Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Artifact - a Valve card game based on DotA

hivemind

the ultimate redpill is that hearthstone is simply a better designed game(especially for draft)

Frusciante

Cipher
Project: Eternity
Card prizes have come down substantially by the way as predicted, Axe is now around 8 dollar - he used to be around 18.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Charging money for a digital card game in the wake of Hearthstone = DOA.

Finally got my first perfect draft run. Which I played over 3 days since I'm a fucking weirdo and just play a few games of Artifact a night. Surprised it worked out since it was a bit janky, blue/red/black with fucky card balance (Honestly shouldn't have splashed black but my cards were kinda shit so I either had to put in Debbi to run a few decent black cards, or run more awful red/blue). Like I had Ursa and Bristle, good heroes but their signature cards can leave something to be desired, and I only had like 6 non-sig red cards. Then my two blues were ogre and Zeus which are just always solid. I think the main thing that saved my ass was drafting 3 troll shaman since the extra card draw was a massive help.

Ah well. Kinda pointless since I was just playing it for fun and it wasn't expert or keeper, but hey. It was a good time. Today's patch is fairly nice too, and supposedly next week they're going to add some sort of ladder/ranking system.

Frusciante

Cipher
Project: Eternity
Very good changes overall.

Makes you wonder though, they had to backtrack on quite a number of things in just a few weeks. Game would have been much more successful (or less of a flop if you will) if they had all the features and improvements in at launch.

Vagiel

Augur
If anyone is actually interested in a real card game with no tredmitrea and raryties check out the new legend of the five rings.

Maybe the most complex and player driven card game out there. There is a free browser based platform to play online called jigoku.onlile. All cards are available. Just make a deck and play.

Ofcourse for all those looking for daylies achievements and these for me meaningless things stay away itsi not for you.

PM me if someone is interested and I can give you a rundown.

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
Legend of the five rings is indeed a very good card game.
Not surprising considering it comes from ffg, wh40k:conquest, agot, lotr were all solid lcg's.

This 180 turn from Valve is pretty funny though. Game has completely failed hey ?

Vagiel

Augur
yeah legend of whatever totally sounds like a game with a playerbase > 10 people

It's a physical card game and actually very successful. What I am talking about is the fan online adaptation that might interest someone here that wants to play a good deep game and not grind forever or be a whale.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
This is the kind of game that can make a comeback if they make it free. Handpick some very basic and functional deck to give out "for free" and players have to pay to upgrade it with packs or whatever. Get them to at least try it. Valve has the infrastructure to promote it on the cheap, they just need to swallow their pride and stop selling it as if its a premium product.

It's inevitable that this will go F2P, but then Valve will have to deal with masses of disgruntled early adopters who forked out the 20 bucks on release. They'll probably offer some zero-value compensation (a limited edition card or some shit) like they did with Orange Box owners when TF2 went F2P.

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
It's inevitable that this will go F2P, but then Valve will have to deal with masses of disgruntled early adopters who forked out the 20 bucks on release. They'll probably offer some zero-value compensation (a limited edition card or some shit) like they did with Orange Box owners when TF2 went F2P.

All 3k of them. :lol:

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut

No, all tens of thousands of them, since every person who paid $20 for a set of cards will be disappointed to see that same set of cards cost $0 now. Keep in mind there is card trading, some people specifically paid $2-$15 for a key card early in the game's life. Some idiots even thought they can make a living buying and selling cards, cornering the market, etc. Making cards free will awake very vocal whiners to be sure.

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker

No, all tens of thousands of them, since every person who paid $20 for a set of cards will be disappointed to see that same set of cards cost $0 now. Keep in mind there is card trading, some people specifically paid $2-$15 for a key card early in the game's life. Some idiots even thought they can make a living buying and selling cards, cornering the market, etc. Making cards free will awake very vocal whiners to be sure.

Same that were shutting people that complained about the game been 20$ with the rhetoric "you get the game for free and paying 20$ is for 10 packs" ? :lol: Also Valve nerfed cards and gave refunds that were potentially 10 times lower if you bought them at launch and nobody is crying... much. Maybe because there is only 3k playing?
thinking.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom