Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ARMA 3

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
This is your 4th chance to help BIS avoid wasting money on useless shit called QA department.

Just like Age of Decadence.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Gunplay is exponentially better than Arma 2.
Zero to any exponent is still zero.
Not in transreal math. (And yes I have working library that can divide by zero, and after I made that library I derived the math the library is using. Just something that was a ring isn't ring anymore.)

But, why are you so sure it's not negative? Also when the base is less than one, or when the base was an imaginary nubmer.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Looks really amazing, but im not to sure about the fast pacedness of the infantry combat

MetalCraze

Arcane
Same as in real war operations mostly and definitely faster than SWAT shooter games for example. Sitting for 30 minutes behind a bush is some bullshit myth people who never played the game spread. Of course you can always design a mission where you just lay under a bush and wait for a vehicle to drive from 20km away.

Or you can go this pace like in this SP mission that comes with alpha

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Baronjohn try putting 20kgs on and jump from 2m height. Really, please do this, for our sake.
30+ cm tall steps? Also it's quite unlikely they would create something with such deep drop without barrier.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
arma3_e3_release_8_4.jpg

Really shit

Look at that tiny dick.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I like how that video is attempting to demonstrate additional 'realism' while the guy rotates in mid-air each time and somehow is able to land sideways and not fall over.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
This is pretty much the best video on "WTF is ArmA and why it's good" there is

Stop the liez, start the truthz!

He says the island is 20km² and the full game is 270km². But the website says the island is about 15% of the whole game area, so someone cannot into maths. Rest of the video is pretty good though. Despite the bugs and whatnot, this series is still lightyears ahead of the competition, for what that's worth.

potatojohn

Arcane
06yGMcn.jpg

At least it runs okay-ish. I barely meet the minimum requirements and get better fps than in ArmA 2.

Also they fixed the scope bug where fps would drop massively if you looked at vegetation.

Joghurt

Augur
Found a torrent. If the game runs well on my PC then gonna buy the Alpha immediately since I have no doubt I will get lot more than 25 EUR of enjoyment.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom