Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Are Owlcat's resident fanatics being paid to shill?

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm new here, but it seems that this Gregz guy has some serious mental issues. Is it so?

No, he just ragequit after getting owned by wolves and swarms that aren’t even there anymore. Since then he’s been working out his PTSD with his codex buds.

Desiderius

Patron
If anyone has delusions of grandeur, it's the Codex.

Judge Kingmaker for what it actually is, not for what it looks like.

As I have.

Looks kind of cartoony. Isn’t.

You have yet to present any evidence you’ve played it since release.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
I read the most recent Kingmaker reviews every two weeks or so, same complaints about the same problems.
You read reviews about the game you hate every two weeks? This is why I ask about your mental condition.

I'm genuinely curious: why so much hate and attention for this game? For example, I hate will all my passion what Bethpizda did to Fallout franchise and I wish that Todd Howard would have choked on his boyfriend's cock in 2001, thus sparing us from all this horrendous shit that was released under his guidance in the years afterwards. But I don't follow any news about Shithesda abominations, I want to avoid this hell by all means possible.

I can understand people hating on Dysco: it's borderline RPG.
I can understand people hating on AoD: it's full of non-orthodox decisions.

Your case is truly peculiar.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
No it isn't. People are defending mediocre games wherever you look. It started with all this riffraff that appeared around 2012. Since then the site has been mostly a joke.

Desiderius

Patron

Desiderius

Patron
I read the most recent Kingmaker reviews every two weeks or so, same complaints about the same problems.
You read reviews about the game you hate every two weeks? This is why I ask about your mental condition.

I'm genuinely curious: why so much hate and attention for this game? For example, I hate will all my passion what Bethpizda did to Fallout franchise and I wish that Todd Howard would have choked on his boyfriend's cock in 2001, thus sparing us from all this horrendous shit that was released under his guidance in the years afterwards. But I don't follow any news about Shithesda abominations, I want to avoid this hell by all means possible.

I can understand people hating on Dysco: it's borderline RPG.
I can understand people hating on AoD: it's full of non-orthodox decisions.

Your case is truly peculiar.

It really is. Says he wanted a great game yet doesn’t even know enough about it to come to an informed opinion. If he’d spent half the time learning to play the goddamned game as he does reading reviews from retards chances are he’d at least understand it if not appreciate it.

Gregz

Arcane
It really is. Says he wanted a great game yet doesn’t even know enough about it to come to an informed opinion. If he’d spent half the time learning to play the goddamned game as he does reading reviews from retards chances are he’d at least understand it if not appreciate it.

1) I've been playing cRPGs longer than you've been alive
2) I've played PnP D&D sessions both as a dungeon master and a player for years
3) "Learning" to play Kingfaker is unlearning how to play D&D properly

I agree with these guys 100%

I'll keep this short since many other reviews detail the many specific shortcomings of the game. To summarize: the design is awful. Horrible. Terrible. It's like playing tabletop DND with a DM who is a massive, gaping, prolapsed ♥♥♥♥.

...a badly DM'd D&D game.

Like a good old evening of table-top DND, if prior to beginning the DM found out you’re f***ing his wife.

I would fire this DM if he sat at my table.

Desiderius

Patron

1) I've been playing cRPGs longer than you've been alive
2) I've played PnP D&D sessions both as a dungeon master and a player for years
3) "Learning" to play Kingfaker is unlearning how to play D&D properly

I agree with these guys 100%

I'll keep this short since many other reviews detail the many specific shortcomings of the game. To summarize: the design is awful. Horrible. Terrible. It's like playing tabletop DND with a DM who is a massive, gaping, prolapsed ♥♥♥♥.

...a badly DM'd D&D game.

Like a good old evening of table-top DND, if prior to beginning the DM found out you’re f***ing his wife.

I would fire this DM if he sat at my table.

Annnnd still not one specific. If you want to play PnP, get your grandkids. This is a cRPG, and a good one.

Rest my case, you fucking whippersnapper. I've been alive longer than there have been cRPGs. I was stealing quarters to play Pong when you were still festering in the bowels of Hell, you miserable sack of shit.

Cael

Arcane
If anyone has delusions of grandeur, it's the Codex.

Judge Kingmaker for what it actually is, not for what it looks like.

A big fat pile of numbers getting bigger all the time?

Desiderius

Patron
love.png
Friendly x 1
NJClaw

I
tried talking sense to the poor son of a bitch. Off the top rope is the only option left.

Gregz

Arcane
Being a fanatical shill does.

No it doesn't. Otherwise we'd have ejected people like Volourn years ago.

Spamming the same shit over and over again, however...

Pink Eye was banned from the kingfaker Steam forums, that's what I'm referring to.

He was banned for overzealously imitating my blunt amateur modding style. We were able to turn around the vibe there for a few months and get some new people into the game and help a lot of people have better experiences with it. Going in with a bad attitude precludes getting the most enjoyment out of games which seek to restore some of the classic challenge of RPGs. There's joy in discovery/invention once you recognize that it requires non-faceroll content.

If it's not clear by now, Desiderius and Pink Eye are cooperative shills who were banned from the Steam Forums for what they do here. They came here to abuse our free speech platform and continue their spam shilling routine, with considerable success I might add.

Last edited:

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
why so much hate and attention for this game?

Simple, I love role-playing games and D&D, and I really wanted Kingmaker to be great. It's terrible.

Have you read the post in my sig? Please do.

Thankfully we're getting KoTC2.

Hoo boy. Have you played KotC2 yet? Given your specific complaints about Kingmaker's balance and difficulty, this is probably the funniest thing I've read all day.

Edit: btw, you're still a giant fag.

Gregz

Arcane
Hoo boy. Have you played KotC2 yet? Given your specific complaints about Kingmaker's balance and difficulty, this is probably the funniest thing I've read all day.

My steam review contains no complaints about combat balance. Read my review, it's in my sig.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom