Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Archeage beta impressions

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
I got the Email saying "hey, you can play the Beta"
Did you even read the email? I guess this sentence wasn't good enough quest compass.

"The adventure begins at 10:00 AM PDT (GMT-7) on Thursday, August 14 and runs through 10:00 AM PDT (GMT-7) on Monday, August 18. Prepare today by downloading the game" etc.

And?

Serious, why bother if they arent allowing players in or having a message saying severs are not up.

1) Gives some time for people with slow connections to download the client before beta
2) It's not August 14 today so of course the servers are not up :roll:

What a weird case of whining for no reason D:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
STOP LIKING THIS GAME FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.
FOR FUCK SAKE
EMPRAHS MERCY
TITANS ANUS
BE DAMNED AND BE GONE

By the force accrued in a box of Ronaldo I summon the fowl spirits of butchered birds to curse this game and cast it into the gaping maws of failure.

Dr Tomo

Learned
Since you get around 2000 lp at day and it was 25 lp for report this would look as the game was swimming in bots that noone here noticed. Or is he talking about russian version version of the game that was infamous for poor management that allowed game to be overrun and die.
You can max out at 288 Labor Points (LP) / day as a non-patron player. You get 1 LP per 5 minutes of online time. There are 1440 minutes in a day.

To report a single bot one is spending ~10% (8.7%) of their daily LP potential. Or, put another way, 25 LP represents 125 minutes (2 hours and five minutes) of play time. For a patron player that's still 25 minutes of play time assuming the current 1 LP per minute (given as 5 LP per 5 minutes) is kept. At one point patron accounts got 10 LP per 5 minutes so 2 LP per minute. Even then that's twelve and a half minutes of playtime to report a bot.

That still makes so little sense. But if they are going to take out the LP cost for reporting that'd be good.

You get lp when offline too and there is also a max cap of lp you can accumulate.
This is inaccurate. You only get LP offline if you are a patron. That's the paid part of the game. I believe the current pricing scheme is $13 USD / month for patron status.

I was looking at this game today and the whole labor point system has me totally thrown. It looks like a badly designed and implemented paywall in an free to play MMO. Plus if I were to pony up for the premium account status I would not want to be shackled by the paywall element of the game. After all, isn't that the point of going to a premium account? To get out of the "pain of fun" element of a free to play game?

Anyway, to me everything about the system screams bots. You can use someone else's labor points to do stuff if you don't have any yourself. So make yourself a few bots to supply yourself with the points.

Idling in the game is encouraged cause of how labor points accumulate.... I think I'll try to get into a beta period and check out the game myself but my expectations and hopes are extremely low. With such low expectations the game might actually be entertaining for a few hours. Maybe my initial feelings about the labor system are unwarranted.

Makes me wonder how long before the game becomes dead because of the lp requirements. Does anyone know if this is the same feature for the Korean version? I am curious to know if it is the studio or Trion implementing this system to keep getting a consistent income after Rift and the Defiance flop.

sbb

Learned
We'll see... I saw 30 seconds of the middle of a gameplay video and some of the moving around and getting on mounts and stuff looked pretty slick. Really hope this game is good, because I wanna do all that...

Mezebriel

Novice
I felt disappointed. It looks like everything there could have been done better or like Archeage picked all bad design choices from other games.

sbb

Learned
The movement feels so terrible and slow that I couldn't get past it and quit after about six minutes.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
i guess there's always black desert. maybe that won't turn out totally shitty.

Dr Tomo

Learned
i guess there's always black desert. maybe that won't turn out totally shitty.

Well there was an announcement that they are going to localize it for the west as they see all the Jew gold they can get from how well Archeage is doing with Trion localization efforts. If we are lucky maybe they might get in touch with EA, as Bioware has good experience with mmo's.

Machine

Arbiter
Makes me wonder how long before the game becomes dead because of the lp requirements. Does anyone know if this is the same feature for the Korean version? I am curious to know if it is the studio or Trion implementing this system to keep getting a consistent income after Rift and the Defiance flop.

Afaik Korean version is 0/0 online/offline LP regen for non paying users, russians get 1 LP per 5 min online / 0 offline, so Trion version is actually most forgiving for f2pers, but LP itself isnt really bfd unless you are some sort of OCD crafter (but when koreanjews realized that they made it so opening loot at high lvls cost fucking 200 labor or smth v0v). The inability to claim land and grow stuff to craft what you need is perhaps biggest hinderance, you also cannot post anything on AH as f2p (you can buy though) and many others "lategame". Its all typical annoyances put in game to make you pay, only in this case its downright retarded decision cause it forces somebody who tries out the game free to play it as typical korean grinder with bland as fuck quests which is easily the weakest part of game. You are forced to play the game one way as f2p , and yes inb4 some fanboy apologist says YOU CAN IF YOU WILL but why bother when its such a chore.

In the end they shot themselves in the foot with adding retarded f2p restrictions that allow you to play only shittest parts of the game, this will be 100% flop, like it was elsewhere.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
To all of Erenor’s intrepid adventurers, be you fierce warriors, brave explorers, fearsome pirates, or skilled crafters: we welcome you as a member of ArcheAge’s launch community! Revealed this evening in Seattle at PAX Prime 2014 to an audience of your fellow players, Trion Worlds and XLGAMES are proud to officially announce that ArcheAge will launch on Tuesday, September 16.

open-beta.png
head-start.png
launch.png

Our road to launch starts with Open Beta commencing on Thursday, September 4 at 10:00 AM PDT and run to the same time on Monday, September 8. Open Beta will be available to all new and veteran players with no invitation required. If you’ve played during Closed Beta, your character will be waiting for you and your timers on crops and taxes will pick up right where they left off. Following Open Beta, we will be wiping all servers in preparation for ArcheAge’s Head Start, a four-day advance play window granted to all Founders. Head Start starts on Friday, September 12 at 10:00 AM PDT and culminates with ArcheAge’s official launch. All progress from Head Start will carry over to launch.

It’s important to note that this announcement does mark the end of Alpha. The Alpha and Omega servers will be permanently brought down Sunday, August 31 at 12:00 AM, but not without due fanfare. Starting this Saturday at 6:00 PM PDT, our diligent Alpha testers should check their in-game mail, keep a weather eye on the horizon, and be ready for anything…

Not yet a Founder? Claim access to Head Start and begin your adventure in ArcheAge four days early with special in-game loot! Silver, Gold, and Archeum Founder’s Packs will be available all the way through to launch on September 16. You can prepare for Open Beta now by using Glyph to update or install ArcheAge. If you have more questions about ArcheAge, please visit our updated FAQ.

Thank you for joining us on this journey, ArcheAge adventurers. The world of Erenor is about to open and we’re glad you’re here!

The ArcheAge Team

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
i'd say it was because i'm a mod and as such have to check even the shitty threads i don't like every once in a while, but that would be a lie. :negative:

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
So this mmo was smothered by Trion before it went live?
are they doing anything differently than the korean devs?

either way, that guy makes me want to punch him in the face, for some reason...

Dr Tomo

Learned
So this mmo was smothered by Trion before it went live?
are they doing anything differently than the korean devs?

either way, that guy makes me want to punch him in the face, for some reason...

Not sure, which is why I posted this and hoping someone that has followed the development of this game could explain if this guy is a retard or not and yes perfectly understandable that you want to punch him in the face.

They say greed is good, but I think it's about to fuck over Trion in a big way.
We will see as Trion some how manages to make a lot of money for itself and the shareholders like Time Warner and etc with these EA like practices.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom