Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arcanum Arcanum Unofficial patch 2.0 released! (UPDATE)

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Meanwhile, i started to replay it, found a bug with workers on strike in Tarant not being where they should be after i get the quest (workers on strike to get to Bastien) so i just talked my way in.

The game is way harder than i remember when you only use guns early on (with only average guns) or maybe it's just me going after higher level enemies too soon (meca arachnids, the boil gangs)

I went with Sogg alone, next one probably Vollinger and maybe Bastien next, if i could use the editor, i would probably edit a voiced mage into a gunslinger/technologist to use him/her.
I am already level 40,the moment i saw this thread it became fate :). I too found a bug. If you enter baits factory at night,the thieves that want to destroy the engine are spawned and the butthurt retards end up offended and doesn't want to give you quest to steal the journal. Also after i killed baits and tried to give him the journal,he acts as if he is accepting it,but i still have it in my inventory. I also can't start the ork quest. Oh and i found the strongest enemies in the game, the skeletons archers are fucking grandmasters and shoot like 10 arrows a second. It was really comical fighting them. My main characters was running around them while my brigada was picking them one by one in melee :).

i can't attack the engine into the temple of the first village :V either i forgot some important controls or there's something wrong.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Also, Drog is a living, walking example that, should a company should Kickstart a full HD remaster of the game, they'd reach their goals rather quickly. (Un)fortunately, the only ones doing remasters, Memedog, has outright stated they've no interest in Arcanum.

No remaster is needed, UAP 1.5 (2.0 if it happens) is just fine and i can't thank the rabid dogs enough for having no interest in Arcanum, it's a blessing.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Fuck,i ended up loosing the lava stones needed for the final god circle. Does anyone knows where i could get one? I clean both the bmc and wheel clan dungeons,also the stone cutter clan and the iron clan. Is there any place i could buy it from???

Citizen

No remaster is needed, UAP 1.5 (2.0 if it happens) is just fine and i can't thank the rabid dogs enough for having no interest in Arcanum, it's a blessing.

Arcanum remake with a proper tactical combat and full party control would be the second best game evah, though

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Missed this. Neato! Been too long since I played Arcanum, maybe it'll be the first "old" title I play after Disco, Outer Worlds and Red Dead. Thanks Drog! *quiver*

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Anyone know what to do about this shit?

E9OcSvd.png

Fuck,i ended up loosing the lava stones needed for the final god circle. Does anyone knows where i could get one? I clean both the bmc and wheel clan dungeons,also the stone cutter clan and the iron clan. Is there any place i could buy it from???
Junk merchants sometimes carry them, iirc.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Arcanum remake with a proper tactical combat and full party control would be the second best game evah, though

No, because it'd lack encounter design, dungeon design isn't very good either.
A couple of dungeons are still buggy even after all the patches in the world (like the one for the throwing weapon), and we already played Arcanum too many times anyway.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

E9OcSvd.png

Maybe deinstall the whole game and then install it with the patch?

Also i fix it by downloading some inventory hack.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
So i finished the game. Shame that i don't got all the endings tho. I don't remember if that was in the game or is it a bug in the patch?

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron

E9OcSvd.png

See if you can replicate the problem - pinpoint where/what you were doing before it happened.

Otherwise, looks like a video card issue with that RGB flickering.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Patching it was the first thing I did, but aftermessing around for a while, I also did a fresh reinstall anyway, and patched it to boot: no dice.
See if you can replicate the problem - pinpoint where/what you were doing before it happened.

It happens all the time: Sometimes it's just after standing still with the screen for just a second, and other times it starts trailong after my pointer. It seems completely random. Using "-cheatmode" allows me to press 'D' twice to clear it, but I have to do it constantly. It's pretty infuriating.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Patching it was the first thing I did, but aftermessing around for a while, I also did a fresh reinstall anyway, and patched it to boot: no dice.

It happens all the time: Sometimes it's just after standing still with the screen for just a second, and other times it starts trailong after my pointer. It seems completely random. Using "-cheatmode" allows me to press 'D' twice to clear it, but I have to do it constantly. It's pretty infuriating.
I take it that the problem's name is WIN10. Try messing around with the comparability options. You could always just download the gog version,it i by far the superior one. It run fine with the patch and i didn't have any problems.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

E9OcSvd.png

Are you using a ddraw wrapper? The HighRes patch installs one by default, but it isn't the best.

I use WineD3D which seems to solve most of my graphical issues with Arcanum in W10. Download either the Vulkan version or the old OpenGL one and extract to Arcanum folder, I'd also make a backup of the original ddraw.dll.

https://fdossena.com/?p=wined3d/index.frag

Worth a shot at least.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I take it that the problem's name is WIN10. Try messing around with the comparability options. You could always just download the gog version,it i by far the superior one. It run fine with the patch and i didn't have any problems.
Nope, I'm running Windows 7, and I'm obviously running the GOG version.
rating_prestigious.png

Are you using a ddraw wrapper? The HighRes patch installs one by default, but it isn't the best.

I use WineD3D which seems to solve most of my graphical issues with Arcanum in W10. Download either the Vulkan version or the old OpenGL one and extract to Arcanum folder, I'd also make a backup of the original ddraw.dll.

Worth a shot at least.
I've been running the HighRes patch (from Drogs fanpatch) since the beginning, but when I experienced problems I did update/change to the latest (I assume) ddraw wrapper, but no dice.

I tried the Vulkan version of WineD3D and all it did was seemingly tank the entire game, causing it to practically lock up, but the Pre-Vulkan one did "solve" the issue... only to immediately cause a new one, which I suspect is just a variation of the old one - I'm not getting any odd colors or glitches in the same way, but instead it's like those same glitches causes tearing or overlap of whatever is displayed. It's hard to explain, but things are not in the places they're supposed to be.

So no dice, but thanks for the suggestions.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
rating_prestigious.png

Worth a shot at least.
I've been running the HighRes patch (from Drogs fanpatch) since the beginning, but when I experienced problems I did update/change to the latest (I assume) ddraw wrapper, but no dice.

I tried the Vulkan version of WineD3D and all it did was seemingly tank the entire game, causing it to practically lock up, but the Pre-Vulkan one did "solve" the issue... only to immediately cause a new one, which I suspect is just a variation of the old one - I'm not getting any odd colors or glitches in the same way, but instead it's like those same glitches causes tearing or overlap of whatever is displayed. It's hard to explain, but things are not in the places they're supposed to be.

Hmm. The vulkan one was causing a lockup for me if I was using the -doublebuffer switch.

If you're using them, it might be worth trying without the -no3d and -doublebuffer switches.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Hmm. The vulkan one was causing a lockup for me if I was using the -doublebuffer switch.

If you're using them, it might be worth trying without the -no3d and -doublebuffer switches.
I might actually have managed to fix it.

I got a ddraw.dll from here (based on discussion here), called DDrawCompat, switched the config.ini for the HighRes patch into Renderer = 0 (for software rendering instead of hardware) and DDrawWrapper = 0 (obviously), (re-)installed it, then removed (or rather, renamed) the existing ddraw.ini and ddraw.dll in /Arcanum/, and then dumped the DDrawCompat ddraw.dll into /Arcanum/.

It seems to have fixed it, or at least I haven't experienced it after a whole minute of playing.

If it doesn't work, I'll try to set DoubleBuffer = 0 and try the Vulkan one again.

Thanks a lot, guys, I never would've chanced across the potential solution without your input.
:brodex:

Last edited by a moderator:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
rating_prestigious.png

Worth a shot at least.

Then it must be an older version of the gog exe. They put out a patched version recently that fixed that problem. Just download the last version of the gog "1.0.7.4 hotfix" and then only the patch in the first post,no otter patches are needed. That should fix your problem. I remembered that the last time i replayed the game i had the same issue,that was a year ago. I take it that you just had an exe on your PC and just installed it :).

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Hah, I'm surprised that after so many years and so many fixes and patches, I'm still running into bugs.
If you try to join the Thieves Underground in Tarant, Thaddeus Mynor will ask you to get a map of the Sewers.

When you've stolen it (or if you, like me, had already stolen it beforehand by sheer accident and nosyness), Thaddeus Mynor will pay you 300 gp for it.

If you pickpocket him, which is ridiculously easy especially if you're already Apprentice in Pick Pocket, you can steal the map back. And immediately give it back to him for 300 gp.

Repeat as needed.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Hah, I'm surprised that after so many years and so many fixes and patches, I'm still running into bugs.
If you try to join the Thieves Underground in Tarant, Thaddeus Mynor will ask you to get a map of the Sewers.

When you've stolen it (or if you, like me, had already stolen it beforehand by sheer accident and nosyness), Thaddeus Mynor will pay you 300 gp for it.

If you pickpocket him, which is ridiculously easy especially if you're already Apprentice in Pick Pocket, you can steal the map back. And immediately give it back to him for 300 gp.

Repeat as needed.
Why would you do this?

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent

Repeat as needed.
Why would you do this?
No idea. I just stumbled upon it. Playing as a bit of a handsome devil of a half-orc thief type of spellcaster, I'm stealing everything that I come across, so obviously I'm going to pickpocket things back if I can. You never know when a map of the sewers will come in handy.

pidstuff

Educated
If you get around to re-balancing the game, maybe make, by some miracle, hybrid magitek builds viable?
Certain hybrid tech-magic builds are viable. I made a character who can build Mechanized Arachnids and is a master of Phantasm.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom