Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Areal, STALKER spiritual successor by West Games - LOL CANCELLED

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
You're not my mate, fuckbuddy.

Essegi

Cipher
STALKER series was mediocre at best.
9325080020.jpg

Baron Dupek

Arcane
No his mum is better - it's free

And Call of Pripyat was free few times, mostly for potatos but still. No suprise he don't like Stalker. It's really good with mods and most of trash he beg in beggars thread is not moddable, what a pity.

DraQ

Arcane
What a delightful insult opportunity you've just wasted. What a shame.

Anyway, if you take into account the *entire* series, you might just about get away with calling it mediocre:
SoC is good, but flawed (derpy sidequests, derpy zone 'splanation, buggy) and CoP is good, but easy, BUT CS is an awful mess albeit with a few good (new) maps and decent deadliness/economy.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
If Metro LL is anything like 2033 it is total trash

What a delightful insult opportunity you've just wasted. What a shame.

Anyway, if you take into account the *entire* series, you might just about get away with calling it mediocre:
SoC is good, but flawed (derpy sidequests, derpy zone 'splanation, buggy) and CoP is good, but easy, BUT CS is an awful mess albeit with a few good (new) maps and decent deadliness/economy.
I played 13 hours of CS didn't find it much worse except for some annoying scripted parts

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
If Metro LL is anything like 2033 it is total trash
It is, and I agree, but MotherDerpy was hot for it in the Steam thread. As far as get out of here Stalker goes, I said it was mediocre, not bad.

Maybe if I had a $200 mouse it would have been better.

:excellent:

Essegi

Cipher
I played 13 hours of CS didn't find it much worse except for some annoying scripted parts
You need to play it to the end.

It's more of "what an awful fucking mess" bad, than "actually bad" bad, but still.
Last level is a mess but Red Forest and Limansk are good maps. I liked hospital part too.
First time i hit last level i finished it in some seconds due to a bug
Strelok crouched and was still, i just sniped him at start of map.

Btw third update of Areal: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1577656602/areal/posts/890606

Last edited:
Wasteland 2
It's sad, because this scam will kill ( or significantly reduce ) future chances of a real stalker spiritual successor kickstarter by a team that could have a chance to deliver anything.

Vostock Games could try to make a singleplayer version of their DayZ: Stalker Edition if it'll be any good, Aereal setting looks like a Survarium ripoff btw.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
after some consideration, I have come to the conclusion that people backing this are stupid people. falling for nigerian scams-stupid. believe in ghosts-stupid.

DraQ

Arcane
Last level is a mess but Red Forest and Limansk are good maps. I liked hospital part too.
Red Forest is great (apart from CTD and save corruption bug, that is), Limansk would have been great if it wasn't so linear, Hospital, from what I remember was a linear scriptcoaster.

Also Swamp was great and some changes in old maps or their connectivity (how to connect the same areas with same fixed positions in space completely differently) were interesting, others - not so much (mainly architectural damage where there was none in SoC).

Essegi

Cipher
Red Forest is great (apart from CTD and save corruption bug, that is), Limansk would have been great if it wasn't so linear, Hospital, from what I remember was a linear scriptcoaster.

Also Swamp was great and some changes in old maps or their connectivity (how to connect the same areas with same fixed positions in space completely differently) were interesting, others - not so much (mainly architectural damage where there was none in SoC).
Yeah, hospital was very linear, nonetheless i still had fun.:D

aris

Arcane
b5083ba1b8ba5b3a92ac3747f6f70391_large.png

Igor is a respected game industry analyst, professional gamer and an active staple of the gaming community. He is a video-game journalist who's been published in numerous publications, both official and fan based. He also used to be a radio presenter on a station called the Game Radio Portal.
Ummm.. ok...? So what does this guy actually contribute with in the game development?

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Haha, they ripped off the Battlefield 3 Dogtag graphics for their kickstarter pitch.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
This has scam written all over it; shutterstock pictures, stalker gameplay in their pitch, no clear picture of who did what in the development of the games...
If they have used all their savings and whatever they should have something to show, working models, a few working character designs, hell even a shitty build with their supposed engine even if it looked like a tech demo
This sort of thing is a fucking disgrace playing up on a cherished franchise to get a quick scam
Look at those fuckers sitting behind a table, they look more like club bouncers than designers and that chinese looking mutherfucker couldn't even hold still for the duration of the video ffs
Yeah we are real and we can get the game to all consoles whatever
Toss vodka!
Oh and Metro go fuck yourself

Perkel

Arcane
Looks like it is not a scam but poor kickstarter.
I would drop some cash if they will show actual progress in video which they say they will.
So devs present your goods and i shall drop some money, until that no money from me.

Also i don't know why people are so obsessed with 50k goal. If they are actually close friend group they could go without actual salary and work for food.

For 50k in Poland and considering you have place to live (your own flat/house) which is not rare you could live for YEARS assuming you will spend money with head instead of wasting it on whores and booze.

Now those dudes are from Ukraine. 50k in ukraine is almost double in actuall real buying power than in poland. This means that if those dudes really want to work together to create game as small team spending money for necessities like food clothes etc. they could work on this game FOR DECADE or more.

So everything depends now on their updates. No progress no money.

edit:

Also 50k goal problem only is problematic with console verison as you need to drop some serious money into QA, ESRB and so on which can cost a lot.

Ivan

Arcane
Hoax is hoax. This project:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom