Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ARMA 3

TripJack

Hedonist
How is single player in arma 3 and 2 ? I'm replaying OFP 1 and then will play arma 1 and am wondering about arma 3 and 2.
neither is worth bothering with for singleplayer

2 has mixed campaigns and missions, some are good, some are bad. Overall you should enjoy it
most are bad and overall you shouldn't enjoy it

Incantatar

Cipher
Campaign in A2 was broken for me after several patches. What i played wasn't very fun.
Campaign in A3 was mediocre. You have more fun with dynamic user missions. They are all buggy but a lot more fun than Bohemia content.

potatojohn

Arcane
FARMA 3 now works on Linux.

45snMVw.png

i wish its price was a bit lower. in my extended demo i kept being annihilated by enemy grunts, i could hope it's because one of the famous bohemia features but i'm not willing to discover i irremediably suck for full price.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
What's the take on Tanoa? I am considering getting into ARMA again, though I find these games a bit pointless (military shooters have no long term motivation to me) I really like the vastness of space available.

every time i hope for a decent arma steam sale, there's a new expansion so the price never drops but actually rises :/

Burning Bridges

Yeah, you are right actually. I wanted to wait for a better time and now I probably have to pay 60€ :)

Direwolf

Arcane
What's the take on Tanoa? I am considering getting into ARMA again, though I find these games a bit pointless (military shooters have no long term motivation to me) I really like the vastness of space available.

The map is amazing. Everything else is the same. New campaign is shit and AI is super retarded and not into jungle at all.

Burning Bridges

I tried it and gave it back. While it runs really well on my computer the campaign is super dumb. I realized I would not enjoy playing it and refunded right away.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
The crazy stuff is MetalCraze is still bitching on theirs forums about losing licence because they removed support for private persons from certain stuff when they updated the program.

He could stay there, we would at least appreciate his gossip from Ukrainistan.

Burning Bridges

Arma 3 Apex at -66% (20 Euro) http://store.steampowered.com/app/107410/Arma_3/

Technically the 64 bit exe now runs like a charm. I also almost fell off my chair how crisp everything looks compared to games like Rising Storm 2.

I am looking for mods that interest me, the US futurecrap certainly not. Is there something like i44? Has somebody tried the Iron Front conversion? What about Vietnam?

Dayyālu

Arcane
I am looking for mods that interest me, the US futurecrap certainly not. Is there something like i44? Has somebody tried the Iron Front conversion? What about Vietnam?

Nothing like I44 in Arma3. Even Iron Front has been merely ported, and I've heard the balance is atrocious.

:negative:

Vietnam mods I don't know. The only worthwile mods are the Cold War gone hot ones, usual 80 tech.

Burning Bridges

Vietnam mods I don't know. The only worthwile mods are the Cold War gone hot ones, usual 80 tech.

Cold war gone hot?? :bounce:
Can you point me to the best places to look?
Mind, I am interested in campaign mods. Mere collections of objects and units are not interesting.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom