Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Decline Are there any guyz who quit gaming entirely?

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by oddech_wymarlych_swiatow, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Alphard Novice

Alphard
    I've only tried DMC . What does RE stand for? resident evil?
    By the way as i explained in another thread, i didn't like that to perform basic actions you had to press several buttons at once . To dodge you have to press 3 buttons. Locking on is super uncomfrotable, since you have to keep pressing right stick, and at same time move and do your combos

• decline decline x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. ZodoZ Cipher Patron

ZodoZ
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    TBH I never really thought much about comparing jigsaw puzzles to vidya games.
    So a jigsaw puzzle is like you say. A picture that is pasted on heavy paper product and then cut up in to distinct geometric shapes which are then to be re-assembled using the shape of the pieces and partial image analysis as clues.

Somewhat like..Tetris. Except Tetris isn't using a picture as the main guide or clue. Tetris is assembling geometric shapes in various positions to complete a pattern. The more complex the pattern completed the better the point score.
    I guess one could argue that there is actually an underlying picture within Tetris. As a player is monitoring the falling pieces they must form a picture that they hope to achieve through waiting for certain shapes to drop, while mitigating poor or not immediately useful drops . Player gets a square but wants an L, so the player shifts the square to a different position. etc etc.

Of course Tetris wasn't ever very popular and neither were jigsaw puzzles, which existed long before vidya games or even pooters.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. DJOGamer PT Arcane

DJOGamer PT
    Yes!
    Since you mentioned Hollow Knight I'd figure you might like it as the game is somewhat similiar (focus on exploration, inteconnected level design, dangerous combat and an emphasis on managing your resources).
    As for your DMC complaint. That's not clunkiness since that implies stiff, slow movements and "difficult" controls to work with. DMC controls aren't one bit difficult, you're probably just used to the Souls games permanent lock-on. Trust me after 1 or 2 hours you get used to it. Besides dodging in DMC combat isn't as near as essential as it is in Sekiro, you're suposed to be always on the offensive in DMC - plus you're better of jumping over enemies to dodge their attack than you are utilizing the dodge (unless your dealing with bosses).

:nocountryforshitposters:

^ Top  
  4. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    My wife and I often play Scrabble or card games with some smooth jazz playing and a nice bottle of wine. I'm not saying you're wrong to enjoy this kind of thing, I'm saying acting like games are an inherently inferior way of spending time is weird. Everyone needs alone time, everyone needs hobbies outside of their marriage or socializing. There's room in the world for many different interests.

^ Top  
  5. Siobhan Arbiter

Siobhan
    I never said that, you keep interpreting it this way. I'd say what games do is perfectly okay because I don't think being an excellent time waster is an inherently bad thing. But it makes games a bad choice if you want a hobby that doesn't take a lot of time and provides more than just enjoyment. If you want something relaxing, or intellectually demanding, or challenging, or social, or emotional, or educational, or profound, or enlightening, or metaphysical, or practical, or useful for daily life, there's gonna be some other hobby that's a better fit.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. ZodoZ Cipher Patron

ZodoZ
    :nocountryforshitposters:[/QUOTE]

Was my sarcasm not obvious enough?

^ Top  
  7. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    I disagree quite a lot that games aren't as profound, challenging or enlightening as doing puzzles with your wife, but whatever... we'll just go round and round if we keep going.

^ Top  
  8. Siobhan Arbiter

Siobhan
    sigh. The strawmanning is strong with this one.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • rolleyes rolleyes x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Swigen Scholar

Swigen
    I’d rather do a puzzle with Siobhan’s wife than slog through the rest of Persona 5 this weekend.

• [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. ZodoZ Cipher Patron

ZodoZ
    I remember (vaguely) when our family would take a holiday to the beach for a couple of weeks one of the ways we entertained ourselves was puzzles. My mother enjoyed them and we would all pitch in to complete the puzzle. They are a good way to connect with people who don't want or aren't capable of competing with me in multi-player FPS games. My mother doesn't even know what Counter Strike is and her computer can barely run Microsoft Solitaire. So the only way to dominate her in games is by out puzzling her. Of course she is pretty good at card games like hearts and bridge. Now that I think of it she probably ignores computer games to pad her k/d ratio. :argh:

Let's face the reality here. incels and faggots aren't going to join a group of friends or people at a party to play Jenga. I mean seriously, socially engage with normies? Not when they could be secluded in a dark dank room carefully working their way through a virtual dark dank room filled with traps, enemies, and Epic Loot. In gamer's defense the dating culture and torture a man has to go through to find a girlfriend, date, become involved, promise to be monogamist despite all the candy walking around on high heels, make a commitment, get engaged, get married, keep a steady miserable job so kids can stay in "that" school, become dissatisfied, sex life declines, separate, get divorced, lose everything you worked for (house, car, salary, her friends, kids, pets), end up in some apartment close by the house you paid for just to be able to see the kids once in a while, feel the pain of loss of affection, and on and on. Better to develop a life long social crutch of interacting solely through online means because real men don't need love.
    :despair::0-13:The End.

• Rage Rage x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Machocruz Arcane

Machocruz
    Pump your brakes homey. That's the problem right there. Girlfriend? Date? Western women are for temporary fun, nothing more. "Candy on high heels" indeed. Guys are 100% better off playing video games or doing any other hobby if they are just going to waste their time with that old square way of thinking about and interacting with chicks. At least here in the States, player way rules, everyone else is getting juiced by these females, whether for attention or resources. That's why squares are complaining about sociopathic Chads and dusty ass Tyrones fucking Stacy. There's a homeless guy going around sleeping with tons of women. Stability? Monogamy? Those are outdated concepts.

Back when I was using online apps and had homeless family members staying with me, I had to "date" women because I couldn't just talk to them for an hour over coffee then invite then back to my place. It was awful. Degrading. Phony. So much time wasted, and the women would just ghost anyway by the second or third date because most want to get fucked fast. Treat them as low priority but just good enough so that they feel wanted, and they'll be the ones proposing marriage. Which you don't take.

But I don't think that's really it. I notice the fallback for people who have or think they have societal woes is always video games. Not drawing, or woodworking, or programming (maybe because it takes a lot of work before you see rewards). Because they are fucking addicted to them, because video games can be seriously engrossing, which we all know. They'd be playing all the time even if they had a million friends and a mate for every day of the week. I think they're blaming society when normies comment on or criticize their constant playing, as a justification. Step back and the behavior of a lot of people in game forums is obsessive. Many geeks lives revolve around entertainment releases. Each big film, game, comic, TV release is treated like Hailey's comet or lunar eclipse. I have friends like that. And none of their lives have gone anywhere, they haven't evolved in 20 years. Too distracted by entertainment to focus on their education, skill development, getting basic everyday tasks done. Not having shit is one thing when you're 22. Not having shit in your late 30s and 40s is soul killing.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. ZodoZ Cipher Patron

ZodoZ
    That would be me.

Yes 100% Also, for me, video games were better than drinking or drugs and cost very little short term at least. Long term cost of gaming is as you say "soul killing".

^ Top  
  13. Dawkinsfan69 Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Bethestard

Dawkinsfan69
    ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

AHAHAHHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

WRONG

[​IMG]

• Cheers!! Cheers!! x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Dawkinsfan69 Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Bethestard

Dawkinsfan69
    [​IMG]

^ Top  
  15. Dawkinsfan69 Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Bethestard

Dawkinsfan69
    [​IMG]

• nice nice x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Dawkinsfan69 Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Bethestard

Dawkinsfan69
    [​IMG]

^ Top  
  17. ZodoZ Cipher Patron

ZodoZ
    For me...I have drunk enough for 10 lifetimes. )))

You guys have at it.

• Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)