Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mod News Arcanum Unofficial Patch 1.5 Released

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
He should make the gnome quest finishable

join them and get your own breeding farm as a reward

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Now we just need someone to un-garbage the combat system—then we can transition from wishing that Arcanum was the best cRPG of all time to actually believing it.

Coping mechanisms such as downvoting anyone who points out that the combat is terrible whilst proclaiming that combat doesn't matter only go but so far.

OracleX

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
From Arcanum's Discord (yes there is one of those apparently)

"Announcement: Drog Black Tooth suddenly left the server, so unless you just wanna thank him for his past work, do not donate for the UAP 2.0 goal until this gets sorted out. Enjoy UAP 1.5 for the time being."

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
At least we know it was the real DBT.

Explain the joke please?

He usually returns, does some Arcanum work, few days later gets mad for some reason and leaves again.
Not the hero we need, but the hero we deserve. My wife has been asking me to let her play Arcanum but I've been putting it off because of the complicated installation so far. This time it's happening though, as soon as we finish Underrail Expeditions

OracleX

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Imagine he already had 1.5 finished. Asks for 500$ donations to "work" on 1.5, goal gets reached, releases patch and dips after. gg

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

Diggfinger

Arcane
Sup Drog.

Umm, why no standing sprites with weapon out? This would make melee type characters less retarded.

Also, turn based combat badly needs to initiate as soon as enemy aggros, as in Fallout 1/2, and not when you click on start combat button, or the enemy is already on you.

Indeed, if combat could be slowed down and TB-mode resemble that of Fallout the game would be perfect!
:positive:

Diggfinger

Arcane
In case you haven't read the original thread, Drog Black Tooth is still taking donations in to fund UAP 2.0 so if you have some money laying around to burn I encourage you to use it wisely and give it to Drog. Before I've posted this news fundraiser status was 510$, less than 24h later it's 595$. Don't waste this opportunity guys and
dollars.png

P.S.
I'm not Drog, Maxie is.

P.P.S.
Drog has just released a fix for GOG version of Arcanum:
http://terra-arcanum.com/drog/uap.html

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1aOmenl3iP7loOOLhlJygdK44K6zly_CQ

So that's the version to use for playing GOG version?
The 'normal' patch doesnt work for GOG???

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Some people had issues with 1.5 on win 10, obviously if you haven't intalled it yet go eith 1.5.1.

Wait, why can't I @ Drog? Was his account deleted or something? Is Goral Drog? Or merely his lover?

In any case, get the following to the Drogster himself:

Drog, how difficult would it be to mod Arcanum to support "proper" wild-west style gunslinging? Fallout 1/2 were much better suited for this, although not perfect. It seems like this was one of the intended builds for Troika, with Gunslinger perks/traits and revolvers, but the implementation was very trashy. Below is a list of features that would make this viable and cool:

- as previously mentioned, the turn based combat would have to kick in immediately upon any party starting combat (player or NPC)
- I don't know if Arcanum has some sort of initiative system to determine who goes first, but basically if it does, introduce some Quick Draw type perks for the player to increase this, and ensure you go first. These should only work with revolvers (quick drawing rifles and machine guns is stupid)
- introduce more powerful and thematic revolvers. The default revolver is too weak, and that late game vandigrath pistol you get doesn't look like cowboy type gun. It can use the same in-game model/animation as the revolver, but the inventory image can be replaced. There were tons of beautiful revolvers around mid-late 19th century (e.g. Colt Single Action Army, Remington 1858, etc) so finding such images online should be easy enough.
- introduce some kind of locational damage system, Arcanum already has that aimed shot thing, but something more elaborate and RPGish. For example, for high AP cost, and significantly lower to hit %, you can aim at head or hand or leg. But headshot does twice the damage, arm shot disarms, leg shot gimps movement points, etc.
- To avoid making the player OP, enemies should have access to these types of abilities and weapons as well.

So if you combine all of this, the idea is you turn Arcanum combat into tense Western style stand-offs, where a single shot can determine the outcome of a fight, once properly leveled up.

I realize this is insanely ambitious, but hey Drog, if you are bored and all (which I assume you are since you went back to modding Arcanum), why not...

Modron

Arcane
Drog self-ejected over a year ago after being temp banned for a week or something.

Black

Arcane
Pretty sure Arcanum dark elves are physically the same as slutty regular elves, it's their world view that makes them edgelords.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom