Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arcanum Arcanum Multiverse Edition

Edija

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I had a similar bug in Shrouded Hills with the disposition going insanely high after giving a beggar some gold. I was a Dwarf.

Macbeth

Scholar
Yes, this happens only with this particular beggar. He was restored from resources of the game by our team. We'll think about this situation again.

1) Please, give the chance to edit effects.mes by adding a button on the launcher. I want to change Velorien's blessing.

2) Can you add a tweak to uncap Ogre Attributes? I want to reach intelligence 20.

3) [BUG] In Tarant, near the station, there is that grandma that tries to pickpocket you. Issue is that if she fails pickpocketing, the guards will attack you instead of her. Is it possible to make the guards attack her on a failed attempt, instead of the player?

4) Add the Virgil debug menu amongst the tweaks. If possible, add a button to get tech items.

5) Is there any way you could make the stats menu bigger? This is especially important, I'm becoming blind.

Last edited:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Is there a way to disable the magical buff sound fx while active?
I keep hearing the repeated Fwooosh fwooosh sound when the Agility of Fire spell is active.
It's really annoying.

Macbeth

Scholar
3) [BUG] In Tarant, near the station, there is that grandma that tries to pickpocket you. Issue is that if she fails pickpocketing, the guards will attack you instead of her. Is it possible to make the guards attack her on a failed attempt, instead of the player?
We're working on this.

As for the other requests, I suppose we cannot help you. Stats menu as far as I know is incide exe-file, which we'd prefer not to touch. Other stuff - are tweeks. We're not trying to make game easer for the players. Also it's not so easy to make all such requests optional. Other players may not like them.
We're focusing on bugs, unlogic things and visual improvements (lost items, incorrect parameters of NPCs and so on).

We're working on this.

As for the other requests, I suppose we cannot help you. Stats menu as far as I know is incide exe-file, which we'd prefer not to touch. Other stuff - are tweeks. We're not trying to make game easer for the players. Also it's not so easy to make all such requests optional. Other players may not like them.
We're focusing on bugs, unlogic things and visual improvements (lost items, incorrect parameters of NPCs and so on).

1) Honestly, I don't even know if it is a true bug. Maybe you should leave it like that... The only silly thing is that as soon as she pickpockets your companions, if they catch her they will start attacking her.

It should go like that:
> either she fails and gets nothing, and companions do not attack
> she succeeds and no attack happens as well

Can you let us know how you're going to fix it?

2) is there an editor you can recommend to tweak savegames?
3) where is effect.mes?

Last edited:

.Pixote.

Augur
Has anyone any bugs to report?

The launcher wouldn't run properly...it was running in the background and couldn't be forced quit with the task manager. It worked the first time I installed, next day the issue arouse.

If I tried to run the launcher again while it ran in the background I got a popup windows telling me the launcher was being accessed by another program. I ended up uninstalling the software, and even then the Arcanum exe and launcher were still being "accessed by another program"...and wouldn't allow me to do a soft restart of the computer.

Just to let you know I'm running windows XP.

Macbeth

Scholar
1) Honestly, I don't even know if it is a true bug. Maybe you should leave it like that... The only silly thing is that as soon as she pickpockets your companions, if they catch her they will start attacking her.
There will not be any attack in any cases. It's the center of the biggest town, guards are all around. It looks silly. This'll be remade.
We have some options, but as soon as we decide, I describe here how it will be.

3) where is effect.mes?
In Arcanum4.DAT. Unpack using DATBuilder, move effect.mes to data/rules foulder and change as you wish. But please if you change it don't write here about bugs.

The launcher wouldn't run properly.
We'll think about it...

Shadenuat

Arcane
Massive bugs with reputation, you never know if your 21456235 companions would turn into -21456235 ones, sometimes just random rep changes on the street, frequent crashes (fixed by starting new game and loading old game from already running new game), something off with melee combat and enemy resistances... yeah, Arcanum code, don't mess with it, it's like a tower made of wine glasses. The advantages gained are pretty minor in comparison. I'd say run vanilla with hd mod on 3:4 monitor borrowed somewhere.

Last edited:

sagat91

Novice
sagat91, are you kiddin'? That is not possible.
unfortunately I am not kidding :(
I installed new patch and made new game and no ring was at my Inventory.
I also made 2 more new games to be sure and unfortunately same problem
and no the extra dead trees had nothing to do with it^^
pic:

A nice idea would be if it gives dead trees (similar with my pic) where the blimb and Ogre crashed. What do you think about it?

Shadenuat

Arcane
The biggest advantages are what seems more accurate working of magickal and tech aptitude for items and enemies and that you now spawn on other side of the bridge in Tarant. Worth it for what it seems a version buggier than usual? Not sure.

Shadenuat,
I doubt your words. And I have ideas who you are and why you disinform people.
I am the person who played with mod up to Tulla, because when I get sick I play Arcanum.

In Arcanum4.DAT. Unpack using DATBuilder, move effect.mes to data/rules foulder and change as you wish. But please if you change it don't write here about bugs.
Thanks. Can I just change it whenever I want, or should I just tweak it before starting a new game?

2) Do you know any editor I could be using instead of having to tweak effect.mes? I tried to use Arcanum character editor but it bugs out with the savegames from multiverse edition.

Last edited:

Macbeth

Scholar
sagat91,
Your screen shows nothing to me. The ring is already in inventory when player can move the character first time. So even a savegame will not be an evidence.
No one ever reported about it, although it in the beginning of the game.
If is it true the only reason I see in incorrect installation on the clean game or you are using another mods.
By the way, there are strange trees on your screen. We don't have them.

Shadenuat,
Play GoG. Up to you. You didn't pay for AME.
We have only one report about it several days ago in Russian forum. Looks suspiciously.

Thanks. Can I just change it whenever I want, or should I just tweak it before starting a new game?
If you had been already blessed, then you will not change blessing effect. But if you modify effect.mes prior to blessing you don't need to start a new game.

Last edited:

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Macbeth
Tried your multiverse mod yesterday, i'm not sure how the auto-leveling option works in the installer, i think i didn't check it and yet, followers do auto-level, is it the other way around ?

I guess i have to uninstall and re-install to change it ?

I can't play on auto-leveling as i'm trying an all gunslinger playthrough.

Macbeth

Scholar
If one makes a false bug report, best course of action is clicking the ignore button instead of trying to listen to him and actually lose valuable time.
Yes, but may be he really needs help. I'm not sure that he is a troll. Everyone make mistakes.

I guess i have to uninstall and re-install to change it ?
Activate the box and reinstall the game.

Efe

Erudite
so.. what do you need to run this?
1- install arcanum gog
2- install muliverse edition
doesnt start?
looks like launcher is stuck trying to create arcanum.exe?
launcher keeps lowering resolution and setting it back up in a loop.
just clicking arcanum.exe work but no intro etc isnt working?

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron
Hey, hey. I know 2+2 = 4 ok.
But this action is supposed to give +3 disposition from giving 10 gold.
I tried it from a reload and it went properly this time.

From Virgil's 62 (Courteous) and BECAME -1753818145 (Hatred) must be some kind of glitch. Like I said, I cannot recreate it after reloading.
I am on my virgin run through of Arcanum (currently in Ashbury) and I sometimes have the same issue when loading. Everyones reaction score freaks the fuck out becomes like enormously high. Then they turn tsundere and try to kill you

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom