Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arcanum Arcanum Multiverse Edition

OracleX

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I wouldn't mind seeing the official modules added to the main game. would it dis balance the game? yes. but playing it so many times, I really don't care. the mod aWIP inserted the lost dungeon which was quite impressive work. I rather play that over multiverse honestly

Last edited:

kasapnecmi

Literate
Does this edition integrate 127 character levels?
Yes it does.

Second bug, and the most annoying one I faced is when you load a game, most of the time the reactions of other people get assigned a stupid number, something like 182371928731(love). This wouldn't be such a big deal, if only that number occasionally didn't become a negative number (looks like an unsigned integer issue caused by a script). So, there were a lot of times where as soon as I load the game, everyone around me including my own companions had a reaction like -123124214(hatred) against me and attacked me straight away. The only resolution for that I could find was reloading the same save game, and hoping it would fix itself. Sometimes when I reload, only some of my followers would attack, the rest would have normal reactions. So, reloading worked eventually, but sometimes took 10-20 times of reloading and sometimes needed me to exit the game and enter it again. It wasn't gamebreaking, but it was tedious from time to time.
About this bug, I found a workaround on reddit. This bug is said to happen only when running the game at a resolution of 1600x1200 or above. So, I'm trying with a lower resolution now. Just started a new playthrough, seems to be working fine so far.

And, I would still continue playing the game with Multiverse Edition, even if there wasn't a workaround. I think it's a great project.

kasapnecmi

Literate
I'm not sure if anyone is interested, but I will still write about my playthrough in case it helps anyone.

Playing the game on 1600x1200 resolution fixed the negative reactions bug I mentioned, strange that it's related to resolution but it's what it is. That was an annoying bug, so it's good to be able to play without this bug.

As I mentioned earlier, I started my second playthrough using the latest Multiverse 1.4.0.2 version again and as an Evil Elven Mage. The game went really well till I tried to join the Dark Elves, at which point I was already level 44. However, the quest to join dark elves involves 'Kill all the inhabitants of Stillwater' quest. I've killed all of them many times, tried over and over again but the game just doesn't recognize that all of them are dead. In case someone says 'You probably forgot some NPC somewhere', I will list everyone I killed so that we can make sure it's not me who missed someone. General goods gnome merchant, all the nobodies in the pub, half orc beggar outside the pub, everyone inside the inn, all 4 guards in town, priestess in the temple, blacksmith Richard Leeks, dodge master Adkin, local mage Cyrus, ruby admirer Gildor Nightwalk, the statue thief Marley, the smartass elf Myrth, crazy rabbit hunter Stanley Hippington, the ogre Drog Black Tooth, and even the purple rabbit in the lair. There's not a single living soul in the city.

I googled a lot but seems like nobody else faced this issue, or nobody bothered to write about it. I thought maybe it was related to my save game, because I had already killed Myrth and Marley much earlier, maybe they were the problem. So I thought, if I could kill everyone with my previous savegame from my previous playthrough, and compare the values in the savegames before and after the killing via the Hex Editor, then I could understand which values refer to the killing and getting the 'Butcher of Stillwater' reputation. So I did that, and because I was good aligned in my previous one, everybody was alive and in the city, including Adkin. Unfortunately, after killing everyone again, nothing changed, I still didn't get that reputation and didn't earn the fate point from killing everyone.

As this is the only way to join the Dark Elves and continue with the evil path, I decided to give up and left the game at this point. I'm writing this to in case anyone else will be thinking about playing the evil path using Multiverse edition.

Considering the project seems to be abandoned, maybe you guys were right, maybe I should have played without the Multiverse Edition. Anyway, I played too much Arcanum recently. I guess it's time for a Baldur's Gate playthrough :)

Honestly that sounds worse than playing it with just the official patch.
there are many 'original version' game bugs fixed in multiverse edition (I reported many of them) and to be honest your post is a bit disrespectful for all the work they've done. Especially because as soon as I or anyone reported a bug, they would just fix it if they had the chance.

And....
> the reaction bug is due to resolution.
> The background issue is easily "avoidable".
> The ending will be probably fixed.

kasapnecmi Do you have a savegame before going to stillwater? I mean a savegame where you just accepted the quest. If yes, try to kill once again all of stillwater and then, if it doesn't work, publish your savegame.

The russian stuff at the end is probably leftover. Have you actually changed the cinematic setting from russian to English?

Let's just hope Macbeth comes back. By the way, Macbeth, how is Sem going?

Last edited:

kasapnecmi

Literate
kasapnecmi Do you have a savegame before going to stillwater? I mean a savegame where you just accepted the quest. If yes, try to kill once again all of stillwater and then, if it doesn't work, publish your savegame.
I have a lot of savegames, and tried many times from different points of time back. I've uploaded 2 savegames, 1 from just before taking the dark elf quest and 1 right after having killed everyone in Stillwater: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1MXg3j6aZWD23Bi11jAzKd-ly4793mwbO

Honestly, I wouldn't mind at all 'bad' opinions if one actually played it.

I just find silly that people actually come here suggesting to use Drog's version when it is actually far from perfect. Especially because he planned to release a 2.0 patch and he got sick of it before completing it.

So it's not like the game is actually bugless with Drog.

By the way, @ kasapnecmi
I've also checked the background stuff and I do not have any crash when I scroll left for the last background while creating character.

For the final videos in Russian I can't check now.

Edit: I seem to remember they added new backgrounds. Am I wrong or these are nowhere to be found, right now? o.o

Last edited:

kasapnecmi

Literate
I think the background crash happens when you select the additional backgrounds options in installation settings. So, if you don't select that setting during installing the game, you probably won't get the crash.

Macbeth

Scholar
Update 3 for RePack v1.4.0.x.

What's new (common/ENG):

▪ RePack fixes:

√ Corrections in English texts.

√ Fixed playback of the Russian voice acting endings in the English version.

√ Noise Maker Decoy now works properly and is put on sale to inventors.

▪ Updates fixes:

√ Fixed issues in structure of backgrounds in English version of the game:

- Fixed crashes when switching between some of the backgrounds.

- Fixed crash after returning to the main menu of the game.

▪ Original game fixes:

√ Fixed Vollinger's resurrection error (instead of resurrection, a replica of his spirit was displayed above the body).

▪ Other gameplay modifications:

√ Strength of several NPCs was increased according to the Strength requirements of their weapons.

√ Parameters of Alexander the Acolyte were changed:

- Stats were decreased regarding to the initial 20.

- Melee and Dodge skills were increased from 0 to 20.

√ Damadge of the Hand Cannon increased from 5-20 to 5-35.

Compatibility:

▪ The current update is fully compatible with saves from version 1.4.0.x.

▪ Delete temporary files prior to launching the game to activate a part of preferences (checkbox “Delete Temporary Files” in the configurator).

Have a nice game!

kasapnecmi

Literate
Wow, that's awesome Macbeth. Great to hear that the project is still alive. Thanks a lot for the update.

Just one question. Is the Joining Dark Elves - Stillwater killing quest being looked at too? Based on the 2 times I played Multiverse, that is the only major bug that remains, and unfortunately it prevents going forward in the evil path.

Cheers

Macbeth

Scholar
Wow, that's awesome Macbeth. Great to hear that the project is still alive. Thanks a lot for the update.

Just one question. Is the Joining Dark Elves - Stillwater killing quest being looked at too? Based on the 2 times I played Multiverse, that is the only major bug that remains, and unfortunately it prevents going forward in the evil path.

Cheers
Could you please repeat, what is the problem with this quest? We'll check.

Macbeth The issue Kasapnecmi has with stillwater is the following:

if you join the dark elves, you get assigned the mission of cleansing the town of stillwater: but Killing all of the npcs there won't make you advance the quest. That's the issue: He published two savegames above.

By the way, Kasapnecmi, the bug is "new". I did an evil path before and I had no issue. Tested your savegames and the issue is definitely there.

I also found another bug while playing with your savegame: the animation for the guards didn't properly fire up and they died while standing still. The issue happened while playing in turn mode.
Savegame here: https://ufile.io/5wd7k

Last edited:

Macbeth

Scholar
Fixed in update #2.

√ Excluded issue with the failure of the quest "Butcher of Stillwater", which arose due to another script editing.

kasapnecmi

Literate
Fixed in update #2.

√ Excluded issue with the failure of the quest "Butcher of Stillwater", which arose due to another script editing.

As Anomander Rake said, it is still not fixed unfortunately. I played the game with update #2.

Macbeth

Scholar
Preliminary list of improvements planned for release in version 1.4.1.0.

▪ Fix pre-install of level cap through installer. Now it is only possible through manual installation from the folder where the game is installed.
▪ Changes in the structure of game archives (for ease of packaging and compatibility of our projects).
▪ Change the standard NPC's ages.
▪ Finalization of early changes in Mapper's Mod (fixes in the design of locations).
▪ Adding the original location "Scientists' Dungeon" (taking into account the filling of empty containers).
▪ Additional distribution of items for NPC.
▪ Hiding objects-awards at the stages of completing quests (excluding the possibility of theft of objects obtained for completing quests).
▪ Updating the appearance of objects lying on the ground (from Arcanum Total Rebalance mod).

Macbeth

Scholar
Gar is a human. Why should he has strength of an orc?
Getting levels, he increases his strength up to 19.

Last edited:

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Because he has an Orc's body goddammit. He may have parents and grandparents that are humans, but that body comes with benefits. The strength of an Orc should be one. His race can still be human, but a special bonus to strength/con should be something he gets.

Macbeth

Scholar
Update 4 for RePack v1.4.0.x.

What's new (common):

▪ RePack fixes:
√ Fixed Dresser name in Thorvald's house. Before, its name was Soft Bed.
√ Fixed script error in Butcher of Stillwater quest. Now it is possible to complete it.
▪ Other gameplay modifications:
√ Mysterious Gem now has its own unique art-file. Before it looks like Rough-Cut Diamond.

Compatibility:

▪ The current update is fully compatible with saves from version 1.4.0.x.
▪ Delete temporary files prior to launching the game to activate a part of preferences (checkbox “Delete Temporary Files” in the configurator).

Have a nice game!

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom