Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ARMA 3

MetalCraze

Arcane
ArmA3, the only modern tactical shooter (if you disregard two half-dead kikestarter projects - Ground Branch and Takedown), is out tomorrow.

This time however BIS decided to be fair and named the first release appropriately - an Alpha. This is your 4th chance to help BIS avoid wasting money on useless shit called QA department. It is also a steam-exclusive which kinda sucks. Can't wait for "kill 100 seagulls" achievement like that steaming ArmA1 had.

Dslyecxi faps hard to it claiming it to be the best ArmA ever (but what else would a BISim employee do?) and promised a vidya showcasing why at 0 AM GMT on 5th march. I also need a better PC.

So will it be a dumbed down Call of Duty wannabe since it's being designed by people who brought you the shitty PMC DLC and didn't commit seppuku immediately afterwards? Will it be the "best tactical shooter" for children like Battlefield 3? Or will it be a good game?

Those 3.5 of you that care will know tomorrow!

(also tomorrow is my real bday this year, all other days are bullshit only in 2013)

LAJi43Bh.jpg

IFmgzqrh.jpg

b8Ad6l8h.jpg

nzRYRRAh.jpg

arma3_screenshot_31_4.jpg

arma3_screenshot_02_4.jpg

Steve

Augur
Usually you have to pay extra to get in alpha/beta, this is kinda cool. I'll probably preorder this tomorrow because I would buy it anyway at some point so might as well buy it cheap. Hopefully this will prove more effective than what ever they did with ARMA2, that game was kind of a disaster on release.

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
They still make shit human models and I bet animations are even worse.

Gord

Arcane
I wonder how long it will be until we stop seeing foliage that's made by sticking two 2D polygons at an 90° angle together.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Hummm, my PC runs it, so maybe I'll give it a try... 25 Euros seems decent enough, and even comes with 3 alpha invites...

Quilty

Magister
I'm really excited for this. Can't wait to see some action during night time, it looks stunning.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
If only it doesn´t run like crap and is launched with a shitload of bugs. Looking back at their previous efforts, OPF, Arma and Arma 2... can´t help but think this won´t be a game to buy at launch.

TripJack

Hedonist
get back to me in two years when they have elminated at least 50% of the game breaking bugz

Joghurt

Augur
Skyway I'll be waiting for you report on how this thing runs. Any chance of me playing it if I was able to run A2 on medium but not high setting at a decent framerate?

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
DAT GRAPHICS

Finally, something that looks better than 2006-levels. Maybe in another 6 years we'll be able to see this on the PS5 and Xbawks 1440. I also like that they're honest about it being an Alpha, unlike all the AAAAAAAAAAAAA+ games shat out these days. Should run perfectly fine on my almost 3-year-old PC too.

potatojohn

Arcane
I swear to god, BIS and ArmA are like the definitive proof that the free market is a fucking joke. They've made three completely fucking broken games, lie constantly and never fix anything, and yet retards still believe them and buy their games.

asfasdf

robot
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Another great game for people who loves spending hours hidden in a bush to ambush a stupid bot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom