Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Decline ARMA 3 - I was ready for fun but then Bohemia Interactive cockblocked me

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by MetalCraze, Mar 4, 2013.

1. deuxhero Arcane

deuxhero
    A fancy ammo counter doesn't change how every gun is treated as though it were open bolt.

^ Top  
  2. forumvisitor#451 Savant

forumvisitor#451
    What do you mean?

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. KazikluBey Augur Patron

KazikluBey
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
    The game doesn't keep track of separate rounds, individual bullets are only kept track of as part of a counter on the magazine. Take an M4 with a 30-round magazine: When you do a "tactical reload" before the first mag has run out one round should stay in the gun, leaving you with 31 bullets to shoot before the new magazine is empty; O:FP and Arma 1 through Arma 3 automagically dechambers the round, keeping it in the old magazine. From how their config files are structured, it doesn't seem that easy to change. Guess we'll see how their new Enfusion engine turns out.

^ Top  
  4. unfairlight ヽ(✿゚▽゚)ノ Patron

unfairlight
    What the fuck, how? Rising Storm 2 and Insurgency have this.

^ Top  
  5. KazikluBey Augur Patron

KazikluBey
    Do they have multiple kinds of ammo for every weapon too? That's what complicates things in Arma, based on how things were set up back in Operation Flashpoint. The weapon/mag/ammo config files in Arma haven't changed much since then.

^ Top  
  6. unfairlight ヽ(✿゚▽゚)ノ Patron

unfairlight
    Rising Storm 2 does, for the M79 Grenade Launcher which you can swap between buckshot, smoke and high explosive shells. Shotguns do too for the Baikal Izh-58 double barreled hunting shotgun and trench gun, which you can swap between rifled slugs and double ought buckshot on the Izh, and #4 shot and double-ought buckshot on the Trench Gun.
    Insurgency also has multiple shotgun shell variants, however you cannot carry both at the same time and swap between them as you can in Rising Storm 2.

^ Top  
  7. KazikluBey Augur Patron

KazikluBey
    Single shot weapons like the M79 are obviously not affected by what we're talking about. Can you put several kinds of slugs/buckshot in those shotguns at the same time?

What I thought we were talking about is whether you can swap between ball, tracer, HP, IR tracers, AP, etc. ammo on the M16/AK variants in such a way that the game leaves one AP round in the chamber when you swap to a ball/tracer magazine.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
    ^ Top  
  8. unfairlight ヽ(✿゚▽゚)ノ Patron

unfairlight
    Oh, unfortunately not. I was more miffed about the fact that the game doesn't differentiate between a reload with one in the chamber and a reload that's completely empty.

^ Top  
  9. Konjad High on potatoes Patron

Konjad
    Next expansion will be set somewhere in Poland (called Livonia in the game) an it will have Poles vs Russkies in some x-files sci-fi UFO scenario. lol

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1021790/Arma_3_Contact/

Last edited: May 24, 2019
    • "It was Aliens" "It was Aliens" x 5
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Surf Solar cannot into womynz

Surf Solar
    :what:

• WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Konjad High on potatoes Patron

Konjad
    https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/20...otgun/steam+(Rock,+Paper,+Shotgun:+Steam+RSS)

• "It was Aliens" "It was Aliens" x 2
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. cretin Educated

cretin
    On the fence about buying that. On the one hand, aliens is fresh idea and sounds fun. On the other, I've never played ArmA for the SP campaigns. Id sooner download a ton of mods to play some amateur's remake of OFP: resistance than i would pay for a BI arma campaign.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Burning Bridges Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk

Burning Bridges
    This would interest me if they got rid of the stupid NATO modernshit and placed it in Siberia ca 1957 or something. But as it is it will probably more "Papa Bear this is Alpha I see beaucoup Aliens 12 o'clock 200 meters"

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. KazikluBey Augur Patron

KazikluBey
    The new terrain is nice (it's in the dev/beta patches if you've pre-ordered it), and the terrain objects like houses, trees, bushes, (largely from DayZ, I think) will be unlocked so that mod authors can use them.

There's also the new Community DLC, Global Mobilization, set on the border in Cold War Germany. New map, vehicles, weapons, etc. Reviews mixed, partly due to the new way CDLC fit in with the rest of the game; Bohemia's DLC work seamlessly in that people with different DLCs can play with each other, people without the DLC can see and sit in passenger seats of DLC stuff, but can't use them. With GlobMob and future CDLC, people without the DLC can't play missions that use their assets at all.

^ Top  
  15. cretin Educated

cretin
    wtf. This seems oddly timed, given the porting of CWR2 mod??

^ Top  
  16. KazikluBey Augur Patron

KazikluBey
    CWR2 is still just for Arma 2: OA right? Mondkalb appears to have been involved in both projects at least for the terrains, maybe some other modders have been in both projects. GlobMob has been in production from before Bohemia announced they were interested in releasing Community DLC.

^ Top  
  17. cretin Educated

cretin
    man i couldve sworn i saw a release of CWR2 stuff for ArmA 3. Maybe i imagined it, i dont keep up with the happenings in the scene anymore.

^ Top  
  18. KazikluBey Augur Patron

KazikluBey
    They're releasing a bunch of new stuff/updates lately, but it's still an Arma 2 mod.

^ Top  
  19. Katana1000S Educated

Katana1000S
    Well, I just pre-purchased Contact, if its done right it could be fun, reading that it could be worth it for the new terrain alone if nothing else that I can use right now ... as soon its downloaded at least, purchased Global Mobilization - Cold War Germany at same too, and that brings me up to date with ARMA 3 and owning all DLC now, even ordered the real map bundle a few months ago and am going to try get them laminated.

I realise ARMA 3 is not for everyone, but I like it.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)