Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Argh, fer focks sake! (and some questions)

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
I was on a roll in my game, had just delivered the note to the Rebellion agent in the Citadel and was about to intervene in the election somehow, when my game crashed (not uncommon, unfortunately), but by this time I'm used to it. So I start up the game again and load my trusted Auto Save, just no find out that the fucker is somehow corrupted (C++ Runtime error) and naturally I hadn't saved in a regular save game slot for more than an hour. Yay!

A few questions:

*Is there a great benefit to paying off the Land's End mayor's debt? 5000 drachs is a lot money after all.

*In Land's End, one of the Ironwood sisters mentions a crystal blade and that it was lost near some ruins in the north. Where exactly are those ruins?

*How do you raise your Nature skill, or for that matter your Literacy & Lore skill?

...more to come.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
In regards to the debt, there is another way then to flat out pay it.

There is a Literacy and Lore trainer in Citadel, not sure about Nature.

Fantasm

Novice
Azael said:
*In Land's End, one of the Ironwood sisters mentions a crystal blade and that it was lost near some ruins in the north. Where exactly are those ruins?

Try scouting along the river...

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
OK, thanks for the pointers.

Another question, if I raise a skill above 30 through training rather than experience, do I still get the Attribute bonus? It seems like I miss out on it if I raise with Skill Points.

Fantasm

Novice
Azael said:
OK, thanks for the pointers.

Another question, if I raise a skill above 30 through training rather than experience, do I still get the Attribute bonus? It seems like I miss out on it if I raise with Skill Points.

Actually, I've experienced the oppositte. Raising a skill above 30 through skill points has the desired effect, but if I raise it through training or quests or whatnot, I usually don't see the attribute increase.

One thing to keep in mind is that I only see the attribute increase if I close the character screen and then re-open it. Try that and see if you can see it happen then. Also, raising the Lit&Lore skill above 30 raises charisma instead of intelligence, which is a bug...

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
I imagine the 'Sylkie girl' is involved in getting the crystal blade, but who do I talk to about her? Also, where in Land's End can I get milk? :wink:

thathmew

Zero Sum Software
Developer
So I start up the game again and load my trusted Auto Save, just no find out that the fucker is somehow corrupted (C++ Runtime error) and naturally I hadn't saved in a regular save game slot for more than an hour. Yay!
Yowsers! That's awful.
Has anyone else seen this? Obviously something I need to fix asap. It must have crashed in the middle of autosaving, which I can work around actually.

-m

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Happened to me once more now. Fortunately, I had learned from the previous incident and had a recently saved game.

I'm also a bit stuck when it comes to finding the Crystal Blade, just who do I talk to about the 'Sylkie girl'?

CP

Liturgist
Azael said:
Happened to me once more now. Fortunately, I had learned from the previous incident and had a recently saved game.

I'm also a bit stuck when it comes to finding the Crystal Blade, just who do I talk to about the 'Sylkie girl'?

SPOILERS

Before you meet Sylkie girl, talk to Aogian who is fishing by the river. He will tell you about a missing girl named Hana. To get Sylkie girl to stay on land you have to know taht her name is Hana.

Once you've done this go to one of the caves in Land's End. Inside is a girl named Malpia who is having a tea party with some dwellers. Get her out of there and take her home to her mother Janni (Janne?).

If you don't have a party that's full of idiots you will put together that since Malpia can speak to animals she can probably speak to Sylkie Girl. With the right speech/charisma you can convince Janni to let Malpia help you out.

Malpia will ask Sylkie Girl to get the artifact (if you know about it). She will retrieve you the druid's spear. Far and away the best weapon for a polearm using druid.

Phew.

CP

CP

Liturgist
Azael said:
*Is there a great benefit to paying off the Land's End mayor's debt? 5000 drachs is a lot money after all.

If you do it right there's a lot to gain, including a spell, an item, drachs and infiltrating the rebellion.

Azael said:
*How do you raise your Nature skill, or for that matter your Literacy & Lore skill?

You can raise your nature skill through Hjor at the Kellen in can't you? Lit/lore can be raised by a scholar at house char in the citadel and by completing the house leit quest.

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I was away for a while. Any more questions?

CP

Joey

Novice
The only cave I can find in or near lands end is the one with the M guy. Anyone know the one with the little girl in it?

Also I have tried everything to find the "P" guy from the note in lands end. I have talked to everyone repetedly and nothing. I figure he is the guy in the inn that has nothing to say. After I killed the fake watcher agent T something I have no clear path of what to do next. I don't like to leave quests undone. Any ideas of what to do next? I retalked to the watcher and the real watchers agent in Lands end. All they say is to find the "P" fellow.

Joey

Novice
I found the cave with the girl, but if I accept the offer I have to kill her monsters, and If I dont I also have to kill her monsters. Which gets her mad at me and she wont talk.

kratimus

Novice
Figured out "P"? or how not to crash the tea party? Curious because I am trying to figure out the tea party thing myself. I guessing there is another way to talk to her.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom