Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Archimedean Dynasty Augmented Mod (1.2 on the way!)

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by spekkio, Feb 19, 2013.

1. SCO Arcane In My Safe Space

SCO
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    I wonder, those lowercases files mean that you used the windows installer instead of dosbox like me. Mmmmh.

^ Top  
  2. SCO Arcane In My Safe Space

SCO
    Hey, wait a second, is that 1.150 patch your fan patch or something else? Not exactly 1.115.

^ Top  
  3. SCO Arcane In My Safe Space

SCO
    Can you do me a small favor spekkio? Just to be sure that gog fucked with the game version they distribute and not something fucked is occurring with windows path resolution versus dosbox one:
    Search for a file named:
    we_02-1b.pcm on your cd (case irrelevant). That's one of the files that AD2.exe can't find on the cd when run from dosbox. Then for good measure search it on your install.

Never mind, i removed one from inventory and saw that indeed the gog version 'cd' is missing files (or they were renamed on purpose !?!) so the patches can't be used correctly. Thats all folks!

BTW spekkio, i had to uppercase every file in your mod to install in a case sensitive filesystem. Idk how windows behaves nowadays, but if the game is installed from dosbox all the files will be uppercase, so for things to overwrite in a case sensitive filesystem its a good idea to have the same name. I'm not a moron so this trap won't catch me, but it might others.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
    ^ Top  
  4. spekkio Arcane

spekkio
    [​IMG]

It's present in /Sfx/Snd/Vfx/

:obviously:

I don't remember how I did the patching: via Windows (XP x86) or via Dosbox. ATM patches' installers don't work (Win7 x64) but OFC can be opened by Winrar and such.
    Problem is, I was modifying folders / files using different programs / environments, so in Winrar contents of AD_Augmented_Mod_1.01.rar indeed look like this:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

:oops:

Not that anybody complained so far, which says something about loonix popularity... :lol:
    I plan to make a 1.02 soon (?), so it shouldn't be a problem to prepare an archive with uppercase-only files / directories.

[​IMG]

I grabbed the GoG version of AD out of curiosity. In before lulz.

^ Top  
  5. spekkio Arcane

spekkio

Tested setup_archimedean_dynasty_2.0.0.3.exe on Win7 x64. Problems - zero.

game.gog (more liek game.iso) isn't missing any files afaik:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My original bin+cue looks like this:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It uses some weird filesystem, though. Not regular mode1/2352 + audio (.wav), as in bin+cue:
    Code:
    FILE "Archimedean Dynasty.bin" BINARY
      TRACK 01 MODE1/2352
        INDEX 01 00:00:00
      TRACK 02 AUDIO
        PREGAP 00:02:00
        INDEX 01 63:58:31
      TRACK 03 AUDIO
        INDEX 00 67:27:63
        INDEX 01 67:29:63
      TRACK 04 AUDIO
        INDEX 00 70:40:41
        INDEX 01 70:42:41
      TRACK 05 AUDIO
        INDEX 00 72:16:18
        INDEX 01 72:18:18

But something like this (gog+ins):
    Code:
    FILE "game.gog" BINARY
      TRACK 01 MODE2/2352
    FILE "MUSIC\Track02.ogg" MP3
      TRACK 02 AUDIO
    FILE "MUSIC\Track03.ogg" MP3
      TRACK 03 AUDIO
    FILE "MUSIC\Track04.ogg" MP3
      TRACK 04 AUDIO
    FILE "MUSIC\Track05.ogg" MP3
      TRACK 05 AUDIO

The fuck is this shit? Instead of glorious 740 MB .bin you get a 656 MB .gog, but I bet it fucks something up (they had to modify the .exes for cd-audio to work, using external .ogg files?).

:?

Anyway, the GoG version uses Daum's SVN build from july 2013 :roll: and nGlide 1.03.
    dosbox_ad_single.conf points out to the ad3dfx.exe, so it's the only version "supported".

But!

By modifying dosbox_ad_single.conf, you can run both 1.115 (ad.exe):

[​IMG]

And 1.120 soft (ad2.exe) just fine:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

OFC my mod works just fine as well:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So, it's either:
    - old setup file (with broken game.gog - missing files?),
    - your belowed .ogg screwing things up in linux (unsupported format?),
    - loonix itzself.

Get yourself a proper OS for gaming. :obviously:

Show Spoiler
    :troll:

SCO

Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
    ^ Top  
  6. spekkio Arcane

spekkio
    One PROTIP.
    Since nGlide 1.02 introduced sth which broke AD, if you get flickering after using external camera (numpad):

[​IMG]

Downgrade to 1.01. Shit will work fine (as long as you disable v-sync in nGlide configurator):

[​IMG]

^ Top  
  7. Is the latest version of this mod still on ModDB? According to ModDB the mod has not been altered since 2013. But last post here is 2015.

^ Top  
  8. passerby Learned

passerby
    The last version mentioned as actually finished and released is 1.01 which is on moddb.

^ Top  
  9. spekkio Arcane

spekkio
    Light, dear mud-dwellers.

In November '18 I've started my n-th playthrough of AD. I was thinking about testing my mod once again and maybe tweaking a thing or two...

Problem is, once you get into modding, it's almost impossible to get out. :cry:

Anyway, v1.2 is on the way. So far I've dealt with first four hubs (Topo's Asylum, Atacama City, Galapagos and Neopolis). ETA of the final version: Thursday, somewhere around 2020 / 2021.

:negative:

When making the mod in 2013 I was mostly learning how stuff works, fixing most glaring errors and introducing new "unified" format to object names.

But I wasn't checking every goddamn trigger / object / dialogue, etc. And that's basically what I'm doing now, when making v1.2.

[​IMG]

Anyway, short list of changes below.

A. Global changes (open)

- All files and directories now use proper DOS 8.3 naming format system. This should fix problems reported by Linux users (Linux distinguishes between uppercase / lowercase filenames).

- Renamed all readme files using 8.3 format.

- Changed mod info in main screen (removed version).

- Intro movie ("The Prehistory") is now viewable in the Movie Player.

[​IMG]

- Renamed "Movie player" to "Cutscenes" to avoid confusion ("Movies" menu allows enabling / disabling of the "non-cutscene" ingame clips).

[​IMG]

- Tweaked help screen (expanded abbreviations, made some options more clear).

- Tweaked some descriptions in "Weapon Store" menu (longer descriptions, split into two lines).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

- Changed method of disabling the "Caution! System breakdown imminent!" audio message. Instead of replacing the audio clip (Coc09.pcm), I've disabled it in /Sfx/Snd/Smpmap.des. If you want to re-enable it, simply delete this file (so the game uses the one from CD image).

- Tweaked the ATL-Scout (Atscout.des), increasing its turn speeds and generally making it a little bit more aggressive. Originally it preferred moving around to attacking, now it should fire at enemies more often. Still, it's basic PD is so low, that making it even more aggressive would lead to this unit being a cannon fodder (too weak to survive longer exchange of fire with stronger enemies).

B. Changes to conversation files (Txt\Dia) (open)

- Reintroduced old ranks for Akira & Cox (generals) and Lopez (major). Let's not mess with the lore...

- Checked and tweaked conversation files AGAIN (punctuation errors, better flow).

- Fixed dialogue with the Worker @ Magellan. Flint's final line ("Well then, all the best, my friend.") was missing due to broken .dia file. This required some painful reverse engineering & hex editing, but at least I've learned how these files work...

- Fixed broken setting which was disabling one of the speakers entirely (Guard @ Topo's Asylum). He (and his funny exchange with Flint) is now restored. Swapped his and Toshiro Budjow's positions to make him look like he is actually guarding something.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

- Changed conversation with Bob Kramer @ Entropoint 2. Original Flint's line: "You work for EnTrOx? You must be lonely!" sounded a bit like Flint was hitting on Kramer. I've changed it to: "You work for EnTrOx? I don't think you guys have a lot of friends around here...".

- Modified triggers responsible for relations between Nephros, Madeleine Tapi (Galapagos), Atahualpa Jones & Tina Pao (Mockturtle 2).
    Originally it worked liked this:
    a1) Speaking with Nephros was disabling Madeleine Tapi entirely (she was no longer visible), enabling Jones and Tina and setting a trigger which was used in dialogue with Jones ("Yum. I'm looking for a man by the name of ZORN. NEPHROS sent me."),
    a1) Speaking with Madeleine was disabling Nephros entirely (he was no longer visible), enabling Jones and Tina and setting a trigger which was used in dialogue with Jones ("Oops... Well, MADELEINE thought you might be able to help me. VELASQUEZ said I was to talk to a man named ZORN."),
    b) Speaking with Jones was enabling Nephros and Madeleine again (which was IMO wrong), and setting a trigger ("Zorn mission ended") which was changing some characters' dialogue to "neutral" path (small-talk, unrelated to Zorn).
    This looked very weird, as Flint and his interlocutor were repeating the beginning of their previous conversation and then moving to small-talk.
    After a day of figuring out how dialogue triggers work (they are being set by .dia files and later stored in saves - 'MessageBoard' section) AND some hexediting, I was finally able to fix this.
    Now it works like this:
    a1) Speaking with Nephros enables Jones and Tina and sets a trigger which is used in dialogue with Jones ("Yum. I'm looking for a man by the name of ZORN. NEPHROS sent me."), AND changes dialogue with Madeleine into small-talk. She is visible after Flint speaks to Nephros, just has different lines.
    a1) Speaking with Madeleine enables Jones and Tina and sets a trigger which is used in dialogue with Jones ("Oops... Well, MADELEINE thought you might be able to help me. VELASQUEZ said I was to talk to a man named ZORN."), AND changes dialogue with Nephros into small-talk. He is visible after Flint speaks to Madeleine, just has different lines.
    b) Speaking with Jones sets a trigger ("Zorn mission ended") which changes some character's dialogue to "neutral" path (small-talk, unrelated to Zorn), but does not affect Nephros / Madeleine. And it shouldn't, as you HAVE TO speak with either Nephros or Madeleine to enable Jones, so you can't speak with him before speaking with one of them. Duh.

- Changed conversation with Atahualpa Jones @ Mockturtle. Now it should be clear that Zorn is actually dead. Original lines sounded weird (literal translation from German?):
    Jones: Shhh... Well, if you're a friend of VELASQUEZ's, I'll tell you. KING's people moved ZORN out of the way.
    Flint: Out of the way.... Alright, where will I find KING?
    I've replaced the above with this:
    Jones: Shhh... Well, if you're a friend of VELASQUEZ's, I'll tell you. You won't speak to ZORN, because KING's people moved him out of the way. Permanently...
    Flint: Oh... Then it looks like my business is with the big man himself. You wouldn't know where to find KING, would you?

- Fixed dialogue between Flint and King (two lines were swapped).

- Fixed dialogue with the Drunkard (Timothy) in Neopolis. Previous lines were wrong / confusing, since if you went with:
    Drunkard: Hey, boss, got a credit for a poor devil?
    Flint: Piss off! I'd rather throw credits down a chemical toilet!
    Drunkard: Hey, man - I might have a good address for you!
    Flint: Well, alright - here. Now what about the address?
    Drunkard: Thank you for your kindness. Do you know TORSTEN SKY?
    [...]
    Torsten would claim that Flint did not give Timothy any money.
    Of course we can also assume, that Timothy was simply lying to Torsten about not getting any money from Flint, because of Flint being rude to him, but I think this dialogue can be changed to something simpler.
    The way this .dia file is constructed, the dialogue ought to have three outcomes. And with my changes it has. They are as follows:
    a) Speaking with the Drunkard enables Torsten and he's friendly (will give you a job). Path:
    Flint: Sure. Don't drink it all at once!
    The rest is irrelevant.
    b) Speaking with the Drunkard enables Torsten, but he isn't friendly (won't give you a job). Path:
    Flint: Oh really?
    Drunkard: Listen, man. Do you know TORSTEN SKY?
    The rest is irrelevant. Flint gets the info, but without spending money on Timothy.
    Later Torsten will ask Flint if he gave Timothy some money, and either call him a liar if he says he did, or tell him to GTFO if he says he didn't.
    c) Speaking with Drunkard does not enable Torsten at all. Path:
    Flint: Huh... Sleeping places for homeless flea catchers? No thank you!
    Drunkard: You're missing some great information! Keep it up and I'll never tell you what a great guy TORSTEN SKY is!

- Renamed "Engineer" @ Entropoint IX to "Female Engineer". Beacuse that's who "einer ingenieurin" is(t).
    - Renamed two "Guards" @ Limbo to: "Pirate" and "Woman".
    - Switched positions of "Werner von Punch" and "Pirate" to prevent Werner's name being cut off.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

C. Changes to particular missions (Vfx\Scenario) (open)

00101: CLEAR THE DEBRIS
    - Switched identifiers of all debris parts from "neutral" to "foe". Now this part of mission looks and works as described in COM (enemies are actually hard to distinguish from all the trash).
    - Changed trigger responsible for the appearance of ANR-Scout-A1 from "certain area reached" to "1/2 of the trash @ NAV A destroyed". Originally, this enemy often hasn't been appearing at all, now it will appear every time.

00102: PATROL EL TOPO'S ASYLUM
    - Replaced the "big" anarcho bomber (#40) with the "small" one (#16). Let's wait with introducing these big baddies till Galapagos.
    - Slightly tweaked COM & AM.

00103: ATTACK (MAGELLAN)
    - Renamed "Colonel Flair" to "Flair". Second enemy is just "Gobbes" (without rank), so let's skip the formalities.

00104: DEFEND VESPUCCI
    - NAV B appears earlier (the moment you reach the crawlers, not when you destroy their attackers),
    - 2*"ANR-Scout-A": changed their triggers. Originally they were unable to destroy even a single crawler, now they are more than able to blow up all of them...
    - 2*"TOP-Scout-A": tweaked their triggers a bit. They will deal with the ANR-Bomber or die trying...
    - Tweaked COM slightly.

00105: ATTACK (TOPO'S ASYLUM)
    - Tweaked COM trigger. Second message form the enemy will appear only if he is actually still alive.

00106: AMBUSH (VESPUCCI)
    - Slightly tweaked COM.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

00201: AMBUSH (ENTROPOINT VI)
    - 4*"ENT-Gun-Turret": PD increased from 100 to 150. Still, without Flint's or EnTrox Boats' help, ANR-Bomber will deal with all 4 of them with ease.
    - 2*ANR-Scout: will activate after 30 seconds, instead of 60.
    - Fixed COM and triggers. The way triggers were set up, Flint should get scolded for dealing with enemies on his own (that's what happens now) and not for leaving EnTrox guys do the job for him (that what was happening previously).
    - This mission can now go in two ways:
    a) Lure enemies to the EnTrox station. Reaching its vicinity triggers the "call for support" trigger. As long as the bomber is still alive, two EnTrox boats will show up 30 seconds after the trigger and mop up. Mission ends with all enemies dead.
    b) Deal with all enemies right away / on your way to NAV A. As long as you didn't reach the vicinity of NAV A, EnTrox boats won't show up and Flint will get scolded for wasting EnTrox time. Mission ends.
    - Tweaked BRF a bit, removing the "OMG, there's no way you can deal with the bomber on your own!!!" part. Yes, we can.

00202: STOP THE SABOTAGE ATTEMPT AT LIMA I
    - "ANR-Infiltrator": PD increased from 100% to 150%
    - Tweaked COM. Originally you'll get "Well done, we love fireworks!" after destroying squadrons B & C, even if Control Unit or some Tube got destroyed (which fails the mission). Replaced it with "No more enemies on sensors...", which fits both winning and losing scenario.
    - "ANR-Scout-C2" (medium difficulty) will appear 2 seconds after "ANR-Infiltrator" gets destroyed, not right away. "ANR-Scout-C1" (easy difficulty) appears after 4 seconds.
    - NAV B appears 2 seconds earlier (3 seconds after any Tube gets attacked).

00203: ATTACK (ATACAMA CITY)
    - Scouts from the first squadron (A) are now more prone to familiarize themselves with mines (tweaked their patrol routes).
    - Added new COM line: after 25 seconds Cingan will prompt Flint to finish off survivors from the first squadron (A). All of them being dead is obligatory to complete the mission, so even if you reached NAV B and killed all scouts there (squadron B), you still had to go back to deal with squadron A for mission to end. Now it should be more clear.

00204: INCIDENT (ATACAMA CITY)
    - Changed Cingan's movement pattern a bit (moved his boat a little bit higher, away from turrets). Changed his AI from 1 to 3 (AFAIK he can use guns, torpedoes and buzzers with this setting).
    - Changed triggers of enemy scouts. Previously all of them had specific target (either Cingan or Flint), now almost all of them will simply attack closest enemy. Only ANR-Scout-A1 will target Cingan (and closest target when Cingan is dead).
    - Cingan's survival is no longer mission objective. Explanation:
    a) COM triggers suggest multiple solutions to this mission (depending on Cingan being alive or dead). With my changes it actually makes sense.
    b) Why should both Flint and Lisa suddenly start caring about Cingan's survival? To the point of this being an obligatory mission objective? If you can't take the heat, stay out of Tornado Zone...
    c) Lisa doesn't mention Cingan at all during "debriefing",
    d) Let's wait with introducing escort missions until later...

00205: AMBUSH (SCAVENGER)
    - Changed order in which enemies activate (squadron A -> squadron B -> Buggy -> Bomber),
    - Enemies now activate much faster than previously (2 seconds instead of 20),
    - Added NAV A just in case (of somebody getting lost),
    - Added hint in BRF (You don't have to kill all enemies to end the mission, just squadron A).
    - Tweaked COM a bit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

00301: FAKE ATTACK ON STYX
    - 1*ATL-Tank-A1: changed model from "big tank" (#4) to "small tank" (#3). These two tanks were previously murdering all enemy scouts way too easily...
    - Enabled "enemy" alignment for two "trash fields" near NAV A to make aiming harder for Flint.
    - Changed alignment of the minefield @ NAV A from #2 "enemy to be attacked" to #6 "enemy to be ignored". This way ATL tanks won't attack those mines, and (more importantly) destroying one of them won't trigger the main section of this mission ("Go to NAV B"). You have to attack one of the scouts summoned by destruction of a tank to do that.

00302: REVENGE OF KING'S ANARCHISTS
    - 1*ATL-Tank-A1: changed model from the small one to the big one.
    - 1*ATL-Tank-A2: this tank will now appear on all difficulties instead of Hard difficulty only. ANR-Bomber is still able to deal with all ATL units on its own...
    - 2*ATL-Tank, 1*ATL-Scout: PD increased to 150% (enemies actually target them now).
    - All enemy scouts will attack nearest enemy, instead of targeting Flint specifically (as before).
    - Tweaked enemy scouts' triggers. They will now appear with some delay.
    - Tweaked COM: Poseidon will now ask you to deal with the bomber only if it is still alive.

00303: ATTACK (MOCKTURTLE I)
    - All enemies must now be eliminated to complete the mission (previously only squadron B, which felt wrong when there were still enemies from squadron A attacking you).
    - Tweaked COM significantly. Previously one message did not appear at all (weird or IMO broken trigger), and second one appeared only if you tried to sneak around squadron A. Now it works like this:
    a) First enemy taunt appears always, at mission start.
    b) Second one ("You will not escape!") appears when you reach the vicinity of NAV A (see below), as long as at least one enemy from squadron B is still alive.
    - Added "reach area" trigger near NAV A and marked it as obligatory mission objective instead of NAV A itself. This way you won't get a "NAV A has been destroyed" line in COM after reaching it (caused by using wccond trigger).

00401: PIRATES IN GIBBS CANYON
    - Tweaked BRF,
    - 1*PIR-Bomber: switched turrets from Vendettas to MaxImpact I, it will appear 5 seconds after the Control Unit gets attacked (not right away, as before).
    - 3*PIR-Scout D: fixed triggers responsible for their appearance. Previously they were summoned by Flint's death. Now all 4 of them will show up if you go too high (same way as groups B&C work).
    - 1*Helinox Tank: added missing wccond trigger,
    - 2*PIR-Gun-Turret B: decreased SR from 120 to 100m (should make dealing with Scouts from group A & both Buggies easier).

00402: STICK-UP
    - NAV A and info about it will now appear after 32 seconds, instead of 60.
    - PIR-Fleischman will now move to the vicinity of NAV A when Flint reaches it (same as the rest of scouts from his "escort"). Previously, if you went to NAV A, you had to go all the way back and kill him to end the mission. Now he will hang around near the outpost @ NAV A.
    - PIR-Fleischman: decreased his speed to 75%. With the original value (100%) he was almost impossible to chase off, following Flint to NAV A and getting himself killed by the turrets. Now he will follow Flint, but if Flint is fast enough to reach NAV A ahead of him, Fleischman will start patrolling outside of turrets' range (so Flint has to kill him himself).
    - Changed number of scouts appearing on various difficulty levels, from 2e / +2m / +3h to: 3e / +2m / +2h.
    - Tweaked COM, once again introducing "dummy" object, linked to Fleischman's escort. Their COM line, enabled by Fleischman getting killed, will now appear only if any scout from the escort is actually still alive. So, if you kill Fleischman as the last unit, you won't get the following line:
    [Pirate] You killed Fleischman! This is not our matter anymore...

00403: PIRATE ATTACK ON DEEPDRAFT I
    - Tweaked BRF & COM,
    - 2*PIR-Scout (A squadron): changed their guns from Max. Impact 1 to Vendetta 3. Still, you have to be VERY quick when dealing with them, or they will blow up the tanks. Tested multiple times without using torpedoes and it's 100% doable.
    - 2*PIR-Scout (B & C squadron): will appear on Normal and Hard difficulty (diff = 1), instead of all difficulties (diff = 0).

00404: PIRATES AT JULES I
    - Tweaked BRF,
    - 2*ATL-Gun-Turret: Changed their positions a bit.
    - Modified the way energy-related equipment work. Originally each piece was "tied" to 1-2 turrets, so destroying either Energy Transmitter or one of the Generators was disabling 1-2 turrets. Problem is, only 2 scouts from squadron A were targeting Energy Transmitter, while 3 scouts from squadron C were targeting Generator B (as long as you didn't kill them @ NAV B). Other units were using "choose nearest target" setting, which in most cases meant "closest gun turret". Now it works like this:
    Destroying Energy Transmitter disables ALL 7 turrets. This object is being targeted by 2 scouts from squadron A & all (1-3) scouts from squadron C.
    Destroying Energy Generator 1 disables turrets A1, A2 & A3; Energy Generator 2: A4 & A5, Energy Generator 3: A6 & A7. Each generator is being targeted by one scout from squadron A.
    - Scouts from squadron A got equipped with better torpedoes:
    3*PIR-Scout-A (the big ones): changed torpedoes from Tiger Sharks 2 to Bull Sharks 1,
    2*PIR-Scout A (the small ones: changed torpedoes from Tiger Sharks 1 to Tiger Sharks 2,
    Previously they were 99% unable to destroy any energy equipment (Flint could sit back and still two turrets were shredding the scouts with ease). Now the scouts are quite able to blow up their targets (disabling some / all turrets).
    - 1*Energy Transmitter: PD increased from 100% to 150% (more enemies target it now, and its destruction disables ALL turrets).
    - Tweaked number and type of scouts appearing on different difficulty levels. Now it should be more balanced than previously.

00405: DANGER
    - Tweaked COM & BRF,
    - 3*PIR-Scout: changed model from big to small. "Big" enemy scouts are quite difficult to deal with in this mission, due to narrow canyons' walls. Plus they can "glitch" through those, while Flint can't...
    - 10*PIR-Gun-Turret: decreased SR from 120m to 100m. With default values moving past them was kind of difficult, at least with sonar and engine turned on...
    - 2*Control Unit: renamed them to "Gun-B Control Unit" and "Torp-C Control Unit" to make clear what destroying them does. You have to find them first, anyway...
    - Changed number of units appearing on various difficulty levels. There was no difference between "medium" and "hard" originally, now it is. You will face 6*Buggy, 6*Tank & 10*Scout only on "Hard" difficulty.

00406: THE PIRATE SUPPLY CENTER
    - Tweaked BRF,
    - 2*PIR-Torp-Turret B: changed sonar type to "passive", decreased SR to 80m, tweaked triggers ("active" from the beginning, like the gun-turrets nearby). Previously one of them was being activated by attacking the Fire Control, which was weird / wrong / too hard. Now you can sneak past everything except two PIR-Tanks @ NAV A. On the other hand, going "loud" is not advised. Like, really...
    - Changed triggers responsible for the appearance of PIR-Scouts. Now you will ALWAYS face from 6 (easy) to 12 (hard) of them. Enjoy.
    - 3*PIR-Torp-Turret A: changed entry in AM, so ATL units won't waste torpedoes on attacking them (they should be disabled during the fight with PIR bombers and scouts due to destruction of Fire Control).
    - 1*ATL-Bomber: changed torpedoes from Bullshark 1 to Bullshark 2.

People interested can test v1.2 alpha 1 (first 4 hubs done). This is not a "full" release yet, so you have to apply the files to AD installation PATCHED WITH a v1.1 of Augmented Mod.

https://www.mediafire.com/?w2pe7zz7b62z2zt/

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
    • Brofist Brofist x 8
    ^ Top  
  10. spekkio Arcane

spekkio
    Well, doing some modding and not having to deal with hex-editing? It's like going to prison and not being fucked in the ass...

:negative:

Short quote from readme:

Fixed / restored an interesting interaction between Lou Wesson, Tira Wing and Curd Stahlschmidt. Originally it worked like this:

a) If you talked with Tira first, you would get her "regular" lines (flirty banter):
    - Tira: I'm TIRA WING. I can help you survive Gibraltar, stranger.
    - Flint: I believe you, TIRA. Did I mention I'm almost dead from loneliness?
    - Tira: Poor baby... Dear TIRA can rescue you from this fate. How would you like it?
    Speaking with her would enable Ezra and his mission as well.

b) If you talked with Lou first (speaking with him would enable Curd and his mission), Tira would get different lines (due to the "Message Board" trigger #721 being enabled):
    - Tira: I'm TIRA WING. I can help you survive Gibraltar, stranger.
    - Flint: Yeah? What've you got for me?
    - Tira: I heard that you spoke to LOU WESSON. The lousy swine is always planning special outings. What did he want from you?
    Flint could've answered either with:
    - Flint: He and STAHLSCHMIDT were planning an attack on a guy named CURLY.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

or:
    - Flint: Hey... What's that got to do with YOU? I thought you wanted to do ME a favor!

c) Problem is, first option wouldn't change later dialogue with Curd, despite Lou asking Flint to keep his mouth shut (in all 3 possible dialogue variants) AND appropriate lines being present in Curd's .sen file:
    - Curd: That's right. And YOU are the lousy washerwoman who gave away our plans to TIRA WING, aren't you? Get lost before I crush your jaw!
    No matter what you've chosen in dialogue with Lou and Tira, you would always end up with:
    - Curd: Aha, the new guy! Talk to my buddy LOU WESSON first.
    - Flint: I have. You're CURD STAHLSCHMIDT, aren't you?
    - Curd: That's me. You must be FLINT. LOU says you're going to help us get one over on that old jellyfish CURLY.
    Another strange thing that caught my attention was the fact, that Curd's mission is probably the only "optional" one (or at least one of the very few), which simply cannot be turned down by Flint. He will automatically accept it, same way as with "plot" missions. This felt wrong, since two appropriate lines are present in Curd's .sen file:
    - #0602 {Forget it. I don't want anything to do with your personal revenge!}
    - #0702 {Forget it. I don't want to be a part of your grudge.}

So, after about two days of reverse-engineering of .dia files...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:dance:

I was able to come up with something like this:

a) If you talk with Tira first, you will get her "regular" lines (flirty banter). Speaking with her will enable Ezra and his mission as well.

b) If you talk with Lou first (speaking with him will enable Curd and his mission), Tira will get different lines (due to the "Message Board" trigger #721). If you go with:
    - Flint: He and STAHLSCHMIDT were planning an attack on a guy named CURLY.
    A new "Message Board" trigger #789 will be enabled, changing dialogue with Curd.

c) Conversation with Curd will be very short now:
    - Curd: Aha, the new guy! Talk to my buddy LOU WESSON first.
    - Flint: I have. You're CURD STAHLSCHMIDT, aren't you?
    - Curd: That's right. And YOU are the lousy washerwoman who gave away our plans to TIRA WING, aren't you? Get lost before I crush your jaw!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

He won't give you his mission of course.
    I also modified Curd's .dia file further, so if you did not screw things up as described above (you didn't speak with Tira at all or spoke with her, but kept your mouth shout about Lou and Curd), you can either accept Curd's mission, or turn it down with:
    - Flint: Forget it. I don't want to be a part of your grudge.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Show Spoiler
    Send help. :cry:

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    • Cheers!! Cheers!! x 1
    • (autism) (autism) x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)