Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Artifact - a Valve card game based on DotA

Discussion in 'The Gazebo' started by LESS T_T, Aug 9, 2017.

1. hivemind Arcane

hivemind
    the ultimate redpill is that hearthstone is simply a better designed game(especially for draft)

• nice nice x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. DarkUnderlord Bringing that old Raptor magic. Patron

DarkUnderlord
    The ultimate redpill is that card games are shit.

• Agree x 5
    • Funny x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • meh x 1
    • Yes x 1
    • Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. hivemind Arcane

hivemind
    keyforge is ok

^ Top  
  4. Frusciante Arbiter

Frusciante
    Project: Eternity
    Card prizes have come down substantially by the way as predicted, Axe is now around 8 dollar - he used to be around 18.

^ Top  
  5. TheSentinel Magister

TheSentinel
    lol, I don't think people predicted cards dropping prices because of demand dropping 60%+

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014
    This is weekend, and peak player count (19,891) is a third of launch day (60,646).

:dead:

• Merry Christmas! x 2
    • nice x 1
    • incline x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    Charging money for a digital card game in the wake of Hearthstone = DOA.

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  8. Pope Amole II Prestigious Gentleman Nerd Commando Game Studios Developer

Pope Amole II
    Forgot to post it here yesterday - just a mean, ugly and merciless burn deck. Probably can be made better with tinker instead of Sorla and some blinks, mb ganks instead of Slays. But even in this shape it's pretty efficient and will give any deck a run for its money.

^ Top  
  9. Multi-headed Cow Learned

Multi-headed Cow
    Finally got my first perfect draft run. Which I played over 3 days since I'm a fucking weirdo and just play a few games of Artifact a night. Surprised it worked out since it was a bit janky, blue/red/black with fucky card balance (Honestly shouldn't have splashed black but my cards were kinda shit so I either had to put in Debbi to run a few decent black cards, or run more awful red/blue). Like I had Ursa and Bristle, good heroes but their signature cards can leave something to be desired, and I only had like 6 non-sig red cards. Then my two blues were ogre and Zeus which are just always solid. I think the main thing that saved my ass was drafting 3 troll shaman since the extra card draw was a massive help.

Ah well. Kinda pointless since I was just playing it for fun and it wasn't expert or keeper, but hey. It was a good time. Today's patch is fairly nice too, and supposedly next week they're going to add some sort of ladder/ranking system.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)