Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Are consoletards...surrendering?

Üstad

Arcane
The steps to play a console game if you’re a normie:

1. Buy a console
2. Buy a game from gamestop
3. Plug console in and power up
4. Insert game
5. Play

The steps to play a PC game if you’re a normie (assuming you build it):

1. Watch the youtube video you linked
2. Order all the parts via the internet
3. Wait for parts to come in (lol the consoletard is already playing at this point)
4. When parts are received rewatch the video again
5. Build the PC
6. Install Os
7. Install drivers
8. Connect to the internet
9. Download a gaming client/pirating client
10. Buy a game/download a torrent and wait for the client to download it
11. Install game
12. Play game (assuming your PC can play it).

You really don’t see a difference? Cmon bro.
How much one needs to be retarded to see whole pc gaming as a tedious? What is the logical explanation behinds this behaviour pattern?

Did you type out this using google translate? Cuz i can’t understand what your ESL brain is trying to tell me.

If you’re asking how anyone could consider PC gaming tedious, then I’d respond that most normies do or they would be using PCs to game right now Instead of xbox and Playstations and Nintendo switch and Mobile platforms.
Yes. Anyway I was asking why are those people like that, it's just whole sentence made sense in my brain but english doesnt work like that. :negative:

Mustawd

1. Buy a console
4. Insert game
5. Play

3. Wait for parts to come in (lol the consoletard is already playing at this point)
5. Build the PC
6. Install Os
7. Install drivers
11. Install game

How much one needs to be retarded to see whole pc gaming as a tedious? What is the logical explanation behinds this behaviour pattern?

Did you type out this using google translate? Cuz i can’t understand what your ESL brain is trying to tell me.

If you’re asking how anyone could consider PC gaming tedious, then I’d respond that most normies do or they would be using PCs to game right now Instead of xbox and Playstations and Nintendo switch and Mobile platforms.
Yes. Anyway I was asking why are those people like that, it's just whole sentence made sense in my brain but english doesnt work like that. :negative:

Sorry, I was being an asshole. My bad.

Something else was annoying me and I took it out on your poor German brain.

Üstad

Arcane

1. Buy a console
4. Insert game
5. Play

5. Build the PC
6. Install Os
7. Install drivers
11. Install game

Sorry, I was being an asshole. My bad.

Something else was annoying me and I took it out on your poor German brain.
No problem.

German brain.
well memed

cw8

Cipher
I'm no longer worried about consoles stealing or dumbing down our games. These days, we have to worry about whether our favourite franchises are gonna be microtransactioned to hell, end up as Epic exclusive and now the biggest, newest worry, become Stadia exclusive. That's the worst possible outcome.
Worried about the old school gamers becoming history and stuff like microtransactions and streaming become normalised.

The Decline

Arcane
Anecdote here, but I'm seeing a lot more first time pc builders in my store, both kids and adults. A couple even said they were specifically building them to get away from consoles. Meanwhile in the console section we're sending all the Xbox One X consoles back to the vendor because they aren't selling.

sullynathan

Arcane
Gamestop is dying, ~50% of console games sales is digital online through PSN & Xbox Live

Citation on this would be nice. But let’s assume you’re right. Connecting console to the internet is just one extra step. I can concede that. I don’t think it changes my point.

https://www.dfcint.com/dossier/onli...ales-expected-to-pass-packaged-sales-in-2019/

Sony's latest quarterly report had 53% of PS4 games sales as digital in that quarter.

The point is that gamers have adjusted tti the times and still choose to play on console.

What codexers don't understand is that making consoles more pc-like doesn't deter console gamers, nor does lack of exclusive games as shown by great hardware sales.

The best selling games of this gen & last gen on consoles were overwhelmingly multi platform and it still didn't stop people from buying a console.

With the growing mobile landscape and the fact that cross play and many pc features are already on consoles, someone who is content with their PS/Xbox/Nintendo machine isn't in a rush to move to PC and use steam.

Tehdagah

Arcane
The best selling games of this gen & last gen on consoles were overwhelmingly multi platform and it still didn't stop people from buying a console.

Which is sad. The most popular game on consoles is Fortnite and it runs like shit on them. Consolefags are very tolerant to frame rate issues.

Tehdagah

Arcane

Which is sad. The most popular game on consoles is Fortnite and it runs like shit on them. Consolefags are very tolerant to frame rate issues.
60 fps locked is fine
Fortnite on the PS4 turns into a slide show when too many stuff happens in the same place. The 50x50 mode is the worst offender.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
60fps is fine. Having a 144hz monitor I can say 60 feels a lot slower than it used to, but yes it's fine. However consoles rarely offer a rock solid 60, and often aim for 30 and then fail to match that, so... it's not wrong to say console framerates often suck ass. I just watched Digital Foundry's analysis of Control and even the Xbox One X has dips into the 20s, and the base PS4 literally goes down to 10-15fps in combat. It's insane people put up with that, but they do, because average Joe don't want to fuck around with building and paying for a gaming PC, which I get.

sullynathan

Arcane
60fps is fine. Having a 144hz monitor I can say 60 feels a lot slower than it used to, but yes it's fine. However consoles rarely offer a rock solid 60, and often aim for 30 and then fail to match that, so... it's not wrong to say console framerates often suck ass. I just watched Digital Foundry's analysis of Control and even the Xbox One X has dips into the 20s, and the base PS4 literally goes down to 10-15fps in combat. It's insane people put up with that, but they do, because average Joe don't want to fuck around with building and paying for a gaming PC, which I get.
Consoles offer rock solid 60 fps for the games that benefit from it the most: multiplayer shooters. You will find that a great majority of them hold 60 fps most of the time, and the 2 seconds they don't is hardly a problem.

Control is a recent game that is pushing visuals and physics in a way recent games aren't (ray tracing) and remedy themselves admit that they didn't do well on its performance, hence an incoming performance patch.

This discussion being had on codex is a funny one when i know for a fact that the average pc gamer doesn't have a high end pc let alone a 144 hz monitor and I doubt the average codexer has that either.

deuxhero

Arcane
Consoles offer rock solid 60 fps for the games that benefit from it the most: multiplayer shooters.

:what:

sullynathan

Arcane
Consoles offer rock solid 60 fps for the games that benefit from it the most: multiplayer shooters.

:what:
It's true

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
maxresdefault.jpg

Is the new Spoder Min game better than the best one ever?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom