Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arcanum Modesty Mod

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
The guy is a true Codexer at heart though with his quick with and dubious priorities.

I had not considered this.

Thus our situation is not only a dilemma but also a paradox.

Phelot

Arcane
This guy is awesome. Downloading mods to prevent inappropriate stares.

:salute:

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

This little-known gem of a game
:rage:

Do not think ill of our brother my brother! 'Tis the cruel witchery of temptation in the character creation screen that has clouded Brother Berzee's mind!

Actually I thought it sounded a bit sarcastic, though you never know. I could see him making a mod for it just out of pure public responsibility so that others are not cursed with seeing the game as it is.

Regardless, liking a shitty game is no reason to cast him out. Codex would be empty if such standards were respected. He did persevere through one of the holy trinity and is going good guns through Wiz 6, so there's hope for the man.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
You know... could you mod Planescape torment? I recommend removing the slutty images of the townswomen on the journal or/and the avatars, and maybe dress TNO permanently with the robe.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
I propose a modest variation on the Witcher sexcards that show you them with even more clothes on than they had before

I know I'd give gifts to see that kind of virtue in action

Berzee

Educated
Thank you all for the replies, and for calling me "this man" so many, many times. :D

Regarding suggestions for other games: Some games (the Witcher being one of them, I think) might have the unwanted elements so interwoven throughout, that it's a better idea for modesty enthusiasts to skip them entirely rather than attempting to mod. =P As for Torment, it's been a number of years since I played it, so I don't remember where I thought it fell on the scale. If/when I play again, I will consider...

What else? Oh yes, I think I have correctly gleaned that prosper is the name of a Person of Infamy. Now it is less confusing in some ways, being called "prosperous" (though also -- less fun?)

(offhanded note: how do you all feel about Deus Ex? I noticed there was at least one other thread here about it, but I still wasn't sure if you would find THIS relevant)

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
As for Torment, it's been a number of years since I played it, so I don't remember where I thought it fell on the scale.
I am intrigued by this.
How do you rank lack of modesty in games? What has been the most vulgar and burlesque element you've encountered in a game?

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
break this poor fellow's brian

k3jyx.jpg

bro I ain't doin that to a true gentlebro

Shadenuat

Arcane
I want to see Annah From The Shadows in a modest lady dress. Maybe give her a haircut, and a big red ribbon.

I like ribbons.

Ribbons are really cute.

hiver

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=19338

Tell me something ... why the fuck would you want to ADD more clothing to the women of Skyrim unless perhaps your some kind of a Bible thumping Armish faggot.

Skunk, everyone knows that the Amish are a plain and simple folk, and as such, they only play vanilla Skyrim.

I strongly believe that the Prime Directive should be invoked here as we fallen souls simply cannot in conscience interfere with the prosperity of this man.

:lol: :rofl: :lmao:
wipes a tear from an eye... ahhh...

Awesome, is all i have to say, awesome dear Sir. If i had a top hat i would certainly tip my brim to you, right this instant.

Phelot

Arcane
Thank you all for the replies, and for calling me "this man" so many, many times. :D

Regarding suggestions for other games: Some games (the Witcher being one of them, I think) might have the unwanted elements so interwoven throughout, that it's a better idea for modesty enthusiasts to skip them entirely rather than attempting to mod. =P As for Torment, it's been a number of years since I played it, so I don't remember where I thought it fell on the scale. If/when I play again, I will consider...

What else? Oh yes, I think I have correctly gleaned that prosper is the name of a Person of Infamy. Now it is less confusing in some ways, being called "prosperous" (though also -- less fun?)

(offhanded note: how do you all feel about Deus Ex? I noticed there was at least one other thread here about it, but I still wasn't sure if you would find THIS relevant)

Torment had female sprites with disproportionately large breasts that were typically bare (though did not show anything that would make it X rated) come to think of it, all the females except for the older women (Mebbeth, Ravel) showed a lot of skin, so your task would be arduous. The lower class (spike armor) townswoman is the greatest offender. You could probably just do away with their journal entries and it would be a great improvement.

Deus Ex had fairly proportioned females, though a bit on the larger side, breast wise. Generally speaking, they all have the same model. Many of the skins are skimpy, about half. Personally, you could probably get away with just a few touch ups. I think nipples are graphically depicted on a few skins. Also, there is one or more sound effects of people being intimate in the hotel in NYC. It should be simple to remove that.

Bloodlines would be extremely difficult to make modest. The game is built around sex. There is a code that supposedly increases the female's breast size though I've never used it. The "jiggle" effect would be easy enough to remove, and a few skin touch ups should take care of the rest. You might want to contact the modder "Tessera" since he is a pretty good skinner and a reasonable person.

Morrowind is fairly modest vanilla, but I would recommend changing the undergarments to cover more of the chest and belly section.

Hope that helps.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
I propose a modest variation on the Witcher sexcards that show you them with even more clothes on than they had before

I know I'd give gifts to see that kind of virtue in action

Berzee's upstanding moral nature has truly inspired me. I've extracted the .dds files for the immodest 'sex cards' the dirty-minded potatos at CDProjekt decided to put in the game. Sadly I do not have the time to replace immodest dialogue or gameplay, but I hope giving the women some more respectable clothing will help.

I've only altered a few so far, but here is a small preview of what can be expected in the 'Witcher Sex Card Modesty Mod':

The Peasant women now have stylish piano key sweaters (which I imagine would be common among the peasantfolk) and significantly longer dresses to preserve their modesty. However, a seductive tone is preserved by the position of the piano keys on the torso, as if underlining her feminine virtues, albeit in a more polite way. Wooo-whee, that's pretty risque!

hBOzE.jpg

Princess Adda is not a very modest girl in the game. Because of this, I couldn't help but have a little fun at her expense. I got her some better clothes... but they're clown clothes! I bet this will give people a chuckle when they open up their collection of sex cards. Laughter is so much better than lewdness!

DJY9j.jpg

Since Triss is the main love interest, it only seemed right that she gets the most modest clothing! Also, as a sorceress, she seems pretty exotic, so foreign clothing fits well. Clothing doesn't come more foreign or more modest than a burqa! Like any truly virtuous woman, Triss remains politely dressed even in the bath. Maybe it's a waterproof burqa, or she uses magic!

fuj3F.jpg

I will continue to work on this mod, though it is slow going. After all, it takes serious thought and research to decide what type of clothing best fits the character and personality of the woman in question. I strive to stay true to the Witcher universe with my mod, just a more modest and polite Witcher universe!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom