Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ARMA 3

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I have been playing some missions with forumvisitor#451 in zeus community servers, good fun.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Done with Resistance. Not as good as the original campaign, but still pretty fun. I'm taking a pause as i sense i'm getting burned out by the game, started playing Doom instead lmao i'll finish Red Hammer and the single missions after that.

Looks like there's a shit load of custom missions for this game too, i'll look into some of those too i guess.

Yep, lots of missions to choose from. I recommend checking some of the missions in my previous post and especially dynamic ones.

I have been playing some missions with forumvisitor#451 in zeus community servers, good fun.

:salute: It was great. Zeus Community is pretty much welcome for anyone, but you have to play with a team otherwise you are removed from the server. We also played some modified Escape where you are just dropped on the island only with pistols and you have to loot the bodies, find a map, figure out where you are and get to the radio station to call the chopper and extract. It is randomized every time and with dynamic fights between factions, randomized objectives positions and civilians (killing one of them makes mission harder). I was leading and we encountered static grenade launchers two times and each time they were fucking deadly. But Matador used his LMG to kill the gunner and we were able to secure the checkpoint and proceed with the mission.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I've done my first mission in ARMA 3. A SP scenario with the zombie and survival framework "Ravage". Also included Vandeansons Apocalypse, for extra features like Infection, Bleeding and various dynamic sites spawns, like Helicopter crashes and bandit camps.

The philosophy is to made a scenario with handcrafted tasks, encounters and exploration rewards, sustained by a robust dynamic framework to fill the gaps and give the experience some unpredictability.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2014407555

If you play it don't be too harsh, I'm a total noob making missions. Hope to receive feedback to improve and expand it.

Last edited:

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Congrats on your mission mate!

I see you really like the Malden map haha. Can we play it co-op?

I have to adapt it for COOP, but it should be easy. Just tell me your favourite weapon to give it to you at the start. Will be great to play it together.

I chose Malden because it doesn't need more mods and has good performance. Next time I would like to use Livonia or Tanoa when I get them on sales.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Last edited:

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2024456044

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CjakJPXmOkDcAlj4zsZlBcamRQKmBlp4

My new ravage SP scenario: Endless night mission, few lights on the whole map, tasks and hand crafted places with great atmosphere. I tried to give Thief 1 vibes in some places. Using the darkness to elude zombies and patrols, being alone looting mansions and churches, etc. I also wanted the scarce lights to give organic guidance, you start in a semi-random position without map so anything is very important in the beginning.

Similar to my previous mission but with more tasks, content and polish.

I leave a Ravage guide if you want to play and don't now the mod features:

https://ravage.fandom.com/wiki/Beginner's_guide

Last edited:

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2024456044

UPDATE to my endless night mission : Release 1.0

-New Quest!: Turn on electrical grid in Virolahti biggest city and capital: Virojoki to help people endure the endless night.

PD: Here is a pic from a COOP mission played with forumvisitor#451

M5ziuck.png

Last edited:

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I'm looking to play the Old man scenario. Is it worth playing its beta right now or better to wait for the release?

Gook

Novice

New cold war era, OFP inspired DLC coming. It probably will be just a subpar mod with a price tag but I'm still a bit excited.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Finally got to play some Arma singleplayer stuff, enchanted as hell though with a ton of immersion mods :)

Played the standard campaign, and it was surprisingly good. I was surprised, it actually felt like there was an invasion going on and with you Mr. regular grunt getting caught up in the middle of it. Lots of shady stuff going on in the background, but it is always out of reach since, well, you are just another boot on the ground. Really liked it, added to the war feeling, a certain distance to things going on. Pretty epic climax I must say if you go after the "intel".

Then I tried:

And man, those are some good missions. Really enjoyed the guerilla missions. The first one was okay, but the second one with multiple choices was just excellent. I ran all three missions, and I think the best one was the APC. Mostly because I got taken out but managed to scramble out of the wreck and continue the fight on foot. Just some of the Arma emergent gameplay stuff I guess.

Really wish Bohemia would stick to making campaigns or missions, I know I would buy if they were of this quality.

Next for me is Laws of War and Contact.

And here is a collection of the mods I'm currently using:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2370206918

Screen from one of the missions, fighting African CSAT:

3C84D887EB99B28B239377CAF034EE153CD40F3F

Last edited:

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
I just had a fantastic spell where we played several persistent campaigns (Antistasi, Vindicta) and I acquired all DLC (except global assault which I refunded).

ARMA 3 is an amazing game. If you can live with its many shortcomings it doesnt get any better than this, as no other company will get within a mile of this kind of simulation.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I just had a fantastic spell where we played several persistent campaigns (Antistasi, Vindicta) and I acquired all DLC (except global assault which I refunded).

ARMA 3 is an amazing game. If you can live with its many shortcomings it doesnt get any better than this, as no other company will get within a mile of this kind of simulation.

Yeah, when you get into it it's such a great game. The only thing that pisses me off at times is the lag. But then I'm CPU bound, really need a new one.

Btw, what kind of Antistasi are you running Burning Bridges ?

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
With standard troops or RHS? Yeah, I think Livonia version will be the best. Been checking out that map, and it looks so much cozier than Altis.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
We used standard, but afaik you always fight against NATO unless you find a BluFor version.

Livonia should be completely different gameplay wise. Altis and Malden are really ideal if you want visibility range whereas Livonia is more about house to house fighting and such. But I like it more than all modded maps in terms of quality and variety. On the other hand it being landlocked is something I dont really like and it ruins immersion a bit.

Malden is probably the best official map. Altis is fantastic but already too big imo. Even if I have a car it can take me 1/2 hour to get to some places.

We actually play more in Vindicta where you have direct control over the enemy faction. For example in Malden we fight against MDF + MDF police. And were even considering an invasion by AAF + Afghanistan police at some point :)

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Matador When you uploaded your mission to Steam, did the mod requirement get added automatically or did you have to add that yourself?

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Decided to make my own mission. First one of several (I hope). Want to make a mini-campaign.

You play as a regular grunt in the AAF army, and well, it's time to take back Stratis from NATO. The mission take place a week or two after the official East Wind campaign.

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Boy, after so much fucking around trying to get the AI to dynamically call for mortar strikes, it was all just a mod away...

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2022986929

I will leave it here if any of you ever want to make missions. Basically you just plop down the module, link whatever CAS and arty you want, and then link the module to squad leaders - after that magic happens. Lots of edits you can make to it too, like cooldowns, support that can be denied, mortar dispersion etc.

Edit:

Looks like I was wrong, you don't have to link anything. All units get to call arty or CAS, which is to me a pain. You can exclude units with a code, but so much easier to just sync... There is another way though, you can limit it by rank. So you can limit it by only higher ranking soldiers can use it.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom