond, sheriff, doc roberts; pigs and will o wisps at ashbury. Plenty of targets in tarant as well, though I hoped to leave that after dealing with caladon.

And this is why moral systems in games are like hella dumb, yo.

I went back to the stone cutter clan, told the dwarf to go home. Brought the statue of geshtianna back to the altar at stillwater (killed the guy who stole it). Killed all the inebriated cultists after the orgy. Killed the elf who wouldn't locate Qintarra for me. Alignment of +53 right now. :negative:

I'm off to shrouded hills and will systematically start exterminating select populations to see how my alignment goes. Vagabond, sheriff, doc roberts; pigs and will o wisps at ashbury. Plenty of targets in tarant as well, though I hoped to leave that after dealing with caladon.

I didn't even remember it being that bad and I was trying to play as a douchebag last time. Jesus Christ.

Egosphere

Arcane
Path_of_Exile_Logo.png

:smug:
I have no idea how the "story" is in PoE, I just know it's using this basic setup.

wasn't there some russian rpg where you're on a penal colony on an island?

edit: yeah there was - Planet Alcatraz. A planet, not an island.

I also don't remember Torian Kel leaving the party when recruited through persuasion - pretty sure I kept the guy through the entire game as a good character - in case you were looking for an alternative that did not involve genocide. The requirement is pretty high, though. As I said, it was something like 4 points + Expert.

Egosphere

Arcane
I also don't remember Torian Kel leaving the party when recruited through persuasion - pretty sure I kept the guy through the entire game as a good character - in case you were looking for an alternative that did not involve genocide. The requirement is pretty high, though. As I said, it was something like 4 points + Expert.
I don't think I'll be getting expert because i don't really want caladon in tarant's orbit. We'll have to chop our way through.

I don't think I'll be getting expert because i don't really want caladon in tarant's orbit. We'll have to chop our way through.

Expert is trained by the Madame in Tarant, its Master that requires diplomaticool fuckery.

Edit: Oh, just noticed what Master actually does for you: "anyone will join with the Character, regardless of reaction to one's alignment."

So you do need Master to recruit our boi as a good character after all. Welp.

Egosphere

Arcane
Ins't killing Stillwater for M'in Gorad a fantastic little karma nuke?

Be sure to shag evil elven bitch as well.

I know you have to exterminate stillwater, but i never followed through with the evil path so it'll be my first foray into that content. I want to beef up the party before i go to qintarra, though. there's a few things ill try first and if that doesn't work, then we'll regroup with torian and geoffrey later.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
I always love playing the master of persuasion in Arcanum. Getting people to do whatever you want is the greatest.

Also, I love Gar. His dialogue is fantastic and he's a great fighter. My biggest complaint about him as a follower though is that he has the human template despite being in he body of an orc.

Really, he should have the intelligence and charisma of an educated man with the strength, constitution, and beauty of an orc.

Also, would have him something other than Pure Melee Dodge.

Actually, some of the characters like Torian Kel are actually a bit too... bland in abilities for me. I'd give Kel the Dark Warrior template, referencing his necromantic origins.

Egosphere

Arcane
I always love playing the master of persuasion in Arcanum. Getting people to do whatever you want is the greatest.

Also, I love Gar. His dialogue is fantastic and he's a great fighter. My biggest complaint about him as a follower though is that he has the human template despite being in he body of an orc.

Really, he should have the intelligence and charisma of an educated man with the strength, constitution, and beauty of an orc.

Also, would have him something other than Pure Melee Dodge.

Actually, some of the characters like Torian Kel are actually a bit too... bland in abilities for me. I'd give Kel the Dark Warrior template, referencing his necromantic origins.

i dont think ill be master of any skill in this playthrough. Killed the gunslinger in ashbury, and im killing willoughsby after i throw the caladon negotiation. it's funny that i'm level 30, but my character is pretty much complete: high gun skill, high persuasion, smart, has some decent crafting abilities. I can beat the game without needing to level up. i might start bumping up dodge to get that blind guy quest.

As for Gar and Torian, I agree. Seems like too many characters are pure melee builds. It would have been great to have some sway in how they level up.

im back on +20 karma right now. Should be down to 0 tomorrow and the next part will be up.

Last edited:

Egosphere

Arcane
PART XV: PSYCHO

UjDpGd7.png

We left off the last episode upon arrival in Stillwater. Skipping the stonecutter content irked me, so I turned around and went back
kgEQo2k.png

Clearing out the zombies, we get some decent loot

cCFC3Ty.png

whilst the isometric camera lets us sneak a peek at the challenges that lie ahead

vR1bz0S.png

The doors are locked and we're forced to destroy them

dlcnY5T.png

and follow the winding path

Bxua0S3.png

to an .. exit? We'll leave that for now and clear out the other zombies

QTlvTRg.png

8cagSXt.png

MYBm8T1.png

We get another little preview of what's up ahead if we strain our camera to the side

z75eW66.png

That's racist

974cjWu.png

I go into turn-based mode and decide to draw them out in smaller groups. Chaucer has other ideas and charges right at them by himself. Turns out they're a bunch of pansies.

xCwMe80.png

And we come upon something interesting at the end of the tunnel

Y1T6pCi.png

FHf0e1S.png

what happened?

90yWVuU.png

that was irresponsible

nRhdRf5.png

where's the lab? (it's the exit)

Tc6lXvF.png

IYEvGV9.png

lFuOeUu.png

what happened to your father?

0NjENke.png

We take our leave and go back. As you go into the laboratory, you're in for a nasty surprise. There's an ambush waiting for you on the other side and you have little time to get your bearings if you have real time combat engaged.

dVv3M3l.png

WayByhE.png

6yUrZag.png

the bludgeoner is the worst of the lot, tearing through your armour and dealing shattering amounts of damage

There's a diary on the table and some loot

ePmtGfI.png

vVQC5oe.png

and the diary belongs to *drumroll* Kerghan, the ancient necromancer who was banished into the void.

EsUxbKC.png

6z70QPw.png

dmy08i6.png

sVzaFHf.png

3q0mZuk.png

We leave the wretched caves and run into 2 new enemies we haven't encountered before

WYeUDh3.png

VVtjL5B.png

Back in Dernholm, the capital of Cumbria

pVmf2Me.png

We go to Lianna del Par to tell her of the true king who's still alive

h5pFTtz.png

J5G95xj.png

mJBQuYc.png

That's going to affect a couple of ending slides;)

Back in Stillwater, the remote village in the north

3aiYLy3.png

tell me of stillwater

ssP7JCv.png

anything of interest around here?

VSmkxYy.png

what's so unique about your weapons?

gWPc6EM.png

do you enchant the weapons as well?

ltecC7U.png

qXFvuFU.png

Caladonian guard? Caladon sources its weaponry from Stillwater? They are well and truly screwed if they ever wage war against Tarant. Those supply lines will be blocked in under a week.

Perhaps I can look for him for you?

uijtLck.png

I'll do it

u9sEtEf.png

We leave the blacksmith and ask some random stranger about the local giant myth

9pFNVkR.png

The tavern is beside the big statue

qTlCUN8.png

and the inn is not far off as well. Joachim was supposed to leave some papers for us here.

sTRiLY1.png

4tf7PwE.png

CGUM9fM.png

YBodEJL.png

There's literally nothing new in these papers. We know all of it, and more, already. Thanks Joachim. Great help, as per.

1jzROM6.png

Yes we ARE in Stillwater, Virgil, you soft headed bastard

After we read the book, the lines dont trigger, so i run around in circles around the inn until they finally appear

sNQxsh6.png

Yes, we literally had one of them in our party, Virgil.

kK1icDk.png

7bn1PLv.png

FioQ7qV.png

l07qbEA.png

uVDNs8g.png

c3JIrDN.png

Yes, we're missing the loving, guiding touch of the Panarii in all this. Indeed.

XvGku7N.png

Sure isn't.

More stillwater giant paraphernalia

mwo6jQ6.png

The Geshtianna cult, domiciled in Stillwater, has cut themselves a nice yard of empty space right in the middle of the village. They've cleared away the snow, too. How nice.

e0n3mvc.png

zdmUhfy.png

3nmINUM.png

Took your joy pills today, dear?

ABsFmbo.png

I'll get it back.. for a price

qr9nNNR.png

and this blessing does what, exactly?

qhG4sAh.png

tell of me stillwater

YFrNywS.png

stillwater is famous for its blades

VhagW0C.png

I have no idea why this is the only option I'm given here :lol:

QXbs4W2.png

Do not fret. I too am trying to follow the path of love.

OwrIcBF.png

This dialogue is schizophrenic

Thank you. I leave you now.

The idol is hidden on the other side of town

NDDd9iJ.png

OTJ9eYD.png

Nah, mate. I know what you're up to.

We cut his head off and break into the storage room.

rqlohLJ.png

MKQbRfu.png

Zunyfdu.png

ZArjeP6.png

Don't mind if I do

We wake up from a giant orgy in the adjacent building.

Dyyy35y.png

hey, we need to lower our karma, so how about we kill the cultists?

2aqYko7.png

Gar isn't happy. What's wrong Gar?

Q822AF5.png

aw come on, we're just cutting heads off geshtianna cultists. We're the good guys.

iv3HDUJ.png

I sense a 'but' coming..

wNOBCCV.png

Heh. Sure thing Gar! Got some right here. Put the kettle on.

M0Ckxud.png

So you want to sign up for our adventure once more?

VbsA572.png

You know what, Gar? We've had a good run, but our ways will paths will bifurcate sooner or later. Perhaps it's time to say our goodbyes. You're a free man, Gar. I release you.

Gar warmly thanks us and stays standing in the corner to solemnly watch as we methodically slaughter the geshtianna cultists

mBlenPy.png

dQ4g0A6.png

Tell some guy to go back home. +20 positive alignment! Kill 30 people in cold blood. You're still teh good guy!

There's a halfling who lives not far from geshtianna's altar

z5poNxr.png

Byron

CiKLExS.png

anything happening here recently?

nbd1blB.png

Any work for me?

iyI4kzq.png

perhaps im more stealthy than i appear

iS4zT7I.png

proceed

jJy8UVd.png

wXuM174.png

WJCEawi.png

uh huh

rvVmpbU.png

XAFQjS4.png

ok, gimme the damn book ffs

TIlO1Zu.png

EvzPuZ9.png

OFwSufB.png

my screenshots messed up so the last page is missing. I think we get the broad picture anyways.

k7km4Cq.png

hey, i've finished reading your book. fascinating. please continue.

b0IVOfA.png

X0FknNb.png

Werrn1b.png

2BKrA9U.png

continue, plz

jvNvlj6.png

if only they could read..

GneIlUs.png

you left?

0t7cmod.png

never been back?

drXZ8uN.png

I'll get the ruby. Like im scared of some earth-spawn. Can't be worse than the bludgeoner.

UaxN7AS.png

We leave and go to the east until we find an elf. Maybe he can tell us of Qintarra?

iM6rZz8.png

Tell me about Qintarra

Tp4ZhgC.png

Kwf3zwT.png

where in the forest

oncRqSa.png

maybe I'll carve the info from you instead?

jlMKj0T.png

The twat has the amulet of N'Tala on him. This is the amulet that we were asked to return to Gaylin, the herbologist in Shrouded Hills.

phhD6tH.png

3R0mVgB.png

R5x2JSi.png

lgEESw5.png

Bye bye.

So. We're at +50 karma and we need to bring it to < 0. Let's begin.

Hey sheriff, why didn't you deal with the thieves at the bridge yourself?

VQAfLce.png

it's because you're a coward

xGCN223.png

you're in dire need of a sound beating

6uOws4Y.png

That's a start. We destroy a stockpile of building materials near the river, but that doesn't affect our karma

zCAURgD.png

Back in Stillwater, we start insulting the beggar

JbxmgQj.png

Keep doing that until he attacks, then kill him. It's a good way to shave off a few points from your alignment.

1l5bjOS.png

X5swUsr.png

Back in the north western corner of Stillwater, we find the wizard's house abandoned, with a pool of dry blood at the doorway and large footprints disappearing to the north

RISj4w2.png

rkef1ge.png

aGnZD1I.png

you cyrus? Richard sent me

Ij6jaNo.png

You know, i wish i could help you Cyrus. But I'm kinda trying to go the other way in my choices. So, ta-ta!

dlRzx5O.png

ngL7zuK.png

we can't tell him that we found him in the cave?:|

Up to the north stands a solitary shack with rusty cages strewn on the outside

Kq2nuiO.png

GGQ5yFo.png

we can't get the quest, because we killed myrth the elf. Fuck.

It's a cool quest and it's a pity we can't get it. Here's the cave with the blue bunny, anyways

xyshEPV.png

We go to Ashbury to genocide the love-lights. They bleed, which is .. weird, I guess?

wcNp5ui.png

We also kill the pigs and collect our 50

K2tPURe.png

B7CKJCw.png

any more work?

2jsWWgU.png

don't think ill be lifting them stones, mate

vNK4Db3.png

At the prison, we get to hear the other story which I missed in my previous visit

6nYlCQR.png

and we kill the Halcyon cultist

7Y5cEu4.png

Nice rifle. Maybe I'll keep it.

JcJpfP0.png

Back in Tarant, another vagrant!

ypYJkHM.png

and more newspapers!

M5tvX8p.png

SlK7blH.png

4VvtKNn.png

Hey, Virgil, do you mind if we whack the Panarii priest for good measure? No? Good.

oAHlyLs.png

gSaMZk5.png

The chest has the Jewel of Hebe, which boosts a couple of your primary stats

NJr7swh.png

HMNl4Qb.png

We waltz through the security into Bates' mansion

PmAa3AD.png

jEYBmnF.png

I've talked to Loghaire. He told me the elves were involved.

sWLDqMQ.png

BleOYZN.png

f0WrFWd.png

Thank you Bates, but i'm afraid your time is up.

We await nightfall and follow him into his bedroom. Killing him softly doesn't work. The guards give chase immediately, so we extirpate them as well.

vky5RfI.png

They have pretty shotguns. We don't need them, but they look too good to just leave them lying there, all alone in dead mens' hands.

z9koVSH.png

xPgQQ5P.png

The servants downstairs have to be dealt with as well, unfortunately

aWkgwbv.png

but the guards outside the gate are pretty chill!

353hCPo.png

In the morning, we kill Pettibone, and the white knights who come charging in to defend her

faFUFZ9.png

She's been literally carrying that elven funerary stone on her back all this time :lol:

niLNBdI.png

Back in Shrouded Hills ( Yes, once again! )

SK01Z5B.png

No more banking for thee

And here I discover the most effective way of lowering your karma. Killing chickens. No, I'm not kidding.

Fcla6zY.png

pygpMLY.png

Gb5FQRv.png

That takes away about 9 points from our alignment.

We also kill Percival Toone

CfnNX5z.png

his bodyguard glitches out and stays glued to a spot beside the window. We kill him as well.

The wise lady has to die, too

A9YhvAn.png

and im sorry Gaylin, but since we've gone so far over the line..

SEy6FA5.png

y2GiYVc.png

In Blackroot

NI8xCsX.png

HtBEp1w.png

Mayor is dead

The other guards don't seem to mind. Not until we try to leave through the front door, that is.

wxm79SS.png

Ar2YBYC.png

mK9Ro75.png

:positive::positive::positive:

My autism got the better of me, so I decided to follow the railway tracks out of Blackroot to see whether they spanned the continent. Turns out, they disappear into a tunnel.

6rBrl5N.png

But they don't come of the mountain on the other side!

XJgpwZx.png

Underrail :smug:

We go back to the wheel clan to recruite Torian Kel, discovering an uncharted cave in the process

gAtfhWQ.png

Ah, but Torian is no longer here!

irj6gxT.png

Is he back in his beloved temple? He sure is.

pGWval0.png

IOTWJL2.png

and whose fault is that?

Gz5lHvz.png

:incline:

Geoffrey is now back at Ashbury, gazing over the graveyard. Why he is doing that is unbeknownst to Lord Byron.

FUXb98L.png

n0chDkW.png

n58wdoE.png

Uh huh. Sure..

So the A team is back together. We re-shuffle our gear, upgrade Geoffrey to the requisite standard and head off to Kree to pick up the dialogue I've missed

e1GAfo2.png

QS1UgZ9.png

0ApISaQ.png

Giger aesthetics

Unfortunately, the dialogue does not trigger. I clear out the town and meander between the buildings, but nothing comes up. This has been a recurring problem in this playthrough. So, unfortunately, we won't be hearing of Torian's mistress.

Black tipped me off to some missed content in the Dredge, in the Wheel Clan. There is indeed a whole corridor that was left unexplored.

hEwdEY9.png

It's home to a unique enemy, the Grey King, and his followers Shadow Hunters

dmcEH12.png

NQXkDRm.png

Thanks Torian

Z6u0B6k.png

Christ, look at that posture.

pys4mVF.png

VgLQ9NA.png

Mongrelyns ( or some other variation on 'mongrel' )

Ro1qw2Z.png

We get the machined platemail schematic for our efforts

8I3NDCk.png

0ANPyU7.png

On our way to Stillwater, we take a detour into the uncharted cave. There's a big pool of lava that burns half of your armour off as you're running past it.

wisCQWn.png

MMhoTqn.png

this is the fire elemental. It's a tough beast and can still kill me in 1 hit. We get the better of it and appropriate his stash. Apart from the mundane, there's 1 unidentified ring.

9xQmthP.png

Back in Stillwater, we break the little wizard out from his cell

ch9Z2Je.png

but the ogre never shows up. A glitch.

kiHetYP.png

X2ZnV0S.png

hey, do you have any gossip to share?

mOI2wpp.png

9g per piece of gossip. Let's hear them, then!

7GpMpen.png

j1q7kct.png

wRNS0Vd.png

Is this a joke, Richard? Are you extorting money from me? Is that it?

tzAieJi.png

Well, at least that's pretty useful.

Hey Stan, can I talk to you about the Giant?

BE9A7Nx.png

:negative:

So that's that. We won't be seeing the giant, I take it.

Well, it's been a laborious journey to re-recruit Geoffrey and Torian, but we've finally done it. We won't be making the same mistake twice. I'm keeping my eyes peeled on the karmametre from now on. Join me next time as we battle our way through Hadrian's pass and unlock the other half of the continent!

Last edited:
Between the schizophrenic conversations, the -9 karma genocides, and Richard's half-assed """rumors,""" this was pretty damn hilarious.

Shame about the giant.

Egosphere

Arcane
Between the schizophrenic conversations, the -9 karma genocides, and Richard's half-assed """rumors,""" this was pretty damn hilarious.

Shame about the giant.

why oh why did they have to tie that quest up into myrth's? Ludicrous.
Just give me the option to ask Hippington about the giant. :argh:

Black

Arcane
One way to get your karma down is to "grind" beggars by telling them to fuck off. Which sounds like something Byron would do anyway.
It's hard to be bad in Arcanum.

Last edited:

Egosphere

Arcane
One way to get your karma down is to "grind" beggars by telling them to fuck off. Which sounds like something Byron would do anyway.
It's hard to be bad in Arcanum.
yep, that's what i did with all 3 that i could find. That probably took about 20 or so points off. Killing the animals was about 15, and killing people was another 15 on top of that.

if you're adept at magic, you can use those alignment reducing items like the dark helm etc.

Last edited:

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
we need more chickens to kill

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom