Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Are Owlcat's resident fanatics being paid to shill?

Glop_dweller

Prophet
My experience with Kingmaker is that I made a party, and played the game for about an hour or two. I was called away on errands, so I stopped the game.

It was days before I remembered that I had been playing it; I don't remember anything about it. That's a bad sign.

I started, and completed Styx: Master of Shadows in the meantime; even now that I have been reminded by the thread title, I have no great need to resume the game... that's another bad sign.

As for the game itself, I don't recall if it was good or bad, but it was obviously forgettable... because... well... I forgot about it.

Last edited:

Bigg Boss

Arcane
When are you retards going to realize shills are not being paid? They are brainwashed into defending that thing for various reasons. They are driven to defend their mindset not because of money, but because of necessity. They are so joined with "that thing they like" that to let the insult go unanswered implies complicity with the thought. So they must defend the thing lest they be labeled uncool.

"I simply must tell this Bethesdafag why he is wrong and should feel bad."

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
When are you retards going to realize shills are not being paid? They are brainwashed into defending that thing for various reasons. They are driven to defend their mindset not because of money, but because of necessity. They are so joined with "that thing they like" that to let the insult go unanswered implies complicity with the thought. So they must defend the thing lest they be labeled uncool.

It's Occam's Razor, not Occam's Rube Goldberg Machine, dipshit.

We like the game, we want more like it so we talk it up. If you haven't done that you're a sorry piece of shit who deserves crappy games.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Grim2.jpg

wh what money

Desiderius

Patron
You can find my citation in the Wrath kickstarter Top Ten fucktards.

I'm getting paid -100 clams.

Silly Germans

Desiderius

Patron
You guys crack me up. It feels good to not be the most mentally ill person in the room for once.

Don't think an insanity plea's gonna fly there, Boss. You give every indication of being of sound mind. Just because that sound is Lizzo letting rip a massive quif, it doesn't follow that you're mentally ill, just mentally challenged.

We all have to learn to live with our limitations.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected

Yeah, but at codex its only the coolest people who shit on all games. GD is full of cool people who don't even play vidya.

Last edited by a moderator:

Generic-Giant-Spider

We need to go on a big camping trip to find our passion again.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

It's Occam's Razor, not Occam's Rube Goldberg Machine, dipshit.

We like the game, we want more like it so we talk it up. If you haven't done that you're a sorry piece of shit who deserves crappy games.

I'm generally a fan of Kingmaker, but I don't see a need to talk it up in every thread. This place generally sees it as "Good for what it is", which by Codex standards is pretty high praise.

You and Pinkeye can tone down the rabid fanaticism slightly.

In the case of the Wrath thread any useful discussion gets drowned out by autistic screeching about monks.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Man, I am glad that we live in the new Golden age of CRPGs. Yeah, Kingmaker is so bad that i wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.

now if you will excuse me, please, I planned on tacking a Dip in my Giant Vault filled with boxed Copies of the Immense amount of masterpiece Rpgs of our time.

oh wait, wrong parallel Universe.

For what it's worth Fanboying is bad but hey it could be about something way worse.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Kingmaker has robust character builder and some of quests were fun, combat was also not as bad for RTWP but what makes me to abandon it after a while every f... time is this kingdom building part if I wanted to RP medieval monarch the CK2 with mods is much more fun than Kingkmaker as strategy game, make the game about classic murder hobos with maybe some small castle/Temple/Druid Grove/Inn/Mage tower given as reward at the end and we are set Comrades. Medieval monarch did not spend their times building outhouses in every village they delegated power to their vassals and courtiers for such titivates they build maybe castles and prestigious cathedral but they spend most of their time touring the lands, hunting, f... wenches and and campaigning not being tied down to make boring administrative tasks.

Last edited:

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Kingmaker has robust character builder and some of quests were fun, combat was also not as bad for RTWP but what makes me to abandon it after a while every f... time is this kingdom building part if I wanted to RP medieval monarch the CK2 with mods is much more fun than Kingkmaker as strategy game, make the game about classic murder hobos with maybe some small castle/Temple/Druid Grove/Inn/Mage tower given as reward at the end and we are set Comrades. Medieval monarch did not spend their times building outhouses in every village they delegated power to their vassals and courtiers for such titivates they build maybe castles and prestigious cathedral but they spend most of their time touring the lands, hunting, f... wenches and and campaigning not being tied down to make boring administrative tasks.

You realize that you can just put kingdom management on auto, right? Effectively making it a non-issue, and actually focus on just playing the RPG part of the game, which is great. I did that, as I never liked the management part of the game.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

You realize that you can just put kingdom management on auto, right? Effectively making it a non-issue, and actually focus on just playing the RPG part of the game, which is great. I did that, as I never liked the management part of the game.

I heard enough comments to the fact that if you do that it will screw you over

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom