Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Arcanum LP [Tech/Evil][Fortified with memes][Finished]

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
latest

We were winning even before we started cheating | Technically my finger is not inside my body right now | I can wiggle that thing all day and its still not gonna stop

Last edited:

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Torian Kel does actually have a lot of exposition and story. Just in different places of the game.

I won't spoil it, but if you visit ancient places he'll most likely comment on it in some form, give you information. It really humanizes his character.

Egosphere

Arcane
PART XII: THE RAMBLINGS OF THE CRAZED DWARF

zOYavhy.png

We've successfully recruited Torian Kel and can resume our adventure. First, we need to kill that last speaker of evil to get our hands on his treasure.
With an extra sword in the party, his goons are quickly obliterated.

H9ZToSu.png

The treasure has unidentified armour and dagger

WhOTg6o.png

We loot up and leave. Right, so let's tie up a lot of the loose ends we've left hanging all over the continent and then blitzkrieg our way through the next stage of the main quest. Black said the shipwreck comes alive at night. He was correct.

8TpzixH.png

tnGYxHF.png

The skeletons are in possession of precious stones, rings, health restorers and money

91vssoi.png

uxZcZg3.png

wMj1l8N.png

So not really as useless a place as I first judged.
Back in Ashbury, we get our gear identified.

qjtV93T.png

Arcane Great Sword. Nice item, but has MSR 20.

XrBjNQM.png

Arcane Sword. Not as powerful as the former, but doesn't have an ungodly strength requirement to wield. Both are arcane and hence can't be damaged, which will stand us in good stead later on.

Drb7Tzl.png

Chill shield, pos.

6s39852.png

Key word: Smol

q3xMYbG.png

Not bad, these two. Although after you get your hands on the arcane stuff everything else pales away and seems mundane ( apart from the pyro axe. that shit is ridiculous )

8rnX6eH.png

We have no use of it, although I presume a magically inclined back-stabber would find this invaluable

I've been feeling the weight of my armour these past few game sessions. It does drain some of the fun out of the game watching your character slowly hobble across the screen under medium encumberance. Torian, here's the armour. Take the arcane sword, too.

Z3eeHTf.png

And I'll wear your barbarian armour.

fzbP8Gv.png

Who's the tough guy now, huh? Fite me, soibois.

YN8j6LR.png

You get different reactions in this armour

L04k94U.png

"Legal coin of the realm". Is this guy gay or what? I will pay in dragon blood and you will accept my generosity, lest your head is separated from your shoulders!

YmjRl36.png

Ho, indeed

We leave Ashbury and run into more incompetence from the molochean hand. I'm just embarrassed for them at this stage.

3y47VuU.png

and get-rich-quick scheme adhering orcs

dypMxM5.png

One of them has a bone dagger. If you remember the ancient gods pamphlet we read in Tarant, these daggers were offerings to Shakar, so we'll keep it

zGRthe1.png

First destination: ancient maze. It's on the other side of the continent, not far off Dernholm

bfhXIa5.png

It truly is a maze. The thickets block your vision and deviously hide some entrances from you, whilst the walls, which you cannot scale, confine you to the tight corridors and the narrow alcoves. Looking around we find a black diamond

6efEI7c.png

and cross around to the entrance into the grove

iBY2pyd.png

Under the copse is the largest enemy ( I think ) in the game: the swamp lurker/walker/whatever. This thing is huge, towering above us, at least twice the size of Sogg himself

pmRs7Kc.png

fgLThmz.png

GMGjio3.png

You'd be excused for thinking you were about to face death incarnate, but the swamp thing is not a formidable fighter. A gunslinger can take it down on his own.

I get all confused in the maze layout and wind up on the other side, almost walking into the loving embrace of a gore that had sprung up out of view

TrXfWCX.png

V8IFYBT.png

There's a sepulcher at the end, but the wall blocks our way. We have to go around.

DHNuuBB.png

I like this bit of trolling from Troika: put an enchanted sword into a little room, then wall it off from all sides. Can mages teleport into that location, or is it strictly for world map shenanigans?

Z37mrUX.png

More chests, more unidentified armour. I take what I can, but leave even more.

LdErm71.png

To the north is another wooded way. This place is actually quite nice, apart from the undead.

15spS0K.png

We finally find our way to the sepulcher. Guttural shrieks greet us and we are soon engaged in combat against 2 Stygian ghouls. These guys are pretty rare, maybe even unique to this location, which is a shame since they're a bit more intimidating than the rest of the undead roster. Don't get me wrong, I like the gores and the zombies. I do. But the stygian ghouls do look like a cut above the rest: their physical appearance resembles hellish, flayed corpses raised from some variegated, unholy matter. Their shrieks are more reserved and far less comical than the skeletor-tier yelps emitted by dying zombies. TLDR: I like Stygian Ghouls

b4tEpd9.png

CkgtqCS.png

The inside of the building is lit up with ceremonial flames

KTyRjnv.png

and inside the tomb?

XNBDxgr.png

Some cool looking stuff, but it's not arcane. We'll take it though.

On our way back, we encounter another swamp lurker

qehOKty.png

and find more shiny shit

SU8bRA3.png

That's it for the maze. Next up: Liam's Workshop! After we defeat these sentient broccoli lesser wyverns, that is.

TW5CEUk.png

JwqUlvl.png

Nice workshop, Liam. Did your parents pay for this?

dZY6yso.png

A pertinent journal entry is inside

p5d1JUn.png

jzohh2j.png

zwhs2Rj.png

The magick trap he speaks of is inside his bedside chest

NaNLSOo.png

The game doesn't give you any directions and you might get a bit confused on your first playthrough. You have to follow the path that leads from the workshop. I thought that the path would go back to Blackroot, but no, it'll take you to the portal.

There are some beasts that will try to stop you from getting there. First up is the lesser void lizard.

MqXIiwu.png

4fgUzK7.png

:retarded: Gar, you are a dolt. It was self defence against a creature from another plane of existence.

Next up is Araya slave

p01Q1jz.png

Who's/What's Araya? :|

Next up is the Greater Void Lizard. These fuckers are fast.

PPPOCUA.png

Quite a resemblance to those thick-skulled dinosaurs

article-0-19A9F845000005DC-200_634x441.jpg

This one knocks me off my feet once he reaches me and I have to be rescued by my party.

Unfortunately, Liam has died in his daring attempt to close the void by himself.
uIUgtUq.png

(Not pictured) The absolute madman attempted to reach the portal with nothing but an axe and the magical trap. There's a thin line between bravery and stupidity.

The portal itself continues to spew forward the greater lizards, so we charge straight at it and use the device. The lizards are killed as soon as the portal is destroyed, saving us the hassle of killing them

T4Od0qh.png

L1EfzDc.png

Back at Blackroot, we break the news to his heartbroken mother

iGF2MO4.png

dMYkfqd.png

rc8CVuH.png

pU4l5XX.png

d0EcB4q.png

Ao2znXN.png

5mlxMip.png

It's a chapeau of magnetic inversion. You need to craft charges for it, so we won't be needing it.

Up north is Shrouded Hills. We have a couple of tasks that need finishing in this place. First off, we get Expert training in Firearms from Doc Roberts

Hey, Doc, do you know who the master of firearms is, perchance?

7QYyVoO.png

Aah, the Halcyon proselyte. Interesting..

We get our loot identified.

ARX2Dbj.png

iex1cxq.png

RAedZ5z.png

Crit: Entangle? Is it the enemy who gets entangled? What's with the ominous art?

We identify the dread armour and give it to Gar. It turns him blue.

CLlz0Yy.png

And up west is ol' Percival Toone, the owner of the Bessie Toone mine.

13B5gEB.png

Tt350L7.png

mcLH7Uj.png

500, you swine

YWnKvOI.png

Ancient Maze: done. Liam's Workshop: done. Shrouded Hills: completed.

We arrive in Tarant by nightfall. It's prettier at night.

DvZN5wv.png

We've leveled up and learned how to craft eye gear. That's +2 to Perception.

o9SD0xt.png

bDmToTH.png

My vision is augmented

qyItcXV.png

The thieves wanted to give us a job when we reached a higher level. Well, we're above 20 now. Are they ready? They are.

4ieMUAr.png

i6Jk2Us.png

HarRseO.png

Yes, he was in the magnificent four

J4uHdAx.png

VjPm8Mt.png

I dress up in the manservant suit, leave my party outside and pay Bates a visit. It's the same conversation as I've already posted, but this time I tell him of Appleby's chicanery.

eHfaa3X.png

So we need to go to the Black Mountain Clan

vKflDFH.png

XRe1Fvv.png

L8hz8NG.png

tTvEujX.png

This place is a pretty big mess if you have a small party of weak fighters. Ore golems can quickly kill your companions, damaging their armour AND their weapons as they hit back. Fortunately, we have arcane stuff so that should not concern us

jSQcVyZ.png

m0NwCFY.png

The were rats aren't fun, either

c49kvq6.png

Rock sprite, I think. A shitty ore golem knock-off.

Just look at this layout :argh:

jvQi5MZ.png

And what the hell is this thing?

Q6PPyLq.png

KLy8MBW.png

eadxm4J.png

'Seething mass' It sure made the masses seethe.

You do get some nice gauntlets as reward if you take him out, though

63hsOO9.png

We soon realize that we are not the only looters in this place: bodies of other adventurers are scattered around the place

3lH1Q0M.png

They have notes on them

Mslh6xZ.png

G.L.? Hmm. They're searching for the 'target'. Who is it? What do they want?

SqgjtjK.png

They're failing, it seems.

On the next level are living quarters and an indoor garden, of sorts

KSMJLhd.png

xn6hq6C.png

Some of the group looking for the target are still alive and get killed in real time by were-rats as you first enter the area. There are traps all over the floor. Some of the kites who inhabit the clan's home walk over them and die.

bt2kTcm.png

VhEzo2V.png

God, this place has gone full retard.

IhNBaTQ.png

More kites. Some of them can conjure up mountain lions, so I'll give them that.

3M5CMwk.png

Didn't help them.

And here's the cherry on the cake: a yuuge hallway full of traps that will either a) kill you b) turn your armour to shit and then kill you. This is the single worst segment of the game, by far. Fortunately, there's a way to cheese it. There are scrolls of 'detect invisible traps' scattered across this level. If you engage combat mode, switch to turn-based and then use the scroll, it will function for far far longer than it usually would. All we need are 2 scrolls and we make it across.

WSnX4tP.png

And at the end stands a solitary dwarf

s7isZsP.png

TfwJFM3.png

I'm here to find the BMC

RIwDjnK.png

Who are you?

bWtStXf.png

Where is your clan?

AWraGpa.png

What are you saying?

QnSAt3j.png

You've been here for 70 years?

5hK30iq.png

Restart the conversation and squeeze some more info out of him:

k3aAuZy.png

ProXcin.png

So lets read the pillar

93dHLt5.png

JOeUCei.png

icMiTYP.png

Umyi2fZ.png

28zB0E0.png

So that's that. Troika has spared us the agony of backtracking through the mines with a generous placement of an exiting scroll

kv0d1WS.png

aah, fresh air

It's funny that the landscape around bmc is verdant, yet a random encounter 2 steps away is set in the wintry, snow swept fields befitting our northern environs.

oapy7oy.png

Looks great

Back at Tarant

v4LS58x.png

6k37it9.png

they were banished
H9bwsuu.png

irresponsible spreading of tech

wDRo57R.png

lemme guess

TOMS9GS.png

alright. what is the iod?

or6xruj.png

how do i get there?

LaVpJxa.png

is he trustworthy?

KL0NAid.png

MfNGMak.png

Before we do that, we still have Kree and Bellerogrim's Lair sitting unexplored right under our nose

Kree:

4tX3oAS.png

Straightfoward. Shitloads of barbarians stand between you and the idol. Kill em, grab the idol, retreat. Torian Kel shares a bit of his backstory with us.

q0DxREE.png

bviFCZQ.png

45O3l6V.png

dead kree barbarians are good for acquiring metallic boots, shields and barbarian armour, if you're a bit light on any of those

0lzPofO.png

Sp0R2JP.png

UyqrVgp.png

PFVVlgV.png

Is he for real?

EypeyFn.png

And last but not least, Kree is home to the altar of Shakar

7NI6YVe.png

7YBLbHO.png

That's kind of interesting. What is the altar of the orcs doing in Kree? Orcs themselves were mostly nomadic savages in the bygone eras, so it makes sense that they would be the ones to besiege and extirpate Kree. Yet their descendants are all human? Was Kree home to the orcs before the invasion?

Phew. So that's kree out of the way. Up next: Bellerogrim's Lair.

NQqMZCK.png

The burnowars, ie. the red Voltax, can conjure up fire elementals and transfigurate into some smol fire sprites ( or whatever their name is ). Don't engage them in turn based mode and it'll be easier to deal with them

2Ch7CDs.png

8sWxSI4.png

yZigrzd.png

Kraka-Tur's diary is inside

BkOXMhK.png

LR5K6ib.png

36FIH2p.png

Beta-male retreats to trans-humanism. Many such cases!

So that's that for the lair. We take the Escherian stairways down to go back up.

zKZFB3v.png

Back at Tarant

V81OZd8.png

7zhI6np.png

94mbf6Z.png

zkWDXa8.png

They have a small steam engine for sale at the sundries store. 5k!

ZJ3rori.png

Alright, let's go to Ashbury. They won't let Chaucer onto the train, so we go on foot. Hold up! What's this?

5Xe5ML6.png

65ILToc.png

Ahahah. They can't touch me, but I can touch them. With my hand cannon.

3 widowers. 3 shots. 3 kills.

6Zlfp03.png

We get back to Ashbury and go to Thorndop, the initiate of the Halcyon order. We talk to him, but no option for mastery of the firearm ever comes up. I've never played the game this far as a gunslinger, so i don't know if this is a glitch of if there is some prerequisite that is yet to be met. He tells us that he doesn't have anything to trade, though, which is a blatant lie.

BDz9DQG.png

Looking glass rifle. One of the best weapons in the game. I'd waste the fate point, but at half the speed of my hand cannon I'm not sure it's a necessity right now.

Alright Thorndop, I'll come back when I've maxed the firearm skill to see if I can get you to teach me. For now I leave you in search of Captain Teach to embark on the journey to the gulag archipelago.

Last edited:

Egosphere

Arcane
Torian Kel does actually have a lot of exposition and story. Just in different places of the game.

I won't spoil it, but if you visit ancient places he'll most likely comment on it in some form, give you information. It really humanizes his character.

Despite the reticence, he's easily my favourite companion right now. Cool back-story, decent sword-fighter etc. Back in Tarant I thought Gar would be the best, but his moralizing has proved insufferable.

Black

Arcane
I never found a way to get that magick sword in the maze.

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
the magick sword in the maze is a lie and i have hated it as long as we've been at war with eurasia :argh:

arayas i've always imagined as Tom Araya gone feral :lol:

BMC mines and the exiting scroll are a match made in hevan

barbarian armor reactions are as priceless as this game :obviously:

tHe DeClInE iN yOuR mOrAlS iS BeGiNnInG tO aLaRm Me.

KLy8MBW.png

:lol:

I KNEW SOMEONE ELSE FOUND THEM UNSETTLING

Also its hilarious seeing you find such a fortune of magical items, while playing a techie. Kinda sad too, lol

arayas i've always imagined as Tom Araya gone feral :lol:

Arraias is how we call Manta Rays in Portuguese (pronounce is different tho), so I got the connection pretty quick.

I remember reading entire threads dedicated to the extraction of the sword from the maze by the slav Arcanum community and I cannot remember a successful attempt. If the autism of slavbros was insufficient to do such a thing then I am pretty sure it is purposefully inaccessible.

Egosphere

Arcane
Also its hilarious seeing you find such a fortune of magical items, while playing a techie. Kinda sad too, lol

Heartbreaking. The first time I beat the game, I played a simple melee fighter with knowledge of blacksmithy. I played with balanced sword, then sword of defence till the mines, then pyro axe thereafter ( and had all my party equipped with nothing but war gauntlets ). Never switched weapons until the falchion in the last 20 minutes because I never found anything worth using. Now that I have a gun though...

Egosphere

Arcane
I remember reading entire threads dedicated to the extraction of the sword from the maze by the slav Arcanum community and I cannot remember a successful attempt. If the autism of slavbros was insufficient to do such a thing then I am pretty sure it is purposefully inaccessible.

So noone has been able to extract the item from the maze through file wrangling either, I take it? It's a complete mystery?

Black

Arcane
So noone has been able to extract the item from the maze through file wrangling either, I take it? It's a complete mystery?
From what I read people did that and it's an arcane sword or greatsword, decent but doesn't excuse the pain it caused through all those years.

What even are the reward incentives for tech users? Schematics and shit? It seems like you never run into those in dungeons though.

Black

Arcane
What even are the reward incentives for tech users? Schematics and shit? It seems like you never run into those in dungeons though.
You run across some good or even excellent schematics in dungeons (power armor), also ingredients.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron

Despite the reticence, he's easily my favourite companion right now. Cool back-story, decent sword-fighter etc. Back in Tarant I thought Gar would be the best, but his moralizing has proved insufferable.

Actually, it looks like you might have missed some dialogue or what not about

Kree and just before it's destruction.He talks about his ancestral sword and taking it, leaving behind his elven mistress as he prepped to fight the bane of Kree. It's in a random spot, near what is one of the last houses before the altar.

Egosphere

Arcane

Actually, it looks like you might have missed some dialogue or what not about

Kree and just before it's destruction.He talks about his ancestral sword and taking it, leaving behind his elven mistress as he prepped to fight the bane of Kree. It's in a random spot, near what is one of the last houses before the altar.

I'll return there after I wrap up the wheel clan

Egosphere

Arcane
PART XIII: THE ISLAND OF DESPAIR

6cCaC9c.jpg

We go looking for Captain Teach and promptly find him at the deck of his ship. We'll need to board a passage to the Isle of Despair to progress the story.​
adLzJpW.png

Wtrt6tF.png

U36o9IY.png

Here comes a big loredump

Tell me of Ashbury

P0osGZW.png

What about your boat?

WLY0sOS.png

where did you get it?

co5adSz.png

You can trust me

CNtct6K.png

1HmMkPv.png

hZbYsen.png

C7pxLCM.png

HFe7nRq.png

MjSmTDt.png

wlVQl6D.png

gw62jtX.png

4qnAAw1.png

PDKA1uy.png

2spooky4me

noXtWWf.png

Where do you sail, cap'n?

jlx9DJg.png

most beautiful place you've visited?

Ecrm6dz.png

greatest adventure?

sSolIEg.png

O9p7g3f.png

furthest you've sailed?

CJvceiZ.png

worst storm you've endured?

sekIlYU.png

Bates sent me

uiOokOj.png

sdzKWJQ.png

And here we are..

mXpyWIj.png

You can travel on the island in the same manner as you traverse the mainland

KEJtcyi.png

There's a primitive wooden fortress not far off, with a solitary guard by the gates. He has never heard of any dwarf clans, though.

k3Jcc7e.png

QPPiAlw.png

HQgXHy2.png

kz4dAaT.png

huTGw6I.png

I'll kill him for you

tiGeozX.png

Look at your map and you'll see the tracks north of the compound

FaKnTqc.png

SwgD2C3.png

wGVn1gB.png

We follow him to an abandoned building.

qS0LNFv.jpg

and kill the poor schmuck

fsT82Ww.png

wMVxPZL.png

4sjh2Bv.png

unidentified fancy amulet

The compound is swarming with men that straggle from one building to another. A woman in a green dress catches our eye. She's the only woman in the streets.

zxWjhlQ.png

Scandalous! You've been here your whole life?

x0YcaY5.png

Speak with Thorvald, perhaps?

VApdeeS.png

what can be done?

nm7eXKh.png

what can I do?

dnDw1YD.png

alright, ill do it

rk6Jevd.png

how do you know all this?

rbkudc5.png

why dont you leave?

lvawvH4.png

On the other side of this jerry-built settlement is a peddler of moonshine

n4VLBfp.png

ZNolDsK.png

aah, Island of despair is just tim cain trolling the irish :lol:

Yw4ht6b.png

8pyi6VR.png

i'll do it

YoOYFRM.png

I'll do so

1iKmOwr.png

Let's pick up our 3rd quest before leaving the compound. Jones the Collector is to the north east.

4joH0H3.png

jKdGqiE.png

mHLJUra.png

r0rarPE.png

it's a possibility

WJFdgLq.png

strange? What's down there?

aoWFO3C.png

what do i get for going down there?

xfDLTl9.png

aZRYKST.png

Alright, so we have to visit the empowered women, bring Max his moonshine and collect the garbage from the beach.

Before we leave, we run into some guy beside a large pit just outside the collector's.

w0VBp1G.png

I don't mean to bother. Who are you?

pd4ZkD9.png

My patience runs thin, boomer.

jZR8e6L.png

what's the pit?

Pjic4TH.png

who are you, anyways?

coGyPYt.png

ever seen any dwarves?

yMcX9IA.png

What about thorvald?

87QceA9.png

Alright, let's get down and dirty with the quests.

tlykESq.png

First up is Max. What first appeared a minor fedex filler subplot turns into quite the story.

6fgAB6Y.png

vgaAz30.png

Who are you and why are you here?

YBxckxZ.png

Every man has his secrets. Believe me, I understand.

DCgeB5b.png

tell me of yourself

79cSGsV.png

(tell him your tale)

NMLX2SK.png

Virtue and valor allow me to act in no other way

Z73REuq.png

WCHjSeu.png

I've been there

by5NQ3W.png

Cumbria falls far from what you describe

8RrO10B.png

what happened?

kGcbfYb.png

PSh0VQ8.png

RcOmn39.png

bgQ6bmS.png

QEjuGPI.png

gEiHDL7.png

Wasn't the older son the rightful heir?

Uvspfcr.png

The older son...by the Gods!

8m3Q6t1.png

I have no words

t6oSQ4k.png

Perhaps I could bring you home?

VcBsWFk.png

The kingdom still needs you

ez6JPF2.png

It's not too late

zHEh5ow.png

I know of Warren Del Par

yKrGPsW.png

NIgy8du.png

I will

2Adv95S.png

Interesting that he has acquired a barbarian blade in his prolonged stay on the island

teYXNth.png

Next up is the beach

MMBUVt5.png

sjfNg9i.png

aBf5vQd.png

seFGDQQ.png

Dread spider blends in well with the surroundings.

And here is the strange thing that had so greatly agitated the collector

ydbQ9wv.png

A steampunk submarine in the shape of a fish? Who built it? Where did it come from?

One thing is for certain, though: the dwarves weren't the first to reach the technological revolution. Somebody has beat them to it ( and by quite a mile, too )

There are ancient parts and schematics scattered across the remnants. The very first schematic we pick up partially answers our questions.

SCVhjWQ.png

Vendigroth: the land in the north east of Arcanum which our map describes as 'The Wastes'

There's more stuff to pick up

S5g4UEO.png

njr0pFN.png

Keeping that in mind, we go to the feminist camp. Oh fook, I forgot to put on the white scarf!

wsg9Ihr.jpg

ffs. Reload.

dVoYjH2.png

pf5Yznn.png

Who u calling boy?

wYxHGk8.png

9xaC3kA.png

It's an exclusive, privileged club

So you're gonna leave her?

oPGaa6i.png

'wasteland' they say, standing in the one place that's lush with vegetation

so you don't care that she's suffering?

o2rXT6J.png

charging the gates with the pistol is suicide

uTGyxNc.png

IQF2eUQ.png

:lol::roll:

Back we go to the camp. Hey, collector!

3JG8ito.png

we get the ancient gun chassis in exchange

TVNqU9z.png

Let's visit thorvald

SwHjAOD.png

PIXaxtA.png

you're very articulate for an ogre

ExYsBtJ.png

H3aqSwQ.png

2b7h1w4.png

ZMylEcZ.png

many city gnomes use half ogre servants

yqbcbte.png

DoOvMO6.png

MgjHt03.png

9Ru44ly.png

UPiC8KL.png

VV52FYF.png

L1mFMTb.png

jZQb0P6.png

l4WGMD1.png

you appreciate books?

pa3BqXS.png

OOAYbwM.png

J4Qv5hW.png

You must see I'm not a commoner!

BBhLKFr.png

That pit fight is pointless

rcnuBTN.png

:salute:

Who's the lady in the painting, dwarf?

2prbUav.png

irvcTvp.png

where's thorvald?

ICzS9Ze.png

you're the only dwarf on the island?

tIbIdpL.png

unjustly?

sQeucgo.png

what happened?

rcFSrxJ.png

but your clan was banished for sharing technology?

N65yfyc.png

ATz24bb.png

bF6hyrP.png

their mines are deserted

G7xrMIA.png

they were banished here by the order of the wheel clan

TPmw0Xr.png

NmJqNmf.png

oaV9h5y.png

AUs4WG0.png

aUH0VfQ.png

LCzTTyf.png

xWhyazd.png

I get you off the island, you get me into the clan. Deal?

tu1ZxhT.png

RlCIO3p.png

then come with me and they'll let us pass

AiBsuW9.png

ARE YOU A DWARF OR A GNOME GODDAMIT. COME ON!

YLSKPN3.png

We might as well take cynthia with us

IRsWSUQ.png

Ogf1txJ.png

Let me help you, then

XIN9fhT.png

follow me and here's the pistol

Here's the receipt, moonshine man

nod0qOq.png

e2y1IuQ.png

4wJmk9W.png

Who the hell are the dead bodies, captain?

cEbWKAf.png

mp5NvK6.png

7oyRukJ.png

And so we leave the camp, all 7 of us, never to see this place again.

Tropical island: check
Women: check
Booze: check

What do you do? Oh I know, let's start a fight club at the bottom of some shitty crater!

suKfavQ.png

Sad to see this paradise so dysfunctional, but what can ya do?

We arrive in Ashbury by night. Cynthia leaves the party after a heartfelt thanks.

TqT76aj.png

the magical necklace is for poison healing

rt3lhl3.png

We leave ashbury and march across the continent towards the wheel clan. It is here that our nemesis shows his hand, appearing before us in ethereal form!

yXGuZ8y.png

Db8qdeuUwAAnAmg.jpg

His voice echoes from another plane of existence, nicely complimenting the ghostly form

ySzhOgZ.png

Arronax!

xRoSMuX.png

YoyZhIP.png

Face me as a warrior!

nschu28.png

Fugg

jut9QG0.png

So Arronax is coming back. Judging by his abilities in his current state, he will easily wreck arcanum when he does. We'd better expedite!

Grabbing Thorvald's green glasses, the wheel clan opens its door to us

wGKQE8Q.png

ekdNZFb.png

XSRwbaW.png

Thorvald is reunited with his clan and leaves the party

uJVtiwo.png

Goodbye, Thorvald!

That's it for today. Next up: we tackle the wheel clan and do a few more side quests

Last edited:

Egosphere

Arcane
Torian Kel left the party because my alignment became too high. I was running around trying to find evil things to do, but I've decided to reload and restart the dwarf mines. I'll get their king back and go straight to stillwater, without hunting the crystal spider or getting the toy train etc.

Edit: On the other hand I'll miss out on a shitload of content. Will he stay where he left the party indefinitely? I might eventually return and recruit him once I'm back at negative alignment.

Last edited:

KickAss

Augur
Isle of Despair always reminded me of The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress. I wish it had better quests, like helping Thorvald judge someone, or a long quest for improving the life quality in the island, maybe using materials from the sub..

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom