Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arcanum: The Lost Dungeon of Souls Not a Hoax afterall!!!

OracleX

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Hello,

Seeing that many arcanum fans are reading Drogs patch thread made me realize that this might be the best place for this topic.

I wanted to see if anybody here has some information on some kind off rare official bonus disk called : The Lost Dungeon of Souls Scenario.

Does it even exist? Is it all just a hoax? What do you guys know about this.

please check this topic for more information (like a picture of the disk it seems)

http://www.terra-arcanum.com/phpBB/view ... 3&start=50

EDIT: Arcanum: The Lost Dungeon of Souls Not a Hoax afterall!!!

LINKS
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8K0B2DCD
mirror:
http://www.mediafire.com/?vddd0ormc1w

arcanumlostsoulscdzi7.jpg

All thanks to Bruticis!!

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
I followed Arcanum for quite awhile before and after it's release. Never did I hear anything conclusive about it. I'd say it is a hoax or just those few small scenario's that were on the games website.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Even for a game titled Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura, The Lost Dungeon of Souls Scenario is just too unwieldy a title to be true.

Keldorn

Scholar
One of the best genuine crpgs in history, and the respective mod / expansion scene is so deficient.

If there were any intellectual and artistic justice in the crpg marketplace, there would be Arcanum 3 and PS:T 4 by now.... plus 100's of mods...

Seboss

Liturgist
DarkUnderlord said:
http://www.terra-arcanum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=14553
I won't even bother to read the thread. Just look at the day it was posted :roll:

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Thanks! Now lets see if this exe will turn my pc in a shit infested typhoid mary or wether it will actually add that scenario. :D

EDIT: Came out clean with AVG. It installed a new dungeon and quest in the game. Looks like a small dungeon crawler. I'm amazed that I never saw or heard from this bonus thing before, thanks for the upload!

Quilty

Magister
Could someone please give a brief review of this, maybe just say what the writing and the plot is like?

Texas Red

Whiner
But what about the module? I made a thread about it but nobody really answered.

I was almost sure this was a hoax. Well, at least it's available now.
It's really strange that nobody knew anything about this though.

Unradscorpion

Arbiter
Keldorn said:
If there were any intellectual and artistic justice in the crpg marketplace, there would be Arcanum 3 and PS:T 4 by now.... plus 100's of mods...
Hell no, why would we want to see beloved games killed by repetitiveness?
Artistic/intellectual juices would bring us more original titles with original settings not more of the same (unlike curative fluids).

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Since it's a real mod , you should put the download links in your first post OracleX.

Dark Individual said:

nono..the thing you were asking about was Vormantown. That's the module that's included with arcanum. (it's ok). This one we're talking about now was a dungeon that came on a different disc and we all thought it was a hoax until now.

Texas Red

Whiner
Shota Shernokavich said:
Dark Individual said:

nono..the thing you were asking about was Vormantown. That's the module that's included with arcanum. (it's ok). This one we're talking about now was a dungeon that came on a different disc and we all thought it was a hoax until now.

Yes I know. Can you say anything about this Vormantown?

Chefe

Erudite
Thanks for the download link. I wonder why this is so rare. It has a really good dungeon, and Virgil has all new dialog.

When playing, it is sort of obvious that the mod was made for the multi-player aspect of the game. All the NPC's in the starting town are level 50 for example, and the critters are pretty hard to take on single-handedly. There are about 3 "main" questlines, with two of them being quite shallow. If you liked Arcanum, then you might enjoy it. I would reccomend playing around with it for 15 mins, then deciding whether to continue or just quit game.

edit: im talking about vormantown here, not LDOS

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom