Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Assassin's Creed Odyssey, set in ancient Greece - it's definitely an RPG now

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://assassinscreed.ubisoft.com

https://www.jeuxvideo-live.com/news/assassins-creed-odyssey-confirme-son-nom-et-son-eepoque--89521

Google Translate said:
Assassin's Creed Odyssey confirms its name and time!
After many rumors about the next episode of the franchise, an internal source in the editorial reveals us exclusively two vital information about it: its title and its time.

After brilliantly renewing the franchise with Assassin's Creed Origins , which staged Bayek in a delightful ancient Egypt, here is the next episode of the series comes to unveil today through a visual revealing two important information.

Indeed, Articblue , an insider more than reliable and internal editorial, sent us the world exclusive photo of an official goodie bearing the name of the next album. It is therefore Assassin's Creed Odyssey which will be in the spotlight as a "sequel" to the adventures of Bayek.

The spartan-shaped keychain leaves little room for doubt and that is why we can say that the action will most likely make us travel to ancient Greece in this episode. Assassin's Creed Odyssey has not yet been formalized by Ubisoft and has no release date to date. It is quite likely that E3 reveals a lot of information on the subject as the publisher begins to send derivatives to different resellers.

https://kotaku.com/new-leak-reveals-assassins-creed-odyssey-set-in-ancien-1826454752

New Leak Reveals Assassin's Creed Odyssey, Set In Ancient Greece

The next Assassin’s Creed is called Odyssey and will take place in ancient Greece, according to a new report from the French site JeuxVideoLive, which adds that Odyssey is a sequel to last year’s Assassin’s Creed Origins. Kotaku can confirm this report.

Rumors about the next Assassin’s Creed have been circulating for months now—some real, some fake—but the one we’ve been hearing since January from our own sources is that the game is indeed set in Greece, and that it’ll be even more of a drastic departure for the series than Origins. We’ve heard the same details from three people who have played the game, and several more who have heard about it secondhand. While Origins added Witcher-like RPG elements, Odyssey will take things even further, those people said, bringing dialogue options to the series for the first time. You’ll be able to play as either a male or a female protagonist, although the builds we’ve heard about did not feature Origins’ main characters Bayek or Aya, but new heroes.

Two of those sources confirmed that Odyssey will be out during Ubisoft’s 2019 fiscal year, which ends on March 31, 2019. Although the previously-annualized series had skipped 2016 in the wake of 2014's disappointing Assassin’s Creed: Unity, it’s likely that this one will be out this fall, returning to the yearly schedule for which the popular franchise has long been known.

Ubisoft did not immediately respond to a request for comment. We’re expecting to see more at E3. A tipster also sent Kotaku their own shots of the key chain, which is arriving at gaming stores across the world today:

Last edited:

Hellion

Arcane
Origins was for the most part historically accurate in its depiction of Hellenistic Egypt, so I'm cautiously optimistic for this one in this aspect, regardless of the plot.

Plus, trireme naval combat :bounce:

hellbent

Augur
There's gonna be a lot of manlove in this one I reckon

Actually, I remember that there have been quite a few gheys in previous ass creed games. I don't recall noticing their sexual orientations that much because they weren't trying to seduce my character or otherwise calling attention to their sexuality.

Then there's the LGBT characters in BioWare games. Not only have they reduced character interactions to bland dialogue options to fit on a tiny dialogue wheel, but you have even less options to choose from since every other one involves offering your orifices to every other character in the game.

Tigranes

Arcane
I tried playing one of these a long time ago. First, I rode a horse for a few minutes. Then, I was in an unskippable cutscene lifted from somebody's middle school fan fiction about TIME TRAVEL. Then, I was back in the PAST, pressing the A button when they told me to press the A button. Then I quit.

Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal

Riding on the coat-tales of Nintendo?

Ubeisoft, ubei urself

i5evnhcgluy01.png

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Roman imperial Greece is kind of an interesting setting—certainly underused—although off the top of my head I can’t think of anything notable happening in the region under Vespasian, Titus or Domitian. A little to the southeast and you could’ve had an awesome game centered on the First Jewish Revolt.

I have no interest in this franchise, but I want to be on record saying that the climax of the game will be assassinating Domitian.

Deflowerer

Arcane
One should be able to sue those fucks for blatant lies like every choice mattering.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom