Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ARMA 3

MetalCraze

Arcane
ArmA3's alpha is smoking Tomb Raider on its release date :salute:

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Didn't see this posted, forgive me if I missed it:

Game doesn't really have much art style (for obvious reasons) but damn the lighting in this game is accurate. The only thing I'd "complain" about is that distant ground textures don't up-rez when you zoom in the camera, so you get obvious nasty-looking low-res ground textures.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
But be advised, this is not final software. The build may contain errors, lack certain features, and thus totally represents final quality.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
so if i understand these alpha shenanigans correctly, i shouldn't buy arma 3 now but wait until its actually a complete game?

You're in for a long wait. I'm not even sure if the first game has left alpha yet. The devs just give up after a while and release a new game, basically like S.T.A.L.K.E.R

This has the potential to be a brilliant game and the antidote to the retarded scripted shooters these days but I won't get my hopes up that it will ever be bug-free or polished.

Quilty

Magister
The game is completely stable, didn't encounter any bugs, and it's incredibly pretty. The graphicswhore in all of us might not be totally satisfied with the textures, but overall this one looks like a winner. Don't forget that if you buy now at half price you will eventually get the final product for no additional payments.

asfasdf

robot
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Sure do, if they improve a bit more they can stop pretending these are games and sell them as B movies.

asfasdf

robot
Patron
Okay, let me think. If the graphics get any better I can stop watching war movies and "play" ArmA instead? Well, screw you, I am trying my best here.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Okay, let me think. If the graphics get any better I can stop watching war movies and "play" ArmA instead? Well, screw you, I am trying my best here.

I doubt you can play ArmA, it has more stances than your controller has buttons.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Or you could post actual relevant discussion instead of shitposting.

That would be a start.

asfasdf

robot
Patron
I... see. I was just pointing I think ArmA series are great visuals and not much more.

asfasdf

robot
Patron
Because the gameplay is bland, slow and tedious. Yes, I get your point, I should elaborate on why I have such opinion instead of giving simple sarcastic remarks, so I will try it later when I have more time. I apologize for my childish behaviour.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Dudes, if you could spare an invite/key I would be grateful.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Because the gameplay is bland, slow and tedious. Yes, I get your point, I should elaborate on why I have such opinion instead of giving simple sarcastic remarks, so I will try it later when I have more time. I apologize for my childish behaviour.

If there is one thing I learned the hard way on the codex it is that you never back down so easily like you just did. :rpgcodex:

MetalCraze

Arcane
Because the gameplay is bland, slow and tedious.

Just like SWAT3/4, Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon, Project IGI, Delta Force 1-3, Spilnter Cell etc amirite

Good thing those are dead now so I can finally have fun in a fast paced shooter like Gears of War where you sit behind a box for 95% of game time (rest are cutscenes)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom